57 Buffalo cops resign from response team after officers suspended for shoving 75-year-old man to ground; DA investigating incident

One of the reasons I would like to see more former soldiers in positions of policing is I think they understand how to risk assess and use an appropriate response to the situation.
Part of the problem right now is to many ex military in the police. It's a totally different mind set, different training, different responses. There really isn't much overlap in skill sets. I personally think there should be limits or even outright bans on ex military hiring.

That was a small push and the guy tripped .............the pavement caused the damage...........

Was not an intentional take down........incidental only.

We had a guy in the engine room who knocked knocked cold.......hit a steal deck with the back of his head falling down.......and didn't know his own name for hours..........was an asshole though............got what he deserved on that one..........not related to this old guy in the Op

Small push to a 75 year-old... and even if you want to die on the hill of that argument, they are REQUIRED to provide first aid to a citizen in medical distress.
The other police officer pointed to the one stopping at first and called it in on the radio for medical attention...........You guys HYPE EVERYTHING.

Calling it in is NOT providing 1st aid... the guy was pooling blood coming out of his ears. Jesus. If that was your grandfather or father you sure as fuck wouldn't be so simple. No one stopped to check his pulse or to see if he was still breathing. The one officer that started to was immediately pulled away and did not try to contest.
I don't live in fantasy Island where the police can shit emt's immediately, and aid comes from lightning bolts from their asses................I see no intent of doing harm here.........Aid was rendered........medical personnel were called.

And yet here you are hyping the dang thing.........My parents or grandparents, god rest their souls, wouldn't have been trying to impede the police from stopping riots........So your comparison is BS

I'm going to cue you in on a very poorly kept secret... Police officers are given 1st aid training, and in a lot of states if a person is trained in 1st aid and there is a medical emergency, they are legally obligated to provide it. Calling an EMT over the radio is NOT providing 1st aid, it is merely a step in doing so. You might want to educate yourself a bit before responding so you don't make yourself look foolish.
I was military dumbass.........ass.........fitting symbol of the ass party.........we did training as well.......and just because the first one didn't stop and others dealt with it means 2 WORDS..........

JACK.............and...........SQUAT.

Wan't intentional..........and the guy shouldn't have been there..........so take your BS outrage elsewhere..............

Just because you were military doesn't mean you were knowledgeable and good at your job. Obviously on the battlefield in a foreign country you aren't obligated by the same laws as a member of the national guard in NY... it has become quite obvious at this point you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about and cannot even differentiate such a huge divide between responsibilities on the battlefield, and the differing responsibilities of a member of the national guard when dealing with U.S. CITIZENS on U.S. SOIL.
Up yours............the old man getting hurt was an accident.........don't burn the damned nation down for your POLITICS....and maybe Pandora goes back into the box..............until then there will be blowback from both sides.

Which is what your crappy ass party wants.......Your side does this shit every election cycle......then CRIES VICTIM STATUS......24/7

YOU ARE BORING ME.

...oh so when something is an accident they aren't supposed to provide life-saving aid?

Jesus you guys are dense. I don't have a "side," and all you are doing by saying that is conceding that you know you are wrong in this discussion. View attachment 346486 The phrase that is important here is "duty to act." You should check it out some time so you don't continue to look silly arguing that it doesn't exist.
DRAMA QUEEN.........FUCK YOU..........the guy should have stayed home.........they didn't intend to crack his skull............and he GOT FIRST AID TREATMENT.

Go peddle your Snake Oil somewhere else.

Fascist... so because the man is 75 he should't be able to practice his constitutional right to protest? And to do so without being physically assaulted by the police? Funny how you Trump supporters cried a few weeks ago about how stay at home orders were a violation of your rights, and here you are trying to say a U.S. citizen should have to stay at home and not be able to protest. A person couldn't make this shit up if they tried.
You have no SYMPATHY ANYMORE........WHEN they BURNED THE NATION DOWN.....and funny how you limp dicked Dems don't care about the dang quarantine anymore....

Because the Rate was small..........you need something to cover up that we DESTROYED our Economy for a stinking KUNG FLU VIRUS with a 0.2% rate............................and most deaths came from stupid policies in BLUE CITIES.........imagine that.

Still waiting for you to point out where I said it was acceptable to burn down stuff in these protests. How about we make a bet that you can't find anything? Then when you can't as the payoff you have to apologize and stay off the forum for a week? You won't do that however, because you are spineless and you'd rather just make up shit that is fake and post that instead. :rolleyes:
Your side doesn't do this shit where I come from...........doesn't end well......it is DNC controlled shit holes were all this happens.........

Stay there.......burn your cities to the ground........I simply don't care anymore.........

He fell backward because he was shoved.
Old people are like that. That is why you don’t shove them
And he was pushed back because he was in an officer's face and interfering in his duty at an extremely inappropriate time. He should have been put in cuffs and hauled off to jail but he hit his head first.

Maybe this notorious activist was looking to provoke a response. He got one.

They shoved an elderly man and pushed him to the ground.
He had to be taken away in an ambulance
The man who illegally interceded in police business was shoved back. He himself took several steps backwards and fell to the ground.

Why am I not surprised you would lie about the incident and totally mischaracterize it?

