....$40 worth of gas goes how far?...

Well, no.
My avatar was actually trying to show the readers of this particular forum some market context on our pump prices.

The poser 'westwall' has too much confidence in my avatar in his belief he is capable of 'bamboozling' anybody about anything.

Personally, for a lot of my everyday....and even those 'special' day...purchases I like to have some pricing comparatives. I find that that helps me make better decisions in my purchasing. Your habits may be different, good poster 'westwall'.
Here is what you're missing Dude.

Petrol in Europe has ALWAYS been more expensive than in the US.

So saying "Look...it's more over there" is basicly saying "Look...the sky is blue"

At their lowest price in the UK, they were paying US equivalent of $1.33 a LITER.

That's roughly four liters per gallon calculated out makes about $5.27 a gallon ... when we were paying two bucks.

So your $40 chart would look basically the same in 2019...but everyone could go further.

. Becoming more like a Eurotrash shithole is always a step back. It's rather disgusting that the problem is based on liberal policies, nothing more.
"Market context" is called PROPAGANDA!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, guys......checking out the price of a planned purchase of a new F-150 across several Ford dealerships is "propaganda"?
Who knew?
---------------------------------

"the problem is based on liberal policies, nothing more."

Liberal policies?
I mean are all countries that buy gasoline suffering from liberal policies? And that is reflected in the distance they can drive on $40 worth of gas? Who knew?

• "The top one is Japan....at about 275 miles (each 'hump' in the graph is 25 miles)
  • Next is the U.S.
  • Then Australia
  • South Korea
  • Canada
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • UK
-----------------------------------------------
The next 4, in the seperate graph is for next tier countries:

• Russia on top at about 350 miles
  • Mexico
  • Brazil
  • China
The last one.....a single car is ---India."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, you are taking this too seriously. They are simple graphs, depicting a metric (distance travelled) determined by the price of gas in a country. And then comparing that metric across countries.
To my eye, it seemed a novel and interesting way to offer comparatives that inform.

You seemingly are fearful of a boogeyman that exists only in your imagination.
Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but it kinda sorta makes you look like a, well, like a Luddite.

No offense intended.

$40 will get you 6 gallons at the prices I just posted.

So you can figure it out. At 20 mpg you get 120 miles.

That would take me to work and back for ONE day. Redondo Beach is 40 miles away. The second day I'd be stuck there. Have to sleep on the beach

The second day I'd be stuck there. Have to sleep on the beach

Is that your sad and real reality?

The forum is sympathetic and saddened by how you have managed your life, good poster Scruffy.
Being stranded 40 miles from home because you don't have the cash to buy gas....is sad. So very sad in America, this land of comparative plenty to most of the rest of the world.

My suggestion ---and my avatar does not wish to appear intrusive, but........but maybe a little less time playing on the internet would allow you get a job earning you enough money so as not to get stranded.

Of course, as you can see in the graph Russians get a lot of miles out of their $40.
That may be an option for you.
It worked for Lee Harvey Oswald. He got a wife, and eventually a child out of his sojourn over there.

So good luck in whatever decision you make, poster Scruffy.

So, guys......checking out the price of a planned purchase of a new F-150 across several Ford dealerships is "propaganda"?
Who knew?
So...when's the last time you were price shopping and said "It would be completely appropriate to find the price of eggs in Somalia to inform my decisions on today's shopping trip."?

I'm not saying you wouldn't...I'm saying it would be as stupid as this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who knew?
---------------------------------

"the problem is based on liberal policies, nothing more."

Liberal policies?
I mean are all countries that buy gasoline suffering from liberal policies? And that is reflected in the distance they can drive on $40 worth of gas? Who knew?

