48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

Never said they did... but I DID say that the Tea Party (a) began as a good idea and (b) was hijacked later by extremists.

Which means you are saying the TP turned violent. When? And yes, that's exactly what you said:

The Tea Party started out as a good idea but was quickly hijacked by roughians and hooligans and unthinking and violent folk of the same color and their allies...
Oh, fer Crissakes... to clarify... no... the Tea Party did NOT "act-out" in an organized and violent way while operating under the banner of the Tea Party.

It was merely hijacked by rednecks and trailer trash and other unthinking and violent types who diluted and polluted and trashed what started-out as a good idea.

The point being...

The Tea Party lost its way, and its original purpose... as did BLM, which also lost its way; starting off as a good idea, but quickly attracting the wrong sort.

The purpose of the comparison wasn't to compare violence-to-violence...

The purpose of the comparison was to label each as a well-intentioned movement that ended-up losing its way after quickly attracting far too much riff-raff...

The comparison was never intended - nor worded - to say that each lost its way in an identical fashion, with respect to acts, severity or frequency...

All better now?

Sheeeesh...

This thread is a bunch of sour grapes from people who see the Republican Party crumbling. The Democratic Party is about as centered as it has ever been. The last two candidates of Hillary and Biden are centered. However the Democratic Party will never be the Republican-lite party you fuckers want. Republican policy sucks. It wastes money on military drives inequity and supports systemic oppression. It’s a failure. The economy suffers under republicans because its instant gratification leadership. A bunch of 5 year olds.

Biden will lead this country back to prosperity. Then you’ll fuck it up for us again with the next bozo conservative.

Never said they did... but I DID say that the Tea Party (a) began as a good idea and (b) was hijacked later by extremists.

Which means you are saying the TP turned violent. When? And yes, that's exactly what you said:

The Tea Party started out as a good idea but was quickly hijacked by roughians and hooligans and unthinking and violent folk of the same color and their allies...
Oh, fer Crissakes... to clarify... no... the Tea Party did NOT "act-out" in an organized and violent way while operating under the banner of the Tea Party.

It was merely hijacked by rednecks and trailer trash and other unthinking and violent types who diluted and polluted and trashed what started-out as a good idea.

The point being...

The Tea Party lost its way, and its original purpose... as did BLM, which also lost its way; starting off as a good idea, but quickly attracting the wrong sort.

The purpose of the comparison wasn't to compare violence-to-violence...

The purpose of the comparison was to label each as a well-intentioned movement that ended-up losing its way after quickly attracting far too much riff-raff...

The comparison was never intended - nor worded - to say that each lost its way in an identical fashion, with respect to acts, severity or frequency...

All better now?

Sheeeesh...

You are delusional. The Tea Party never converted to anything. They appeared for a few years and exited as quietly as they came in. These other groups are new, and developed in response to the years of violence from BLM and Anitfa.

Right, so they put a lot more into fact checking me. But you keep arguing they don't simply ASK Obama about his background or other authors, who are named things like John Jones. For as you said books that may sell a few thousand copies.

So answer the question. In 1990 you have a list of names. You ask for a list of what they did you can verify (jobs, papers, birth place) etc. Your employer says no, that's your job. So how do you go about it? How do you figure those things out without simply ASKING them as anyone who isn't a moron would do?

Again, it would depend how important it was... and this wasn't very important. Guy had a funny sounding name, he must be from Kenya.... Done. On to the next 50 things on my desk.

The fact this company subcontracted research tells me they didn't take it very seriously, either.

Okay, so let's look at that. The way to get out of poverty is to get a job. Hey, I help people get jobs for a living. So you know, it's a lot easier to get a job if you can afford a nice suit. It's easier to get one if you have enough money to get dental work done.

Check your privilege... you had all the advantages of being white and you still ended up on welfare.

You don't need a suit to get a job at McDonald's. And in fact, if you work at McDonald's full time for a month, you can afford dental insurance and a suit. What a lame attempt to justify failure.

In any case, I gave you a list of things to prevent poverty, not just getting a job. It's like my father taught me many years ago. Making money is easy; an idiot can make money, but knowing what to do with that money is the difference between success and failure. Books have been written about lottery winners who's luck ended up being the worst thing that happened in their lives.

