48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

Joe loves to talk down business owners, but unlike Nancy I cared about my employees and took care of them and they knew that. Not one employee from my graphic design business ever quit other than for personal reasons. One quit because she got married and moved across the State. But I never lost an employee to a competitor

Again, a little hard to believe... if your personality is anything like it is here, they probably couldn't wait to get away from you.

Meanwhile, back in reality, the Democrats are beating Trump and his cult like a gong.

Why?

The Democrats offer concrete policies across the board, while the Trump cult offers only fear and hate.

The Democrats act like patriots and decent human beings, while the Trump cult acts like Nazi sociopaths. Q-anon, the current Republican philosophy, is literally a Nazi conspiracy theory repackaged.

We can't save the Republican party. The treason runs too deep there. They simply hate everyone outside of their fascist cult, because the hating gives them a thrill. Pity. The USA needs two parties. Hopefully, a sane conservative party will rise out of the wreckage of the GOP.
:disbelief:

You obviously do not live in the D.C. metro area.

Yep. When Obama wrote his book, he loved the idea of being an elitist leftist snob looking down his long nose at America and told his publisher he was born in Kenya even though he was born in Hawaii. Looking down his nose sounded better to him being from Kenya than Oahu.

Except his Publisher said he said no such thing. Not sure why the Publisher would cover for him like that, it just makes THEM look bad.

I had my background checked during 90s several times since I worked on Wall Street. They took my resume and asked me to complete a form. Then they had to come back and more questions when they couldn't verify this or that fact, I had to help them with more specific information so they could verify it.

Wow, you realize that there's a major difference between checking a background for a job and just checking to see if your information for a book blurb is accurate or not, right?

They weren't hiring Obama to handle millions of dollars, they were hawking a vanity book that was going to probably only sell a few thousand copies.

Right, so they put a lot more into fact checking me. But you keep arguing they don't simply ASK Obama about his background or other authors, who are named things like John Jones. For as you said books that may sell a few thousand copies.

So answer the question. In 1990 you have a list of names. You ask for a list of what they did you can verify (jobs, papers, birth place) etc. Your employer says no, that's your job. So how do you go about it? How do you figure those things out without simply ASKING them as anyone who isn't a moron would do?

Joe loves to talk down business owners, but unlike Nancy I cared about my employees and took care of them and they knew that. Not one employee from my graphic design business ever quit other than for personal reasons. One quit because she got married and moved across the State. But I never lost an employee to a competitor

Again, a little hard to believe... if your personality is anything like it is here, they probably couldn't wait to get away from you.

I like that from the guy with the perpetually bad attitude. Though the funny thing was how after I fired you, the only question I got from the people who worked with you was what took me so long?

Yep. When Obama wrote his book, he loved the idea of being an elitist leftist snob looking down his long nose at America and told his publisher he was born in Kenya even though he was born in Hawaii. Looking down his nose sounded better to him being from Kenya than Oahu.

Except his Publisher said he said no such thing. Not sure why the Publisher would cover for him like that, it just makes THEM look bad.

So answer the question that you keep hiding from.

My plan as any normal person would do and all my background checks were done were I filled out forms and the background check firm verified my answers.

But you're saying they didn't do that. So in 1990, you have a list of names from James Jones to Obama Bin Laden. How would you find out what their background was since your idiot boss wouldn't let you simply ask them? Go ...

Remember Democrats in 2008 raised if McCain was eligible to be President because he was born on a ... US military base in Panama.

Nope, because it never happened.

It was Hillary who raise Obama's qualification based on his potentially being born in Kenya.

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

You're lying. Democrats did raise the question of McCain being eligible because he was born on a US military base in Panama. You were once again the birther party. And the Hillary campaign did raise the question of Obama. Birther birther everywhere, in the Democrat party. Then you did it again for Ted Cruz who was the son of an American

Remember Democrats in 2008 raised if McCain was eligible to be President because he was born on a ... US military base in Panama.

It was Hillary who raise Obama's qualification based on his potentially being born in Kenya.

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

You're lying. Democrats did raise the question of McCain being eligible because he was born on a US military base in Panama. You were once again the birther party. And the Hillary campaign did raise the question of Obama. Birther birther everywhere, in the Democrat party. Then you did it again for Ted Cruz who was the son of an American
When you say “Democrats” are you referring to 5 wingnuts you met on a message board that nobody takes seriously... somebody of your kind?

