5 essential SHTF tools if you have to pass through urban areas

If at some time the proverbial crap does hit the fan and you have to bug out, there are five things you should have in your car if you're planning on passing through urban areas. Aside from the usual weapons, ammunition, food, personal water filtration device, a medical trauma kit, a flashlight, cash money, and handheld communications gear, you might want to consider these items:

1. A siphon pump. Handy for siphoning gas out of all those cars littering the streets. Those car-owners won't mind, they're all dead anyway.

View attachment 445362

2. A 4-way stem key. Ever try to find a water spigot in the city that actually has a handle on it? Most outside water hydrants on buildings don't have them any more. Go to your local hardware store, get one of these for about $4, and you'll never run out of water. It has four different sized keys on it that are guaranteed to open any outdoor faucet, if water pressure still exists.

View attachment 445363

3. A pair of compact bolt cutters, like HK Porter, Tekton, Klein, etc.

View attachment 445364

4. A compact pinch bar or pry bar.

View attachment 445365

5. A small folding saw. These things can go through sheetrock like a knife through butter.

View attachment 445366

If anyone else has any ideas about essential SHTF tools for urban areas, please feel free to include them.
I have been in the hoods millions of times on biz.

Rules for the white man in da hood.

1- Always wear a dark gray suit and sunglasses if applicable, look like you're very serious. Never show doubt or fear...NEVER!!!!! That repels half.

2- Always do business in da hood form 7am to noon. Noon is 5am in Black Time. That repels the 2nd half.

3 Never show fear looking at the messes you constantly encounter.

4- Always coast to red lights. NEVER. I MEAN NEVER stop fully at a light.

5- Never stop at the same time at a stop sign. Coast and let them through.

6- Never wear black face.

I am actually writing a book, " Essential rules and strategies for the white man survivin in da hood".

Great advice!

I would add "Never let yourself get boxed in at an intersection, stop sign, or light. If a vehicle stops in front of you, leave yourself plenty of room to gun it and go around."

You seem very nervous. Are you driving around Sao Paulo or Bogota?

Scoff if you want to, it's no skin off my ass. I plan on being one of the master race of survivors during the apocalypse. I will re-populate the country with my genes and take part in the rebuilding of it.

You scoffers, non-believers, and other idiots who never took the time to prepare yourselves, will all be statistics.

You're posting from inside a 'fort' made of the sofa cushions, aren't you?

No, Mr. idiot apartment-dweller in some big city and potential statistic. I'm posting this from my three bedroom two bath two car garage on 100 acres, 60 miles either way from a large city.

Do tha cities make ya skeeered? Got enough Spam in your bunker?

Given a catastrophic event such as a high altitude Chinese EMP air-burst over the country, Russian hackers taking out your power grid, or a simple Islamic act of terrorism, I'd guess that you folks in the city would have between 3-4 weeks to live.

Sure, you can go weeks without food. But what's going to happen when you no longer have any water? Maybe you'll find a puddle somewhere in a ditch, but how long will it be before you come down with dysentery, or parasites start eating your guts from the inside out?

And then there's the roving gangs of hungry, thirsty people who would spring up all around you. Do you really think they'd give a crap about your life? Not hardly. They'd just take whatever they want from you, and leave you in a ditch with a bullet behind your ear.

Seriously. Decaf.

Stop. Think to yourself..."What if he's right?"

You're probably so used to having the luxury of a police department, that you sleep relatively soundly at nights. Suppose that police department didn't exist? What if because of some major cataclysmic event, they were no longer there to "protect and defend" you?

What if instead of remaining on duty, those law-enforcement officers opted to stay home and protect their own families from the wandering gangs of hungry and thirsty looters, thieves, and marauders that would invariable result from the breakdown of society?

So what would you do? Tell that that you're "Joe Cool", sing a round or two of "Kumbaya" with them, and give them a can of pork and beans to satiate their two-week hunger, hoping they'll go about their way?

A more sensible thing would be to shoot them in the face. But then, you probably don't even own a firearm, do you?

I would organize the mutants who live in the sewers to form an Army of the Night to defend the city against the forces of anarchy! I would teach the mutants to use their horrible disfigurements as weapons against the ravening hordes. After the two sides had fought to a standstill, I would meet the leader of the anarchists inside a huge bamboo dome in a Battle to the death while suspended from bungee cords and wielding weapons made from rusty old auto parts. I mean, of course.
If at some time the proverbial crap does hit the fan and you have to bug out, there are five things you should have in your car if you're planning on passing through urban areas. Aside from the usual weapons, ammunition, food, personal water filtration device, a medical trauma kit, a flashlight, cash money, and handheld communications gear, you might want to consider these items:

1. A siphon pump. Handy for siphoning gas out of all those cars littering the streets. Those car-owners won't mind, they're all dead anyway.

View attachment 445362

2. A 4-way stem key. Ever try to find a water spigot in the city that actually has a handle on it? Most outside water hydrants on buildings don't have them any more. Go to your local hardware store, get one of these for about $4, and you'll never run out of water. It has four different sized keys on it that are guaranteed to open any outdoor faucet, if water pressure still exists.

