43 years ago, i started work at $2.10 an hour, when i finally retired my wages were over $115,000 an hour plus benefits. Prog slaves wont learn.

After high school i went to work at McD's at $2.10 an hour while going to the University of Cincinnati. After 6 months i realized that college wasnt for me, so i tried to get a full time job, but McD's only had part timers, of my age. I went to work at Bill Knapp's as a short order Chef again making $2.10 an hour but after i was certified to work the whole kitchen i got a 15 cent raise and was able to work alone during off peak hours. Then 6 months later the wonderful government decided that minimum wage should be $2.25 an hour so i was working entry level wages again, even though i had the responsibility to be alone, while entry had to have supervision. Thanks Progressives. So i left Bill Knapp's and went into the military where i could fix jets. Spent 9 /12 years there, learning all i could about A-10s and F-15s, and when i got out, had to go back to making 10 cents above minimum wage, but at Home Depot, a stock clerk. This is where i learned about investing in stocks, and since HD was going for 35 dollars a share(after all the splits the cost value is under a dollar), i put in the max contributions , while the dividends were only paying 16 cents per share. Then the break i had been waiting for happened. A job opening in Saudi Arabia working the Royal Saudi AF F-15s base pay was $12 an hour with $6 cost of living allowance plus contract bonus complete award of $7,000 and 2 paid vacations($10,000 per family to use or put in the bank). So every year for 5 1/2 years i continued to purchase HD stock, also contribute to McDonnell Douglas stock(which got bought out by Boeing). Today i have over 35,000 shards of HD, and plenty of other dividend paying stocks. Why, because i took risks, with risks come rewards(and sometime failures), those who dont take a risk, mostly live paycheck to paycheck, live moderately in lifestyle, and those i respect, but the progressive slave who bitches and moans that their lives were made victim because someone like me took their shit away, are just that, slaves to their progressive masters. That is a little history that i share. I have had plenty of people go and take a risk, and they have been rewarded. Those that didnt listen, are still slaves..

All I'm going to add to this one is thank you for your service. Regardless of how we match up politically, at some point you signed your name saying you would put yourself between a terrorist bullet and my family, and I appreciate that.
You seem to be quite a conservative when it comes to family matters. Are you sure we have any political differences?

After high school i went to work at McD's at $2.10 an hour while going to the University of Cincinnati. After 6 months i realized that college wasnt for me, so i tried to get a full time job, but McD's only had part timers, of my age. I went to work at Bill Knapp's as a short order Chef again making $2.10 an hour but after i was certified to work the whole kitchen i got a 15 cent raise and was able to work alone during off peak hours. Then 6 months later the wonderful government decided that minimum wage should be $2.25 an hour so i was working entry level wages again, even though i had the responsibility to be alone, while entry had to have supervision. Thanks Progressives. So i left Bill Knapp's and went into the military where i could fix jets. Spent 9 /12 years there, learning all i could about A-10s and F-15s, and when i got out, had to go back to making 10 cents above minimum wage, but at Home Depot, a stock clerk. This is where i learned about investing in stocks, and since HD was going for 35 dollars a share(after all the splits the cost value is under a dollar), i put in the max contributions , while the dividends were only paying 16 cents per share. Then the break i had been waiting for happened. A job opening in Saudi Arabia working the Royal Saudi AF F-15s base pay was $12 an hour with $6 cost of living allowance plus contract bonus complete award of $7,000 and 2 paid vacations($10,000 per family to use or put in the bank). So every year for 5 1/2 years i continued to purchase HD stock, also contribute to McDonnell Douglas stock(which got bought out by Boeing). Today i have over 35,000 shards of HD, and plenty of other dividend paying stocks. Why, because i took risks, with risks come rewards(and sometime failures), those who dont take a risk, mostly live paycheck to paycheck, live moderately in lifestyle, and those i respect, but the progressive slave who bitches and moans that their lives were made victim because someone like me took their shit away, are just that, slaves to their progressive masters. That is a little history that i share. I have had plenty of people go and take a risk, and they have been rewarded. Those that didnt listen, are still slaves..

First, the minimum wage was never 2.25/hr.

And what has ANY of this to do with "prog slaves?"

When I started work my first job was 1.60. i was 13 and lied about my age.
I did the Navy THEN went to college.
And, SO?
What's it got to do with PROG?
I worked and invested and I will be able to retire comfortably.
So what has this to do with PROG?

Some of the most talented investors in the world are Progressives?
And have you checked your fellow Trumpinistas? not much money in buying pillows and trump hats.
So, again, what has any of this to do with PROG?

When you made 2.25 did you do any investing?

Hmm. Maybe that's the answer. Raise wages.

Thanks
When i was working for minimum wage at Home Depot , if you would of read, i was putting in my max donations in the HD stock. Want to play again,, dumbass....
The link I proved showed each of the federal minimum wage levels since, well before you claim.

And, your imagined life history really has nothing to do with "PROGS" and everything to do with your benefitting from spending your time pigging out at the government trough.
You think working in the Air Force was pigging out at the government trough, you stupid fucking twit? It wasnt until i got out and used my skills working as a private contractor over in Saudi Arabia(for 5 1/2 years all tax free) that i really started to amass a small fortune and learn every tax loophole in the books. But i dont wonder anymore about shills like you, because you are too stupid to know how to live without some $1,400 check from uncle sugar...