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

When you say “Democrats” are you referring to 5 wingnuts you met on a message board that nobody takes seriously... somebody of your kind?

Seeing it on video tape wouldn't convince a dyed in the wool leftist partisan automaton like you

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

Seeing it on video tape wouldn't convince a dyed in the wool leftist partisan automaton like you
It’s depends on who says it of course. Both sides have crazy wing nuts who say all kinds of stuff. Did somebody credible say it? Was it a serious accusation or a retort on the Obama birther BS?

did anybody take it to the level that Trump took the Obama conspiracy?

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

It’s depends on who says it of course. Both sides have crazy wing nuts who say all kinds of stuff. Did somebody credible say it? Was it a serious accusation or a retort on the Obama birther BS?

Well, the Obama "conspiracy" was actually started by Obama. Second was his wife. Third was the Hillary campaign. Hardly the same

Yes, they do, but it has nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow. Do you know what poverty is Joe? Poverty is the state of not having enough or having no money. The solution to poverty is to acquire money. The way to get money is to get a job and not get involved in things like illegal narcotics, going into debt buying things you really can't afford, staying out of trouble with the law, and not having a family long before you're financially capable of doing so.

Okay, so let's look at that. The way to get out of poverty is to get a job. Hey, I help people get jobs for a living. So you know, it's a lot easier to get a job if you can afford a nice suit. It's easier to get one if you have enough money to get dental work done.

Check your privilege... you had all the advantages of being white and you still ended up on welfare.

Slavery doesn't cause black kids to drop out of high school at the rate they are. Jim Crow didn't cause single black women to have children with no husband which is now the norm in black communities; some cases reveal a 90% out-of-wedlock birth rate They even invented a term for it. It's called baby daddies.

Okay, let's look at that one. You know that a wedding is really fucking expensive, right. (And 50% of them still end up in divorce, but you guys never whine about that.). There are baby daddies who are fully committed, but there are white divorcees who run off and are never seen again.

But I'd be happy to change our social welfare system to stop penalizing marriage. I don't think you would be too keen on it.

Every Friday I go to play my lottery numbers. It's not much, I spend on average about 20 bucks a week. It's mainly for fun. But I hate getting black people in front of me at the lottery line.

Wow, that line is telling. When they get a government check, they are lazy and on welfare. When you get a government check, it's "deserved" and "entitlted". When they wait for lottery tickets (Or as I like to call it, "A tax on people who are bad at math") you hate them for being there the same time you are.

Very telling.

You know that a wedding is really fucking expensive, right.

Cook County marriage license, $60.

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

Well, the Obama "conspiracy" was actually started by Obama. Second was his wife. Third was the Hillary campaign. Hardly the same
Oh ok. They started a conspiracy against themselves. Great logic:cuckoo:

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

You called it a conspiracy. Note I put it in quote marks. Didn't know what that meant, huh? Stupid government schools ...

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

You called it a conspiracy. Note I put it in quote marks. Didn't know what that meant, huh? Stupid government schools ...
Oh I’m sorry, I was referring to the “Birther Conspiracy” and the shit Trump pulled to perpetuate it

Again, never happened.

Why do you lie so much?

Oh I’m sorry, I was referring to the “Birther Conspiracy” and the shit Trump pulled to perpetuate it

Right, the theory that Obama was born in Kenya, which was started by Obama in 1990 and then his lovely bride claimed he was born in Kenya second. Hillary third. Maybe Trump thought Obama wasn't a blathering idiot and he knew where he was born.

This is such hack partisan bull shit. If a Republican Presidential candidate said they were born overseas when they were actually born in Hawaii like Obama, you wouldn't get over it for the rest of your life

Okay, so let's look at that. The way to get out of poverty is to get a job. Hey, I help people get jobs for a living. So you know, it's a lot easier to get a job if you can afford a nice suit. It's easier to get one if you have enough money to get dental work done.

Check your privilege... you had all the advantages of being white and you still ended up on welfare.

You don't need a suit to get a job at McDonald's. And in fact, if you work at McDonald's full time for a month, you can afford dental insurance and a suit. What a lame attempt to justify failure.

In any case, I gave you a list of things to prevent poverty, not just getting a job. It's like my father taught me many years ago. Making money is easy; an idiot can make money, but knowing what to do with that money is the difference between success and failure. Books have been written about lottery winners who's luck ended up being the worst thing that happened in their lives.