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

5. A small folding saw. These things can go through sheetrock like a knife through butter.

View attachment 445366

If anyone else has any ideas about essential SHTF tools for urban areas, please feel free to include them.

1- Always wear a dark gray suit and sunglasses if applicable, look like you're very serious. Never show doubt or fear...NEVER!!!!! That repels half.

2- Always do business in da hood form 7am to noon. Noon is 5am in Black Time. That repels the 2nd half.

I am actually writing a book, " Essential rules and strategies for the white man survivin in da hood".

How about "don't be a ridiculous coward living your life in fear"?
Nothing to fear, not in Joe Biden's America....

You really need a video to prove that crime exists?

That guy was just minding his business when the black dude decided to put some whoop ass on him. Did the victim need to be fearful for his life?

That's why it's called "crime." I notice the young man didn't even try to defend himself.

You mean the 55 year old man?

I didn’t see the attacker pull a knife or a gun. Are you saying a 55-year-old man can’t even try to defend himself? At what age does it become OK to just curl up in a ball like a baby and hope it goes away?

I'm 55....
I've had five hip surgeries,back surgery and cancer surgery in the last five years and still have to walk with a cane at this point.
I'm scheduled for another hip surgery in six months.....you sure presume to know a lot about people you dont know.
Had I been that 55 year old man I would have pulled my pistol and emptied my 15 round magazine into his chest....happy days eh?

Punkatore needs a few rounds to the chest to wake him up to life's realities.

Reality? How many "rounds to the chest" have you put into anyone in the past ten years?

None thankfully.

So you don't know what you would do.

I know exactly what I'd do if you put My Wife or Myself in harms way.
Surely you've heard of self preservation.....all animals have it.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

I would add "Never let yourself get boxed in at an intersection, stop sign, or light. If a vehicle stops in front of you, leave yourself plenty of room to gun it and go around."

Scoff if you want to, it's no skin off my ass. I plan on being one of the master race of survivors during the apocalypse. I will re-populate the country with my genes and take part in the rebuilding of it.

You scoffers, non-believers, and other idiots who never took the time to prepare yourselves, will all be statistics.

No, Mr. idiot apartment-dweller in some big city and potential statistic. I'm posting this from my three bedroom two bath two car garage on 100 acres, 60 miles either way from a large city.

Given a catastrophic event such as a high altitude Chinese EMP air-burst over the country, Russian hackers taking out your power grid, or a simple Islamic act of terrorism, I'd guess that you folks in the city would have between 3-4 weeks to live.

Sure, you can go weeks without food. But what's going to happen when you no longer have any water? Maybe you'll find a puddle somewhere in a ditch, but how long will it be before you come down with dysentery, or parasites start eating your guts from the inside out?

And then there's the roving gangs of hungry, thirsty people who would spring up all around you. Do you really think they'd give a crap about your life? Not hardly. They'd just take whatever they want from you, and leave you in a ditch with a bullet behind your ear.

Seriously. Decaf.

You're probably so used to having the luxury of a police department, that you sleep relatively soundly at nights. Suppose that police department didn't exist? What if because of some major cataclysmic event, they were no longer there to "protect and defend" you?

What if instead of remaining on duty, those law-enforcement officers opted to stay home and protect their own families from the wandering gangs of hungry and thirsty looters, thieves, and marauders that would invariable result from the breakdown of society?

So what would you do? Tell that that you're "Joe Cool", sing a round or two of "Kumbaya" with them, and give them a can of pork and beans to satiate their two-week hunger, hoping they'll go about their way?

A more sensible thing would be to shoot them in the face. But then, you probably don't even own a firearm, do you?

I would organize the mutants who live in the sewers to form an Army of the Night to defend the city against the forces of anarchy! I would teach the mutants to use their horrible disfigurements as weapons against the ravening hordes. After the two sides had fought to a standstill, I would meet the leader of the anarchists inside a huge bamboo dome in a Battle to the death while suspended from bungee cords and wielding weapons made from rusty old auto parts. I mean, of course.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

That guy was just minding his business when the black dude decided to put some whoop ass on him. Did the victim need to be fearful for his life?

That's why it's called "crime." I notice the young man didn't even try to defend himself.

I didn’t see the attacker pull a knife or a gun. Are you saying a 55-year-old man can’t even try to defend himself? At what age does it become OK to just curl up in a ball like a baby and hope it goes away?

I'm 55....
I've had five hip surgeries,back surgery and cancer surgery in the last five years and still have to walk with a cane at this point.
I'm scheduled for another hip surgery in six months.....you sure presume to know a lot about people you dont know.
Had I been that 55 year old man I would have pulled my pistol and emptied my 15 round magazine into his chest....happy days eh?

Reality? How many "rounds to the chest" have you put into anyone in the past ten years?

None thankfully.

So you don't know what you would do.

I know exactly what I'd do if you put My Wife or Myself in harms way.
Surely you've heard of self preservation.....all animals have it.