I don’t shove elderly people, I know I could hurt them. Most people won’t.
Don't get in a cop's face in the middle of riots and general lawlessness and you won't have to
push anyone.
He was walking toward the cops when he should have been walking away as the liberal democrat baby hitler ruling Buffalo told him to

One of the reasons I would like to see more former soldiers in positions of policing is I think they understand how to risk assess and use an appropriate response to the situation.
Part of the problem right now is to many ex military in the police. It's a totally different mind set, different training, different responses. There really isn't much overlap in skill sets. I personally think there should be limits or even outright bans on ex military hiring.
Typical HATE THE MILITARY BS from the left........expected and normal

They are wrong

The two cops were out of line
It was one cop and I'm sure he didn't think the guy would trip on that concrete ball...the other cop got on his phone and called an ambulance...and then the cops had to attend to the rioters rushing towards them....at least that's what I saw on the video...
They weren’t rioters rushing towards them. There was no riot. There were bystanders who wanted to help the person the police had just nearly killed.
A guy comes crashing into the police at the end of the video what do you call that?...peaceful protest?....peaceful means you give the police respect and space to do their job....and the old man refused orders to get back and then he reached and pointed at the cops baton....bad idea....

Eight burly policemen around a 75 year old man. Don’t tell me they felt threatened

Yeah... but that 75 year old man was armed with a cell phone! The ignorance on this forum of some people when trying to discuss topics like these is amazing. They don't know about duty to act laws, or what it takes to lawfully activate the national guard, or even something so simple as use of force procedures. Not only do I know about all those things, but I was trained and participated in CIM exercises that help train people how to quash situations like these while learning from the events and causation at the same time.

No doubt. They have turned law enforcement into a military style occupation.

You don’t mess with cops. They will happily kill you.

He only likes the military when they support him over the country.

See how he treats the military who voice their opinion in opposition to his actions.

Who said I hate the military?

Show me where it says that in my post.

And he was pushed back because he was in an officer's face and interfering in his duty at an extremely inappropriate time. He should have been put in cuffs and hauled off to jail but he hit his head first.

So was it necessary to give the man a brain bleed?

th

Implied by your words.....................BAN THEM from being hired...........LOL

They are wrong

The two cops were out of line
It was one cop and I'm sure he didn't think the guy would trip on that concrete ball...the other cop got on his phone and called an ambulance...and then the cops had to attend to the rioters rushing towards them....at least that's what I saw on the video...
They weren’t rioters rushing towards them. There was no riot. There were bystanders who wanted to help the person the police had just nearly killed.
A guy comes crashing into the police at the end of the video what do you call that?...peaceful protest?....peaceful means you give the police respect and space to do their job....and the old man refused orders to get back and then he reached and pointed at the cops baton....bad idea....

Eight burly policemen around a 75 year old man. Don’t tell me they felt threatened
They feel threatened the moment they put on the uniform and leave the station dummy....there are riots going on and 7 cops have been shot in two days....wake the fuck up....
What bullshit

Don’t tell me a 75 year old man asking questions to eight burly policemen is a threat
He was touching the cops and they touched him back

No doubt. They have turned law enforcement into a military style occupation.

You don’t mess with cops. They will happily kill you.
Exactly.

Cops protect and serve, military fight.

A cop arriving on the scene of any incident should be thinking "how can I make this better" and "how can I help these people" not "who do I arrest" or worse.

He only likes the military when they support him over the country.

See how he treats the military who voice their opinion in opposition to his actions.
Don't be a retard. There's enough of those here already.

Wow, did ANYONE expect this?! I will say, whatever side you are on the issue of the push that hurt that older gentleman, this response is that of people truly putting their money where their mouth is.

57 Buffalo cops resign from response team after officers suspended for shoving 75-year-old man to ground; DA investigating incident

All 57 officers of the Buffalo Police Emergency Response team resigned Friday afternoon in support of two police officers who were suspended without pay after shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground during a protest.

A police union representative told WKBW that the officers were following orders given to them by Deputy Police Commissioner Joe Gramaglia to clear the area and do not believe they were in the wrong.

While the members of the emergency response team resigned from their specific roles, they did not resign from the police department altogether and are still employed.

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said in a statement his office "is aware of developments related to the world assignments of certain members of the Buffalo police force."

He added: "At this time, we can confirm that contingency plans are in place to maintain police services and ensure public safety within our community."
AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE PEOPLE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE THESE OFFICERS, SWORN TO PROTECT, GONE. WHAT DAMN GOOD IS IT TO HAVE THE NUMBERS, WHEN THEY DON'T GIVE A RATS FUCK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THEY'RE PAID TO PROTECT? WHY HAVE THE KLAN ON PAYROLL WHEN ALL THEY GONNA DO IS HURT YOU? THE PEOPLE HAVE TWO CHOICES, LET THE CRIMINALS KILL YOU OR THE COPS? THE CRIMINALS YOU CAN SHOOT TO PROTECT YOURSELF, THE CRIMINALS YOU CAN FIND, HUNT DOWN AND GET BACK AT THEY ASS...COPS, YOU CAN'T DO A DAMN THING TO BUT TAKE THEY SHIT....SO WHO WINS? I SAY GOOD RIDDENCE AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU

Implied by your words.....................BAN THEM from being hired...........LOL
Ah, so you just assumed.

You know what they say about assuming, right?

So was it necessary to give the man a brain bleed?

Our police need to wise up

Yes, we get it, you risk your lives
But that doesn’t excuse abusive behavior when you are in control and not facing a threat.

A handcuffed man with four cops around him doesn’t need to have a knee blocking his breathing for nine minutes.

A 75 year old man standing by himself, does not need to be shoved to the ground.

Police cannot do their jobs without the goodwill of the public. When the public does not trust the police in their midst, the police become the enemy.

Forum List

Back