I'm not on welfare, I'm on disability through no fault of my own, and I pray you get there soon.

Okay, let's look at that one. You know that a wedding is really fucking expensive, right. (And 50% of them still end up in divorce, but you guys never whine about that.). There are baby daddies who are fully committed, but there are white divorcees who run off and are never seen again.

But I'd be happy to change our social welfare system to stop penalizing marriage. I don't think you would be too keen on it.

I don't care one way or another. Not married, never have been, and never will be. I planned it that way.

Single-parent households are linked to poverty. Yes, it effects the white community, but not nearly at the rate it does the black community. If you're going to have more single-parent households, then you're going to have more poverty in those areas and that group of people. It's that simple. Slavery or oppression has nothing to do with that.

According to USA today, raising a child costs $233,000 per child, and that's not including advanced education. How does a working stiff not be poor when they have several children they could never afford in the first place?

Bottom line is outside of those with mental or physical disabilities to work, most poverty is self-inflicted. It has nothing to do with skin color.

Wow, that line is telling. When they get a government check, they are lazy and on welfare. When you get a government check, it's "deserved" and "entitlted". When they wait for lottery tickets (Or as I like to call it, "A tax on people who are bad at math") you hate them for being there the same time you are.

I said I can't stand getting behind them. Unlike you, I hate very few people. I'm at the lottery machine for ten seconds compared to the five minutes they stand there watching those tickets pop out like a toaster. And I said noting about welfare. I used that as an example of how people waste their money instead of paying bills or getting ahead in life. Again, it goes back to what my father said.

You don't need a suit to get a job at McDonald's. And in fact, if you work at McDonald's full time for a month, you can afford dental insurance and a suit. What a lame attempt to justify failure.

In any case, I gave you a list of things to prevent poverty, not just getting a job. It's like my father taught me many years ago. Making money is easy; an idiot can make money, but knowing what to do with that money is the difference between success and failure. Books have been written about lottery winners who's luck ended up being the worst thing that happened in their lives.

I'm not on welfare, I'm on disability through no fault of my own, and I pray you get there soon.

I don't care one way or another. Not married, never have been, and never will be. I planned it that way.

Single-parent households are linked to poverty. Yes, it effects the white community, but not nearly at the rate it does the black community. If you're going to have more single-parent households, then you're going to have more poverty in those areas and that group of people. It's that simple. Slavery or oppression has nothing to do with that.

According to USA today, raising a child costs $233,000 per child, and that's not including advanced education. How does a working stiff not be poor when they have several children they could never afford in the first place?

Bottom line is outside of those with mental or physical disabilities to work, most poverty is self-inflicted. It has nothing to do with skin color.

I said I can't stand getting behind them. Unlike you, I hate very few people. I'm at the lottery machine for ten seconds compared to the five minutes they stand there watching those tickets pop out like a toaster. And I said noting about welfare. I used that as an example of how people waste their money instead of paying bills or getting ahead in life. Again, it goes back to what my father said.

Doesn't that shit crack you up where you don't want welfare and don't want handouts, so dim bulb Joe is like, Oh, you don't have a job, you must be poor, you don't want anything from the government.

He really isn't very smart

Doesn't that shit crack you up where you don't want welfare and don't want handouts, so dim bulb Joe is like, Oh, you don't have a job, you must be poor, you don't want anything from the government.

He really isn't very smart

Yeah, well I lost my job and career at 59 1/2 thanks to a bunch of bureaucrats in government. It's been an ongoing battle for a couple of years now, and at this age (now 60) there is not much else I could do but go on disability. It wasn't really my call. Like what was I supposed to do, go to school to learn a new career, graduate as a 61 or 62 year old rookie and get a job somewhere?

Joe tries to equate me with lowlifes who always had better health than I did, made bad decisions in their lives, and learned how to play the system. But it doesn't bother me since disability comes out of FICA taxes that I've contributed to all of my life. I was going to retire early at 62 anyway. More or less, I just retired a few years earlier than expected. But the best part is it angers Joe so much he can't get it off his mind. He has a terrible case of OCD that he refuses to seek proper psychological attention for. That is his call.

During my working years I invested in rental property which I live on, so between that and disability, I do okay--not great, but not badly either. I'm in the high-risk category for death if I catch this stupid virus, so I'm going to hang low for a while. When things get back to normal, perhaps get a part-time job somewhere, but I'll see how it goes.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back