• "The top one is Japan....at about 275 miles (each 'hump' in the graph is 25 miles)
  • Next is the U.S.
  • Then Australia
  • South Korea
  • Canada
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • UK

• Mexico
  • Brazil
  • China
The last one.....a single car is ---India."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, you are taking this too seriously. They are simple graphs, depicting a metric (distance travelled) determined by the price of gas in a country. And then comparing that metric across countries.
To my eye, it seemed a novel and interesting way to offer comparatives that inform.

You seemingly are fearful of a boogeyman that exists only in your imagination.
Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but it kinda sorta makes you look like a, well, like a Luddite.

No offense intended.
All countries is a meaningless metric, we only live in one. Those other countries already had higher gas prices. Our gas prices have doubled since that moron Biden took over. That is a direct consequence of this failed regime. Your petty attempt at damage control fails on every level. Pathetic.

I'm gonna try to post up a graphic from this morning's Washington Post.
I found it really informative. It adds context to this meltdown some Americans are undergoing with gas prices.
How do we compare to other countries?
They used as the standard for all countries a 10 year old Toyota Camry...one of the world's most popular sedans....and getting 32 mpg for $40 worth of gas.

I'm not sure it will interpret well in my cut & past graphic. Some fine detail may be dropped.

If that happens, well, you can go to the WaPo website under your subscription and read it in detail.

Go here:

The top graphic is for those countries with the largest economies.

• The top one is Japan....at about 275 miles (each 'hump' in the graph is 25 miles)
  • Next is the U.S.
  • Then Australia
  • South Korea
  • Canada
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • UK

• Mexico
  • Brazil
  • China

The last one.....a single car is ---India.

View attachment 664651

In my case....
Around 72 miles.

Is that your sad and real reality?

It is the sad and real reality for thousands upon thousands of commuters in the Los Angeles area.

I know a guy who lives in Palmdale and commutes to Torrance every day. That's about 80 miles, so there goes your 40 bucks.
The forum is sympathetic and saddened by how you have managed your life, good poster Scruffy.

Nah. No one cares. :p

Being stranded 40 miles from home because you don't have the cash to buy gas....is sad. So very sad in America, this land of comparative plenty to most of the rest of the world.

My suggestion ---and my avatar does not wish to appear intrusive, but........but maybe a little less time playing on the internet would allow you get a job earning you enough money so as not to get stranded.

Why should I work if it costs me more to get there than I make?

Maybe you could answer on behalf of the Biden voters too.

Of course, as you can see in the graph Russians get a lot of miles out of their $40.
That may be an option for you.
It worked for Lee Harvey Oswald. He got a wife, and eventually a child out of his sojourn over there.

So good luck in whatever decision you make, poster Scruffy.

:)

Oh, absolutely.
And that is why they used as the constant.....a Toyota getting 32mpg.

The arithmetic is straightforward: $40 worth of gas at $XXX per gallon into a vehicle getting 32mpg.....how far will that take you in Russia? How far in the UK? How far in the U.S.?

The single variable is the cost of gas per gallon in each market.
I steal all my diesel from the windmill guys. Welding rods and grinding wheels too

Yeah, that's the ticket. Get a better job instead of changing our leadership from an anti-energy President to a pro-energy President like Trump was.

The entire thread is this.

iu

Misery loves company.

It's all a bunch of bullshit. Smoke and mirrors, just like every statist asshole out there.

This OP reminds me of a story Rush used to tell his audience all the time. When Rush was a child and didn't finish his dinner, his mother always told him that there were kids starving in China. When Rush got fed up with hearing the same thing over and over again, he finally responded to his mother "how would me eating everything on my plate help one starving Chinese kid?" He said his mother never used that line on him again.

To the OP, I do happen to drive a Toyota Camry. I was much happier when a fill up cost me $25.00 instead of the $60.00 I pay now. The Camry has a pretty good sized gas tank (17 gallons) for a car it's size, but I never let it get near empty. A friend of mine who works on cars told me the lower you let the gas tank go, the harder it is on your fuel pump since it doesn't have the weight of all that gasoline in the tank to help pump it.

Forum List

Back