50,000 Bucs Fans Rumored To Storm Gates at Super Bowl LV

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Yes, at this point it is just a rumor, however I grant a bit more credence to this than some things, because I heard it from various people (in a WalMart) who were just shoppers who don't even know each other. The notion is that Tampa fans are incensed that most of the 22,000 people going to the game will be Hollywood actors, and other millionaires, buying multi-thousand $$ tickets, who don't even care who wins, while the local fans who have been supporting the team for years, will be left out.

So, for the only Super Bowl in US history where the game is in the home city of one of the participant teams, will there be the largest tailgate party ever, with 50,000 revved-up fans outside the stadium ? Maybe. I do know one thing that is FACT, not rumor, and that is that yes, the fans here are very revved up, since the win over the Green Bay Packers, yesterday. Regarding the first Super Bowl for Tampa Bay, in 18 years, cars here were honking their horns, people were celebrating and chanting "Go Bucs", and even shooting off fireworks.

Also, the restriction to 22,000 people might be a bit harsh. Florida has permitted stadiums to operate at full capacity as of October, but none of the state's three NFL teams went for that. 3 Tampa Bay mayors (Tampa, St, Petersburg, and Clearwater) have a meeting scheduled for 11:30 AM to discuss the whole situation.

Supply. Demand. I thought fellow Americans were free market capitalists? Maybe not.

As with Cajuna Virus vaccine shots, the only fair way to distribute them is by employing free market capitalistic principles. Raise the price until the number of prospective purchasers shrinks to the number of available tickets. If it's $10k per seat, so be it.

What could be more fair than that? An impecunious Bucs fan can gather with his comrades, pool the money to rent a huge television and watch it together in his back yard, practicing appropriate social distancing, of course. But the TEAM and the LEAGUE are entitled to maximize their revenue, are they not?

In a free economy, when someone has something of value to sell, they are entitled to get as much as they can for it, without coercing prospective buyers. It's not like they are rationing brain surgery to only the very wealthy, this is a fucking GAME, for Christ sake, available for free on television for anyone who cares to watch it.

Yes, at this point it is just a rumor, however I grant a bit more credence to this than some things, because I heard it from various people (in a WalMart) who were just shoppers who don't even know each other. The notion is that Tampa fans are incensed that most of the 22,000 people going to the game will be Hollywood actors, and other millionaires, buying multi-thousand $$ tickets, who don't even care who wins, while the local fans who have been supporting the team for years, will be left out.

So, for the only Super Bowl in US history where the game is in the home city of one of the participant teams, will there be the largest tailgate party ever, with 50,000 revved-up fans outside the stadium ? Maybe. I do know one thing that is FACT, not rumor, and that is that yes, the fans here are very revved up, since the win over the Green Bay Packers, yesterday. Regarding the first Super Bowl for Tampa Bay, in 18 years, cars here were honking their horns, people were celebrating and chanting "Go Bucs", and even shooting off fireworks.

Also, the restriction to 22,000 people might be a bit harsh. Florida has permitted stadiums to operate at full capacity as of October, but none of the state's three NFL teams went for that. 3 Tampa Bay mayors (Tampa, St, Petersburg, and Clearwater) have a meeting scheduled for 11:30 AM to discuss the whole situation.
You would think fans would storm ESPN over their app not working in the Tyler McGregor fight

Funny that you are paying so much attention to the Buccaneers.

Odd that the Super Bowl means anything to you.

Just 6 months ago you were posting:
"I have been a staunch Tampa Bay Bucs fan since 1976. I have attended Bucs games over 400 Bucs games, and spent hundreds of $$$ on Bucs paraphenalia. I am quitting being a Bucs fan, I will have nothing to do with the Bucs or the NFL. I am sending to you all my Bucs clothing and items.
Your so-called social justice policies and those of the NFL are preposterous."

"When the NFL gets out of the process of injecting politics (and lousy politics at that), I will come back."

"Right. No more TV or anything to do with it.
If you have any NFL stuff (shirts, hats, beverage cups, etc), pack them in a box and send them to your local team, along with a letter similar to what I wrote here. You can copy it word for word if you like (except for the team name)."

Suddenly you care about the NFL again, "veteran"?
If make one more crack about me being a veteran (which I am twice), I will file a lawsuit against you, and then, if you like, you can file a countersuit against me for calling you the filthy SLUT, that you apparently are.

That being said, no, I cared about the NFL when the Bucs started playing some really good ball (7 straight wins) and haven't lost a game since November, when they lost to the Chiefs 27-24.

As for the NFL's ludicrous social justice policies, they don't know their ass from their elbow about social justice or social injustice in America. Nothing would please me more than seeing 50,000 Bucs fans storm the gates, and watch the game in defiance of the airhead NFL.

As with Cajuna Virus vaccine shots, the only fair way to distribute them is by employing free market capitalistic principles. Raise the price until the number of prospective purchasers shrinks to the number of available tickets. If it's $10k per seat, so be it.

What could be more fair than that? An impecunious Bucs fan can gather with his comrades, pool the money to rent a huge television and watch it together in his back yard, practicing appropriate social distancing, of course. But the TEAM and the LEAGUE are entitled to maximize their revenue, are they not?

In a free economy, when someone has something of value to sell, they are entitled to get as much as they can for it, without coercing prospective buyers. It's not like they are rationing brain surgery to only the very wealthy, this is a fucking GAME, for Christ sake, available for free on television for anyone who cares to watch it.
They are NOT maximizing their revenue. If they were they would be selling 75,000 tickets, instead of less than 1/3 that many.

Oh, but aren't we in the Biden Democrat age now, where things are supposed to be equal, and everybody getting a fair/equal chance > Hey Joe! What do you say,? (or mumble/stutter)

Suddenly you care about the NFL again, "veteran"?
If make one more crack about me being a veteran (which I am twice), I will file a lawsuit against you, and then, if you like, you can file a countersuit against me for calling you the filthy SLUT, that you apparently are.

That being said, no, I cared about the NFL when the Bucs started playing some really good ball (7 straight wins) and haven't lost a game since November, when they lost to the Chiefs 27-24.

As for the NFL's ludicrous social justice policies, they don't know their ass from their elbow about social justice or social injustice in America. Nothing would please me more than seeing 50,000 Bucs fans storm the gates, and watch the game in defiance of the airhead NFL.
Can you really sue someone for calling you a veteran?

Odd that the Super Bowl means anything to you.

Just 6 months ago you were posting:
"I have been a staunch Tampa Bay Bucs fan since 1976. I have attended Bucs games over 400 Bucs games, and spent hundreds of $$$ on Bucs paraphenalia. I am quitting being a Bucs fan, I will have nothing to do with the Bucs or the NFL. I am sending to you all my Bucs clothing and items.
Your so-called social justice policies and those of the NFL are preposterous."

"When the NFL gets out of the process of injecting politics (and lousy politics at that), I will come back."

"Right. No more TV or anything to do with it.
If you have any NFL stuff (shirts, hats, beverage cups, etc), pack them in a box and send them to your local team, along with a letter similar to what I wrote here. You can copy it word for word if you like (except for the team name)."
Am I allowed to change my mind ? Just for a month ? And just because I respect the accomplishments of the Bucs players and coaches, doesn't mean I no longer despise jellyfish Roger Goodell and the goofball NFL.

"Odd" that my posts "means anything to you."

Forum List

Back