48% percent support the refugee ban, 42% oppose.

48% is enough to win an election in today's climate; hell, it's a landslide!

I am solid in the "FOR" column

just until we can figure out who is wanting to chop off heads and blow shit up and who isn't

maybe even weed out a few rapists as well :dunno:

Poll: Nearly Half of America Voters Support Trump's Immigration Order
It is 48% against, 42% for in actual polls. The second disturbing number is that only 10% have no position.

This is the second straight weekend in the young administration that the American people have said "no" to Trump.

Qunnipac polls are not valid, because they include repeated online voting.

just until we can figure out who is wanting to chop off heads and blow shit up and who isn't

It is 48% against, 42% for. The second disturbing number is that only 10% have no position.

This is the second straight weekend in the young administration that the American people have said "no" to Trump.

You do know who is funding this right?

It's not grass roots

I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. This is an old poll, but shows how divided we are on this:

Poll: Half of American voters back Trump's Muslim ban

A new poll shows that 50 percent of all American voters support a temporary ban on Muslims traveling to the U.S. — an idea originally proposed by GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

While 71 percent of Republican voters supported the ban, 34 percent of likely Democratic voters and 49 percent of independents also did, according to the new poll by Morning Consult.

Although support for the ban is highest among Trump's supporters, at 84 percent, there is also support for a ban among those who support fellow GOP candidates Ted Cruz and John Kasich — at 65 percent and 48 percent, respectively. Among Democrats, more Hillary Clinton supporters agreed with the travel ban, at 37 percent, versus 27 percent of Bernie Sanders's supporters.

A "virtual majority" of American voters — 49 percent — also agrees with Cruz's call for additional law enforcement patrols of Muslim neighborhoods in the U.S., the poll showed.

Seventy percent of Republicans agreed with increased patrols, compared with 35 percent of Democrats and 46 percent of independents.

Almost half of voters — 45 percent — also said they support the use of enhanced interrogation techniques, such as waterboarding, against suspected terrorists in order to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) — another idea touted by Trump.

However, 34 percent said the U.S. could win the fight against ISIS without using enhanced interrogation techniques, including torture. About 21 percent didn't know or had no opinion. Trump's call for the use of torture has been criticized by current and retired military leaders who say it would violate the Geneva Convention.

The new poll follows one published Monday by the Morning Consult that showed that after last week's terrorists attacks in Brussels, more American voters said security issues are their top concern in the 2016 presidential election.

Last edited:
We've got our own problems. It's not our responsibility to take in everyone who wants in just because they want in.

Fuck you and your immigration, we don't need all these fucking foreigners coming from all these countries.

Funny how most these 'refugees' are young men, about warfighting age who should be back fighting for their country. Not sitting here on the U.S. taxpayer dime. They should fix their own shit in their country before trying to come here.

It'd be cheaper to send aid to countries who should actually be taking care of the refugees -- Saudi Arabia and Turkey, for example.

Not our problem. Too many extremists and criminals, and there's no way to differentiate given the circumstances of the Syrian conflict.

It is 48% against, 42% for in actual polls. The second disturbing number is that only 10% have no position.

Qunnipac polls are not valid, because they include repeated online voting.
How was Hillarys ball?

Johann's "Funny how most these 'refugees' are young men, about warfighting age" is an Alt Right alt factoid. It's not true.

Johann seems to think we are all going to die by the hand of jihadists.

upload_2017-1-30_6-21-8.png

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2016-09-01-1472759565-493250-extreme_extreme_vetting.jpg

Will Trump’s Refugee Ban Have Public Support?
[...]The scope of Trump’s executive order is such that we’re largely in uncharted waters. Past polls are only so useful, as most of them did not ask about actions as broad as the ones Trump undertook. This isn’t like same-sex marriage, or other more straightforward yes-no issues that have been polled for years. I’d be suspect of anyone claiming it’s clear which way public support will go on Trump’s actions — at least until we get more polling.

[...]The scope of Trump’s executive order is such that we’re largely in uncharted waters. Past polls are only so useful, as most of them did not ask about actions as broad as the ones Trump undertook. This isn’t like same-sex marriage, or other more straightforward yes-no issues that have been polled for years. I’d be suspect of anyone claiming it’s clear which way public support will go on Trump’s actions — at least until we get more polling.

I predict the public will support it.

I don't have to, theHawk, Johann has to prove his statement.

It is a false factoid until he does.

I guess all the European people killed by foreign Muslims don't concern you. Nor the fact that Muslims in the banned countries are killing themselves in droves.

Why say utterly stupid things? Of course terrorism is concerning...it's not the all encompassing fear you think it should be, but to say that someone is unconcerned about terrorism because they disagree with the actions of Mango Mussolini is ludicrous.

And since you brought up those European attacks...weren't most of them perpetrated by citizens of other European countries like France and Belgium?

We are fighting a war on terror...what the Gropenfuhrer did is not helping, in fact it's very likely going to do the opposite of helping.

I predict the public will support it.

Yeah, that must be what all those people are doing at airports..."supporting" it. Is that what Trump said...they're out there in support of his Executive Action? I wouldn't be surprised nor would it surprise me if his cultists believe that.

I guess all the European people killed by foreign Muslims don't concern you. Nor the fact that Muslims in the banned countries are killing themselves in droves.

Why say utterly stupid things? Of course terrorism is concerning...it's not the all encompassing fear you think it should be, but to say that someone is unconcerned about terrorism because they disagree with the actions of Mango Mussolini is ludicrous.

And since you brought up those European attacks...weren't most of them perpetrated by citizens of other European countries like France and Belgium?

We are fighting a war on terror...what the Gropenfuhrer did is not helping, in fact it's very likely going to do the opposite of helping.

If that's true then why is every progressive running around using the caveat that people from those countries haven't carried out attacks in the US? Because they being dishonest c*nts, leaving out the fact that have carried out attacks in Europe.

Some of the attacks were carried out by Muslims born in the country, like the Belgium attacks. Most of the others were foreign born, then allowed to come into Europe legally through stupid immigration policy. Then there are the many violent attacks such as rape and individual assaults carried out by refugees that don't get counted as "terrorism".

No, they were not perpetrated by citizens of other Europeans countries.

THey were perpetrated by Muslims from the Middle East.

Your pretense, their pretense that some paper work changed them into Europeans was proven to be a sad, powerless little delusion.

Forum List

Back