$400 for this concert. ??

Yanno...................a very wise friend of mine and I were having a talk about self esteem a long time ago, and that conversation has stuck with me since.....................

We were talking about self esteem and what it means. Basically, all self esteem is, is feeling esteemable (good) about yourself. So, if you want self esteem (feeling good about yourself), do good things yourself. Simple.
you raise your self esteem by doing good things for other people...jeez its that simple and that beautiful

So he can tell us (whether true or not) that $400 is pennies to him. Don't forget, this is the guy who spends $70 a day on every lunch or dinner.
I don't know? :dunno:

That's the odd thing about, "bragging," in the 21st century though, innit? Especially on social media. :71:

Some folks will try to brag, others will try to virtue signal, etc. I even remember, at some points in this forums history, folks will post pictures, we got picture threads.
Is it really about curiosity into someone's life, or is it about bragging? (see how good I look? See how much property I have, see where I am on vacation, etc.)

I know a few members that are hung up on judging politicians and folks on looks.

You have to admit, Trump himself is that way, hung up on money or looks. Others are that way with success, or how much things cost.

Others are that way on what they have done for others, (it only matters if other know.) Or how much they know, or what they have done with their live, or who they know, or by the prestige of their accomplishments, etc.

And still others don't brag at all...

Can you find value in yourself? Or do you find value in yourself, by the value others & society place, by giving meaning TO YOU? This is the age old question.

Everyone has different values. It is sort of hard to brag in this world, to an audience, when everyone in this crazy world, values too many different things.

So? The upshot is, why bother doing it at all? You never really can tell what this person, or that person's values are, or what they really think.

This, maybe, indeed, the core of the split of why folks disagree on this forum. Who are we going to have give meaning to our lives? Who will define who we are? Ourselves? Our families? Our employers? Our churches and spiritual communities? Schools? The media? Charity groups? The STATE?

I honestly could not care less if Quasar44 really does spend $70 a day on his meals eating out, or $400 on a concert, that's his business, and his choice. Personally, I think he would get more out of saving that money, and starting some charity work with it, to helping the poor, but that is just me. What kind of fool pisses away that kind of money, when there is so much suffering and need in the city around him? What kind of cruel selfishness is that? meh, his choice, not mine. It's the land of the free.

Folks say, you never feel better about yourself, than when you are helping the less fortunate in your community. But, I honestly don't care what he does with his money or his time. The very fact that he lives in a hell of his own making, and the fact that demons are daily tearing his world apart? Is proof that his values and judgements, and how he spends his time and money are probably, primarily misplaced values, that are at the core of what brings him disconnection from others, and are the source of his misery.

To each their own, and to their own, will come the fruits of their choices. IMO.

My favorite is Metallica

They sound like crap these days
Many bands and performers decline when they hit 40 or more
Especially lead singers

Well except Motorhead

They sounded exactly the same and had the same energy in 1982 or 2010
Lemmy went back to heaven
Sinatra never lost it either

Maybe I should wait for tears for fears next yr
iu

Forum List

Back