I'm not on welfare, I'm on disability through no fault of my own, and I pray you get there soon.

Okay, let's look at that one. You know that a wedding is really fucking expensive, right. (And 50% of them still end up in divorce, but you guys never whine about that.). There are baby daddies who are fully committed, but there are white divorcees who run off and are never seen again.

But I'd be happy to change our social welfare system to stop penalizing marriage. I don't think you would be too keen on it.

I don't care one way or another. Not married, never have been, and never will be. I planned it that way.

Single-parent households are linked to poverty. Yes, it effects the white community, but not nearly at the rate it does the black community. If you're going to have more single-parent households, then you're going to have more poverty in those areas and that group of people. It's that simple. Slavery or oppression has nothing to do with that.

According to USA today, raising a child costs $233,000 per child, and that's not including advanced education. How does a working stiff not be poor when they have several children they could never afford in the first place?

Bottom line is outside of those with mental or physical disabilities to work, most poverty is self-inflicted. It has nothing to do with skin color.

Wow, that line is telling. When they get a government check, they are lazy and on welfare. When you get a government check, it's "deserved" and "entitlted". When they wait for lottery tickets (Or as I like to call it, "A tax on people who are bad at math") you hate them for being there the same time you are.

I said I can't stand getting behind them. Unlike you, I hate very few people. I'm at the lottery machine for ten seconds compared to the five minutes they stand there watching those tickets pop out like a toaster. And I said noting about welfare. I used that as an example of how people waste their money instead of paying bills or getting ahead in life. Again, it goes back to what my father said.

Doesn't that shit crack you up where you don't want welfare and don't want handouts, so dim bulb Joe is like, Oh, you don't have a job, you must be poor, you don't want anything from the government.

He really isn't very smart

Yeah, well I lost my job and career at 59 1/2 thanks to a bunch of bureaucrats in government. It's been an ongoing battle for a couple of years now, and at this age (now 60) there is not much else I could do but go on disability. It wasn't really my call. Like what was I supposed to do, go to school to learn a new career, graduate as a 61 or 62 year old rookie and get a job somewhere?

Joe tries to equate me with lowlifes who always had better health than I did, made bad decisions in their lives, and learned how to play the system. But it doesn't bother me since disability comes out of FICA taxes that I've contributed to all of my life. I was going to retire early at 62 anyway. More or less, I just retired a few years earlier than expected. But the best part is it angers Joe so much he can't get it off his mind. He has a terrible case of OCD that he refuses to seek proper psychological attention for. That is his call.

During my working years I invested in rental property which I live on, so between that and disability, I do okay--not great, but not badly either. I'm in the high-risk category for death if I catch this stupid virus, so I'm going to hang low for a while. When things get back to normal, perhaps get a part-time job somewhere, but I'll see how it goes.

Sorry to hear that. But sounds like you assessed your options and made the best choices you could under the circumstances.

Since Joe is whining about his circumstances, he's hardly in the position to point fingers. Yet he does anyway. That's Joe

Yeah, well I lost my job and career at 59 1/2 thanks to a bunch of bureaucrats in government. It's been an ongoing battle for a couple of years now, and at this age (now 60) there is not much else I could do but go on disability. It wasn't really my call. Like what was I supposed to do, go to school to learn a new career, graduate as a 61 or 62 year old rookie and get a job somewhere?

Um, yeah... you've had a couple of years to train for a secondary career.... That's the point. It wasn't like, "Wow, that was totally unexpected and I couldn't have possibly seen that coming!!!"

"Welfare for me but not for thee".

Joe tries to equate me with lowlifes who always had better health than I did, made bad decisions in their lives, and learned how to play the system. But it doesn't bother me since disability comes out of FICA taxes that I've contributed to all of my life.

Most people pay into taxes for Section 8, etc. You made a bad decision to go into a profession that required a certain level of physical ability that you could not maintain. (Hard to tell if that is valid, because some posts, you talk like you are on death's fucking door, and others you claim that some mean old Bureaucrat doesn't let you work.)

Of course it doesn't bother you. You're WHITE. You're ENTITLED.

Sorry to hear that. But sounds like you assessed your options and made the best choices you could under the circumstances.

