gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
I remember that day. Very sad.
Chuck Hughes
Chuck Hughes

Chuck Hughes

1635114136327.jpeg

Football Thursday: Legacy of Chuck Hughes goes deeper than being only NFL player to die on field during a game
Chuck Hughes’ death 50 years ago is NFL tragedy we pray to never see again5
1635114761835.gif

The great Dick Butkus knew Hughes was in big trouble.
1635115922349.jpeg

I remember watching the Bears and Lions that day. He died of a heart attack. I remember the game vividly because it was in the waning moments of the game and I believe Detroit was out of timeouts, so I thought Chuck Hughes went down just to stop the clock. But when Butkus frantically waved for the Detroit trainers it was apparent that something bad was happening.

I remember watching the Bears and Lions that day. He died of a heart attack. I remember the game vividly because it was in the waning moments of the game and I believe Detroit was out of timeouts, so I thought Chuck Hughes went down just to stop the clock. But when Butkus frantically waved for the Detroit trainers it was apparent that something bad was happening.
It was said Hughes had arteries of an old man. Must have been some kind of weird hereditary disease.

I was listening to the game on the radio in Detroit. In those days they didn’t televise the game locally.

It was said Hughes had arteries of an old man. Must have been some kind of weird hereditary disease.

I was listening to the game on the radio in Detroit. In those days they didn’t televise the game locally.
I was watching the game in Chicago. My roommate in college was from Gross Point Farms and was at the game.

Forum List

Back