45% Say Hillary Is Corrupt

red states rule

May 30, 2006
It is early, but Hilliary has alot to overcome

Almost Half of Americans Fear Corruption if Clintons Return to White House, Poll Finds
By Fred Lucas
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
April 05, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - More than six years after the Clintons left the White House, nearly half of the respondents in a new poll -- 45 percent -- worry that if they return, they could bring "high levels of corruption" with them.

A Zogby International poll released Thursday in Washington highlights in particular concerns about former President Bill Clinton's ability to "behave honestly in the White House" if his wife, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.), is elected president in 2008.

The poll results indicate that scandals which dogged the Clinton administration remain relevant to a significant number of voters.

The 45 percent figure would likely be even higher, said Tom Fitton, president of conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, if elected officials and the media were more willing to ask tough questions about numerous ethical quandaries that surrounded the Clinton administration and the then-first lady's role in those issues.

"It's because the media doesn't want to talk about it and the American leaders won't talk about it," Fitton said. "The fact that no-one is talking about it and people are still concerned speaks volumes."

Judicial Watch sponsored the poll.

Forty-two percent of respondents also said they view Sen. Clinton as corrupt. Of those, 17 percent regard her as "very corrupt."

The New York senator is leading the pack among Democratic candidates for president in most polls. She announced this week that she had shattered previous fundraising records - though just slightly above her top primary rival, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

The Clintons weathered numerous investigations into alleged criminal conduct and ethical lapses during the Clinton presidency, and in some of them Hillary Clinton was suspected to have played a major role.

Fitton pointed out that these include: the Whitewater probe, in which independent counsel Robert Fiske said she was not truthful to a federal grand jury but did not believe he could obtain an indictment from a Washington D.C. jury; the firings in the White House travel office; and smears against women from her husband's past through the hiring of private investigators during the 1992 campaign to curb what became known as "bimbo eruptions."

These are all questions Sen. Clinton should answer, Fitton said. He added that every other candidate should also answer questions about their own past ethical lapses.

"Some are old issues in the sense that they took place several years ago," Fitton said. "But they're new issues in the sense that they don't have answers."

Perhaps the best news for Bill Clinton from the new poll was its finding that 50 percent believe he would behave honestly in the White House. Thirty-six percent of respondents felt otherwise, while the remaining 14 percent was undecided on the issue.

On a broader question, 93 percent of respondents said they believe corruption is still a significant problem in Washington, and 78 percent think bigger government leads to bigger corruption.

More to come.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200704/POL20070405b.html

I'm sorry, but watching establishment conservatives try to take down Bill Clinton by going after a million little mini-scandals was just PATHETIC. NOBODY GAVE A SHIT THEN, and nobody gives a shit now. This guy schooled 'em all. He finished two terms despite being IMPEACHED! I have to laugh when I think of those little faggot Republicans with their little charts during the "prosecution" of Clinton on the House floor.

I'm sorry, but watching establishment conservatives try to take down Bill Clinton by going after a million little mini-scandals was just PATHETIC. NOBODY GAVE A SHIT THEN, and nobody gives a shit now. This guy schooled 'em all. He finished two terms despite being IMPEACHED! I have to laugh when I think of those little faggot Republicans with their little charts during the "prosecution" of Clinton on the House floor.

What it was, is a waste of taxes and a distraction from the more important issue of foreign donations to the candidacy of a sitting President.

What it was, is a waste of taxes and a distraction from the more important issue of foreign donations to the candidacy of a sitting President.

or witness tampering, obstruction of justice, perjury, as well as the Chinese funny money

Mere details to the left I know

http://www.judicialwatch.org/6241.shtml

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55054

Some more sources. Course what the heck does it matter if Judicial Watch and Zogby conduct a poll that says 45% of Americans think Hillary is corrupt. You'll just ignore it because the conservative news outlets are the only ones pointing the results out.

Funny how cons only "believe in" polls when the polls say what they want to hear.

What do you think of this poll Avatar?

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/3528

or this one....

http://www.zogby.com/Soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=12528

or this one?

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/10/11/171040/56

I can only conclude that 55% haven't studied the issue yet.

an interesting dynamic is in play. If the republicans nominate Rudy - a thrice married, adulterer who is pro gun control, pro gay rights, and pro-abortion... the religious right wing of the republican party may not vote for Hillary, but they may stay home rather than vote for Rudy.

an interesting dynamic is in play. If the republicans nominate Rudy - a thrice married, adulterer who is pro gun control, pro gay rights, and pro-abortion... the religious right wing of the republican party may not vote for Hillary, but they may stay home rather than vote for Rudy.

If it comes down to Rudy or Hillary/Obama - people will choose Rudy

Libs know this and are starting to worry

If it comes down to Rudy or Hillary/Obama - people will choose Rudy

Libs know this and are starting to worry

like I said...I think that the religious right will just stay home rather than vote for a adulterer who is pro choice and pro gay rights.... they might "prefer" rudy to obama, but that does not mean they will make the effort to actually go to the polls on election day.

Forum List

Back