And, SO?

And have you checked your fellow Trumpinistas? not much money in buying pillows and trump hats.

Thanks
When i was working for minimum wage at Home Depot , if you would of read, i was putting in my max donations in the HD stock. Want to play again,, dumbass....
The link I proved showed each of the federal minimum wage levels since, well before you claim.

And, your imagined life history really has nothing to do with "PROGS" and everything to do with your benefitting from spending your time pigging out at the government trough.
Just to let you know also that i was working at McD's at the state level of wages, not federal. There is a big difference which morons like you dont know.

It is the answer: Raise your wages by becoming more valuable to the entity who pays you, not by petitioning the government to be your nanny.
Funny.
OP raised his wages by using government training and working as a government contractor for years.
But you say that's a bad path?
Why?

You know how we'll raise wages?
Nationwide strike.
Remember last spring when the transportation industry shut down?
How fun it was finding toilet paper?
Well, slappy, this time it won't be a virus and you won't fix it with a vaccine.

It is the answer: Raise your wages by becoming more valuable to the entity who pays you, not by petitioning the government to be your nanny.
Funny.
OP raised his wages by using government training and working as a government contractor for years.
Why?

Nationwide strike.
Well, slappy, this time it won't be a virus and you won't fix it with a vaccine.
You fuckers twist words all the time, which is why most citizens of the US hate your fucking guts. McDonnell Douglas was a private company employed by the Saudi Arabian government not US to fix their jets. My paychecks were never signed by some government agency you piece of shit...

And, SO?

Thanks

You think working in the Air Force was pigging out at the government trough, you stupid fucking twit? It wasnt until i got out and used my skills working as a private contractor over in Saudi Arabia(for 5 1/2 years all tax free) that i really started to amass a small fortune and learn every tax loophole in the books. But i dont wonder anymore about shills like you, because you are too stupid to know how to live without some $1,400 check from uncle sugar...
Was that a government check in your hand? Well yes, yes it was.
Who was the contracting agency for your Saudi Arabia time? the US government? Well yes, yes it was

Yep. Pigging at the government trough while batching about those not pigging in your trough.
A disciple of McConnell if I ever saw one.

Funny.
Why?

Nationwide strike.
Did you know down here in Florida "Krystal Burgers" is starting pay at 11 dollars an hour, McDonalds is looking to pay 12 dollars an hour, and Buc Ees has starting pay at 15 dollars an hour. Must suck to be you progs locked up in blue states..

And, SO?

Thanks

Who was the contracting agency for your Saudi Arabia time? the US government? Well yes, yes it was

Yep. Pigging at the government trough while batching about those not pigging in your trough.
You are so full of shit..

tenor (1).gif

And, SO?

Thanks

Just to let you know also that i was working at McD's at the state level of wages, not federal. There is a big difference which morons like you dont know.
Well state mins can't be less than the fed.
Perhaps you could provide us with the state so I can make you look dumb, AGAIN?
For example, California raised its minimum wage to 2.00 in 1974.
Let's line up these timeframes and other evidence and see what we got.

Funny.
Why?

Nationwide strike.
Did you know down here in Florida "Krystal Burgers" is starting pay at 11 dollars an hour, McDonalds is looking to pay 12 dollars an hour, and Buc Ees has starting pay at 15 dollars an hour. Must suck to be you progs locked up in blue states..
Nothing to do with anything you proposed
AND
A response to being unable to hire people at lower wages.
SO
Well, that's MY point so...THANKS!

And, SO?

Thanks

You are so full of shit..

View attachment 488484
Facts are a bitch aren't they shitbrain?

Another example confirming the Tiny Brained "conservative" theory.

Prices have risen 4.06x since 1978. If you made $2.10 an hour, the equivalent today would be $8.53. A full dollar above current minimum wage.

Minimum wage in 1978 was $2.65. The equivalent today would be $10.76.

Federal minimum wage is $7.25. So you were making $1.28 above minimum wage. And the minimum wage in 1978 was $3.51 higher than it is now, in equivalent buying power.

Just came home from the Taco Bell in rural Missouri. The marquee advertised Now Hiring $12 per hour...

From the tender age of ten I have been making money and never made minimum wage no matter what age...

One day you'll get there...keep striving. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I average two hundred a day right now which more than enough for me to enjoy life...

Even when I was ten I was making money mowing lawns, babysitting and other odd jobs that paid at times more than what my Uncle made from the State...

Was this on the east coast?

The transportation industry never "shut down".

I had more work than I could do.
And you would be a liar.
I never lie. Couldn't move freight fast enough. The DOT even waived hours of service regulations so we could do more work.

You should never call anyone a liar who knows more than you do on a topic.

The reason there wasn't toilet paper was panic buying...not lack of Transportation.

We were also 100% exempt from quarantine and could travel in and out of quarantine zones.

Like I said...truckers had more work than they could do. I lived it.

Now...I don't go to the Northeast or west of the Rockies...so if there was a New York or California work slowdown going on...I wouldn't know about that...but out here in the middle? We were loving life with the highways all to our selves and freight to move to help our friends and neighbors weather the lockdowns.

Forum List

Back