51 people in S.Korea tests positive for COVID-19 after recovering

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
06 April 2020 ,The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said the people from Daegu and the surrounding North Gyeongsang province, the epicentres of the pandemic in South Korea, tested positive for the virus after they were released from quarantine, rports Yonhap News Agency.

KCDC Director-General Jeong Eun-kyeong said the virus was highly likely to have been reactivated, instead of the people being reinfected, as they tested positive again in a relatively short time after being released from quarantine.

06 April 2020 ,The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said the people from Daegu and the surrounding North Gyeongsang province, the epicentres of the pandemic in South Korea, tested positive for the virus after they were released from quarantine, rports Yonhap News Agency.

KCDC Director-General Jeong Eun-kyeong said the virus was highly likely to have been reactivated, instead of the people being reinfected, as they tested positive again in a relatively short time after being released from quarantine.

Of course they'll test positive. Doesn't the test test for anti-bodies? If you're A symptomatic this is what you test for, right?

Last edited:

Of course they'll test positive. Doesn't the test test for anti-bodies?
Active virus is different from antibodies. And yes, they can be seen in the blood.

News like that, we say we are all doomed because the authorities fear that the virus remains in certain cells, awaiting reactivation. :omg:

News like that, we say we are all doomed because the authorities fear that the virus remains in certain cells, awaiting reactivation. :omg:
People with weak immunity can harbor the virus in dying tissues. This is not an uncommon thing in viral infections. I would like to know the persons background info such as cancer or other problems. Not finishing anti viral drugs or being reinfected before immunity appears (6-7 week window) can be a real problem.

This is how a second wave begins and then affects the populace again.

Of course they'll test positive. Doesn't the test test for anti-bodies? If you're A symptomatic this is what you test for, right?
You cannot be a symptomatic if you have already had the virus all depends of the symptoms the gravity when the virus is declared , it does not say so in the link

People with weak immunity can harbor the virus in dying tissues. This is not an uncommon thing in viral infections. I would like to know the persons background info such as cancer or other problems. Not finishing anti viral drugs or being reinfected before immunity appears (6-7 week window) can be a real problem.

It seems almost impossible to cure from this virus completely and there are after-effects and to be infected a second time I believe that there was also a woman in China at the beginning who also had the same experience

Makes one wonder why the released them from quarantine then.

It seems almost impossible to cure from this virus completely and there are after-effects and to be infected a second time I believe that there was also a woman in China at the beginning who also had the same experience
I've had pneumonia 3 times from the flu. It just makes it easier to have it again. They said it caused my lungs to look like I had the early signs of COPD.

There will be many like these people.

Its how we respond to them that will make the difference. Sadly each of us react differently to each virus so total eradication is not possible.

The virus would have a 14 day incubation, but it may take longer and in South Korea had quarantine for a long time and would the stopping of the quarantine be too early ? here the authorities speak a lot of when the quarantine will be over if it is too early the virus will circulate again. it's a second wave guaranteed.

I've had pneumonia 3 times from the flu. It just makes it easier to have it again. They said it caused my lungs to look like I had the early signs of COPD.
Sorry for you, my sister already had problems with her lungs when she was born every winter or almost she has pneumonia

The virus would have a 14 day incubation, but it may take longer and in South Korea had quarantine for a long time and would the stopping of the quarantine be too early ? here the authorities speak a lot of when the quarantine will be over if it is too early the virus will circulate again. it's a second wave guaranteed.
THE INCUBATION PERIOD is 3-18 days. individual dependent. If they did not do two tests at least a day apart then we really dont know if they were negative.

Forum List

Back