What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

45's that had to be flipped over to play the second half of the song

Prof.Lunaphiles

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The kid's got it easy now, they don't have to pull a record out its sleeve, or 45 rack, and line up the needle, or worry about scratches.

But when I was a youngen, all the other kids knew the words to it before I even heard it. I remember asking my mother about it, and she told me to ask them for the title.
What other singles were released as both sides of a 45?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That would seem to be a short list since most hit songs back in the day were 2:30 or so. Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, Closer to my home, MacGarthur Park, Bohemian Rhapshody....

White 6

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kid's got it easy now, they don't have to pull a record out its sleeve, or 45 rack, and line up the needle, or worry about scratches.

But when I was a youngen, all the other kids knew the words to it before I even heard it. I remember asking my mother about it, and she told me to ask them for the title.
What other singles were released as both sides of a 45?

Tubular bells by mike oldfield

TeeDub

Gold Member
Reaction score
That would seem to be a short list since most hit songs back in the day were 2:30 or so. Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, Closer to my home, MacGarthur Park, Bohemian Rhapshody....
45's were gone by that time those songs were released.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List