Since Joe is whining about his circumstances, he's hardly in the position to point fingers. Yet he does anyway. That's Joe

Here's the difference. I've never let my 'circumstances' make me give up. Yes, got fucked by Cigna and my employer, but I got another job after that. Then I started a business of my own. I don't do what Ray has done.

I don't just "give up" and then criticize people who never had much of a chance in this racist society to start with.

Um, yeah... you've had a couple of years to train for a secondary career.... That's the point. It wasn't like, "Wow, that was totally unexpected and I couldn't have possibly seen that coming!!!"

"Welfare for me but not for thee".

Train for another career in what? I did my job just fine, and I would bet you 10K that I have a better driving record working all day on the road than you do just driving to your Starbucks every day. I can still safely do that job today if they'd let me. WTF trains for another career when they have one they are doing well at already?

No, I didn't predict that these un-constitutional bureaucrats could get so powerful and so overbearing that it would one day cost me my career. All bureaucracies should be dismantled and bureaucrats removed from the country, put behind bars or shot. They are the people our founders feared one day could takeover the country, and they did. Read our Constitution. Our founders gave Congress the authority to create laws, impose taxes, and write fines, not a bunch of nameless faceless bureaucrats we have no control over.

Most people pay into taxes for Section 8, etc. You made a bad decision to go into a profession that required a certain level of physical ability that you could not maintain. (Hard to tell if that is valid, because some posts, you talk like you are on death's fucking door, and others you claim that some mean old Bureaucrat doesn't let you work.)

Of course it doesn't bother you. You're WHITE. You're ENTITLED.

No you OCD racist, it has nothing to do with my race or feeling entitled. I was forced to contribute to these commie social programs instead of being able to use that money to invest in my own future. And now that I'm forced out of work by our government, it's the very least they could do for putting me in this position.

Here's the difference. I've never let my 'circumstances' make me give up. Yes, got fucked by Cigna and my employer, but I got another job after that. Then I started a business of my own. I don't do what Ray has done.

I don't just "give up" and then criticize people who never had much of a chance in this racist society to start with.

You had no choice but to work for yourself because you could never hold down a job. You went from job to job because you either got fired or you helped run your company into the ground. You always blamed everybody else for your shortcomings instead of yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
No, I didn't predict that these un-constitutional bureaucrats could get so powerful and so overbearing that it would one day cost me my career. All bureaucracies should be dismantled and bureaucrats removed from the country, put behind bars or shot. They are the people our founders feared one day could takeover the country, and they did. Read our Constitution. Our founders gave Congress the authority to create laws, impose taxes, and write fines, not a bunch of nameless faceless bureaucrats we have no control over.

Wow, you have some issues, buddy.

So let me get this straight. You think that bureaucrats should be shot because they are enforcing safety regulations...

But black people who bitch about cops who shoot kids playing with toys or whatever should just suck it up...

The thing was, if there was a regulation that kept you off the road, it's probably because someone who had the same condition caused a fiery crash that took lives.

No you OCD racist, it has nothing to do with my race or feeling entitled. I was forced to contribute to these commie social programs instead of being able to use that money to invest in my own future. And now that I'm forced out of work by our government, it's the very least they could do for putting me in this position.

Again, check your privilege, buddy. If you are entitled, then so are your HUD neighbors. (Did they finally move out, I haven't heard you bitch about them in a while. That was a hate crime waiting to happen.)

You had no choice but to work for yourself because you could never hold down a job. You went from job to job because you either got fired or you helped run your company into the ground. You always blamed everybody else for your shortcomings instead of yourself.

yeah, buddy, here's the thing... I would love to take credit for running some of the bad companies I worked for into the ground, but really that was entirely on management making one bad decision after another and not listening to the employees when we told them it was a bad decision. The thing is, when you play in the big leagues - you know, for companies that actually offer benefits and stuff - you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Right, so they put a lot more into fact checking me. But you keep arguing they don't simply ASK Obama about his background or other authors, who are named things like John Jones. For as you said books that may sell a few thousand copies.

So answer the question. In 1990 you have a list of names. You ask for a list of what they did you can verify (jobs, papers, birth place) etc. Your employer says no, that's your job. So how do you go about it? How do you figure those things out without simply ASKING them as anyone who isn't a moron would do?