You mouthed off about "put 15 rounds into him." Have you ever?

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.
I dont want to kill anyone.....even though you'd like to assume I'm some kind of gun nut killer.

I didn’t say that.

You do seem physically insecure though.

Hardly.
I fear no one....even though I'm walking with a cane till further notice and another surgery.
So how many .45 rounds can you absorb?

See? Physically insecure. You can't even talk tough without referring to your substitute penis. If you're physically frail that's not necessarily your fault, but give the mucho macho bullshit a rest.

Are you stupid?
Until I heal up my go to is going to be my firearm because I really dont have much choice at this point.
Hell,even when I heal up there's a good chance I'll still pull my firearm.
Because I know one thing will be certain...I wouldnt start the shit.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.
I dont want to kill anyone.....even though you'd like to assume I'm some kind of gun nut killer.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.
I fear no one....even though I'm walking with a cane till further notice and another surgery.

See? Physically insecure. You can't even talk tough without referring to your substitute penis. If you're physically frail that's not necessarily your fault, but give the mucho macho bullshit a rest.

Are you stupid?
Until I heal up my go to is going to be my firearm because I really dont have much choice at this point.

Leave the gun at home and walk down the street. How do you feel? Can you do it?

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.

Are you stupid?

Holy fuck!!! How many times do you have to be told!!!?
I dont walk anywhere right now!!!!
And when I heal up yes I'll walk down the street unarmed,I do it all the time since I live in a safe area.
Now if I'm going to a sketchy part of town you bet I'm going to be carrying.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.

Are you stupid?

And when I heal up yes I'll walk down the street unarmed,I do it all the time since I live in a safe area.

I never carried in da hood. Lol. I only have old shotguns. Never seen a gun in da hood either.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.

Are you stupid?

I never carried in da hood. Lol. I only have old shotguns. Never seen a gun in da hood either.

I didnt either.
Right up until an attempted home invasion for which I thankfully had my Wifes 870 shorty leaning by the door.
After that the old"Yes it can happen to you"really sunk in.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

But you will acknowledge there are plenty of places in America that white people are better off to avoid, right?

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.

Are you stupid?

I didnt either.
Right up until an attempted home invasion for which I thankfully had my Wifes 870 shorty leaning by the door.

Gawwwwd. I figgered since I never carried one in da hood in 30 yrs and never saw one, I'd stick to this route. The day I carry is the day I'd be shot to death...lol

But I have Ole Betsy, my pappies 12 ga double barrell with magnum shells at home. Plus a 3 pump 20 ga. And a 4-10 for the wife. Lol...all inherited.

Last edited:

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

But you will acknowledge there are plenty of places in America that white people are better off to avoid, right?

No.

Tell that to Reginald Denny.

His only offense before being almost beaten to death and permanently disabled was being white, and he didn't get the shit kicked out of him in a white neighborhood.

How does being prepared for something bad make someone a "ridiculous coward living in fear? Reginald Denny would be whole today if he had been in fear. But he wasn't. He stopped his truck because, in his mind, he'd done nothing wrong, so there's no reason anyone would want to attack him.

Of course, the monkeys living in South Central saw it another way, and Denny paid a horrific price.

Better to be prepared, and better to take out a couple of the IP's, then end up a victim...

You tell him. Let me know what he says.

Right.

I should've known you'd run away from the discussion.

My comment, of course, being entirely rhetorical, is also 100% factual. Reginald Denny didn't live in fear (which you seem to think is the way to go) and he was almost beaten to death as a result.

There's a difference between "living in fear" and "being prepared. While the former may not be necessary, it would be stupid to ignore the latter...

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.

Are you stupid?

I didnt either.

When does "move somewhere else" sink in?

You tell him. Let me know what he says.

Right.

I should've known you'd run away from the discussion.

My comment, of course, being entirely rhetorical, is also 100% factual. ...

And 1000% anecdotal. You could not have chosen a more specific, isolated example if you tried. That incident, at that time and place, under those specific circumstances can hardly be held up as an example of some universal truth.

You know, you kind of sound like one of those people who scream "all police are evil!" every time they hear about some isolated incident of a police-involved shooting. Are you one of those people?

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

Great advice!

Seriously. Decaf.

View attachment 445362

View attachment 445363

View attachment 445364

View attachment 445365

View attachment 445366

I'm 55....

None thankfully.

I didn’t say that.

Hardly.

Are you stupid?

I didnt either.

When does "move somewhere else" sink in?

Where do you get the idea I still live there?
What part of "I told you I live in a safe area" not sink in?
We bought that house over 25 years ago when we first got married. It was a nice quiet neighborhood until the beaners invaded.
We now live in a gated neighborhood on the sixth fairway and we have damn near zero crime,and it's safe to say even if five beaner families pooled their money they couldnt afford to live here.
Which is what happened in the old neighborhood when the original buyers moved out and rented their old houses.
6AF574DA-6F96-40F8-9CB0-6AB2A489E714.jpeg
1CD5727E-6D7B-456E-B572-278FF24F5635.jpeg

Forum List

Back