5 Minutes In

Five minutes in to whatever this new update was to the Xenforo software and I can already announce it sucks! Very hard/impossible just to edit test in replying to people!
I'm trying it now and it was ok. That is if you meant edit TEXT.

Five minutes in to whatever this new update was to the Xenforo software and I can already announce it sucks! Very hard/impossible just to edit test in replying to people!
I just tried it and have determined your problem to be operator error.

Better try again.

You now have text which is hard to highlight and those that posted it which is impossible to edit.

So if 100 people are in a thread and you want to reply to one of them, you are now FORCED to reply to all 100. Probably not even the one who actually wrote the string you are trying to reply to!

Last edited:
Better try again.
I can edit the text in my replies just like always. If I try 3 times will the problem show up?

Pick a thread with multiple people and try to edit it to just one comment from one person. You can't. It ends up like this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 3.08.52 PM.png

With ALL the people still attached whether you want them or not with the string attached to the last person to write whether they are the author of the comment you are replying to or not!

Better try again.
I can edit the text in my replies just like always. If I try 3 times will the problem show up?

Pick a thread with multiple people and try to edit it to just one comment from one person. You can't. It ends up like this:

View attachment 486685
With ALL the people still attached whether you want them or not with the string attached to the last person to write whether they are the author of the comment you are replying to or not!
I just always highlight the text that I want to reply to. A box will pop up with two buttons: "Quote" and "Reply". Click on reply, and your reply box will open with only that text quoted.

Better try again.

View attachment 486685
I just always highlight the text that I want to reply to. A box will pop up with two buttons: "Quote" and "Reply". Click on reply, and your reply box will open with only that text quoted.

I'm obviously wasting my time talking to you.

I just always highlight the text that I want to reply to. A box will pop up with two buttons: "Quote" and "Reply". Click on reply, and your reply box w

? testing testing

Five minutes in to whatever this new update was to the Xenforo software and I can already announce it sucks! Very hard/impossible just to edit text in replying to people!

Hmm ...

I am editing.

Editing and

Editing.

I don't see any changes.

Just highlight the text from the person's post. Don't "click to expand" and go in there. It's way harder in there.

Five minutes in to whatever this new update was to the Xenforo software and I can already announce it sucks! Very hard/impossible just to edit text in replying to people!
Ah...that doesn't sound promising. I had 3/4ths of a lengthy sourced post and wham! Most of it erased during that poorly timed update. I have the worst timing confirmed yet again! lol

Ah...that doesn't sound promising. I had 3/4ths of a lengthy sourced post and wham! Most of it erased during that poorly timed update. I have the worst timing confirmed yet again! lol
You also have a legitimate complaint, unlike that other poster.

New Topics

Forum List

Back