Again, it would depend how important it was... and this wasn't very important. Guy had a funny sounding name, he must be from Kenya.... Done. On to the next 50 things on my desk.

The fact this company subcontracted research tells me they didn't take it very seriously, either.

What makes no sense about that is you are reversing the difficulty.

You're arguing that because these authors are a dime a dozen, they would go to the extra work of writing their bios without asking them any questions. They would just pull the bio out of thin air. Think about it, Joe. If it's a no name author, they would be MORE apt to just ask the author and MORE apt to just do as they say.

But more importantly, you're still dodging the question. Suppose you decided by whatever BS standards you didn't want input from the author to write their bio.

HOW WOULD YOU EVEN DO IT?

In 1990 (muchless today), how would you identify where they went to school, what they published, where they were born without asking them?

You have a list of people from Jim Smith to Barack and you're saying you have zero input. It's your job to write the bio. Explain how you would possibly find out what their background was from common household names to unique names in 1990 without ANY information about them from the author

"This racist society," LOL. Ignorance is your calling card

He's also blaming racism when his ass is as lily white as ours

You're arguing that because these authors are a dime a dozen, they would go to the extra work of writing their bios without asking them any questions. They would just pull the bio out of thin air. Think about it, Joe. If it's a no name author, they would be MORE apt to just ask the author and MORE apt to just do as they say.

Not necessarily. Ever read the movie synopsis on the back of a DVD for a cheap movie? You can tell the person who wrote the synopsis probably didn't watch the movie.

In 1990 (muchless today), how would you identify where they went to school, what they published, where they were born without asking them?

That would assume you really cared, or that what you were writing was that important. This was a card for a vanity book, not some major best seller...

You have a list of people from Jim Smith to Barack and you're saying you have zero input. It's your job to write the bio. Explain how you would possibly find out what their background was from common household names to unique names in 1990 without ANY information about them from the author

Well, you'd probably do what this chick did.. just make shit up.

Not necessarily. Ever read the movie synopsis on the back of a DVD for a cheap movie? You can tell the person who wrote the synopsis probably didn't watch the movie.

That would assume you really cared, or that what you were writing was that important. This was a card for a vanity book, not some major best seller...

Well, you'd probably do what this chick did.. just make shit up.

So she made up he was born in Kenya, where his father was actually born, got his school right, got right that he grew up in Indonesia, but didn't get his location of birth right all by making it up.

So at this point you're just conceding that Obama did in fact lie about where he was born

"This racist society," LOL. Ignorance is your calling card

yes, in your bizarre world, a country where black people can be shot in the back by police without consequence is totally not racist.

He's also blaming racism when his ass is as lily white as ours

Yes, it's called having "Empathy"... you should try it some time.

You keep whining that you were screwed all through life while you keep saying only black people are screwed and white people are privileged, but you were screwed all through life even though you were white and you say white people never get screwed.

It's called personal responsibility...you should try it some time

Meanwhile, back in reality, the Democrats are beating Trump and his cult like a gong.

Why?

The Democrats offer concrete policies across the board, while the Trump cult offers only fear and hate.

The Democrats act like patriots and decent human beings, while the Trump cult acts like Nazi sociopaths. Q-anon, the current Republican philosophy, is literally a Nazi conspiracy theory repackaged.

We can't save the Republican party. The treason runs too deep there. They simply hate everyone outside of their fascist cult, because the hating gives them a thrill. Pity. The USA needs two parties. Hopefully, a sane conservative party will rise out of the wreckage of the GOP.

Concrete policies? Where? Watch a Biden campaign ad and tell me what concrete policies he's offering! He offers vague promises about stopping the virus but gives ZERO specifics! He says he'll give YOU the same healthcare as his own family gets! Anyone here really believe that? He says he'll rebuild the economy but won't say how while he promises the left he'll raise taxes and pass the Green New Deal both of which will slow the economy and kill job growth!

Trump offers the same economy we had BEFORE the Covid 19 virus was unleashed on us by the Chinese! Biden offers us the same tepid economy we had under the Obama Administration. Why would ANYONE vote for that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back