4.3 billion for small business

They will hate spew on anything that Obama does.

they place party over country at every turn

Would you care to tell us where that hero Obama is getting the monies for this?
Does he some MAGIC money tree growing in the back of the WHITE HOUSE.?

you don't care how much he SOAKS us taxpayers for, do you.
I guess that 800 billion the first time WASN'T ENOUGH. now who would thunk. SO HE LIED to us AGAIN.
As Obama wrecks the private sector beyond repair? I don't think Obama cares. He will continue to blame the Private sector and capitalism for the world's ills...especially America that had set the world standard.

So he enacts new Regulations and Mandates that will cost them over 10 Billion a Month, then gives them a 4.3 Billion dollar loan Fund.

LOL

You guys will never get it will you.
And NONE of it has to come from the FED or taxpayers. Relief will come when the FED and the Statists get thier boots off the neck of the private sector. NONE of the private sector wants handouts from taxpayers that are worth thier salt.

VERY TRUE

I am a 30 year small business electrical contractor--AND TODAY--without taxpayer "perks" I can walk into my bank and get a loan if I want one. So can every other existing business that shows a profit in their business and pays their bills on time.

No brainer here--banks STILL will loan out to qualified businesse's.

Now if you're a new business owner--you're going to have some problems.
1. You're new--and the bank see's no real profit coming out of your business--they're not going to loan you money to watch you fail.
2. If your personal credit is not so good--forget it they're not going to loan you money for a business.
3. If you have no COLLATERAL--or no prior history of business experience--and want them to loan you money for a business--you're screwed.

So basically what this bill is doing is BRIBING BANKS to make BAD loans to small business. That is all it comes down too. And it won't work.

The ONLY thing that can stimulate this economy is the consumer. Or DEMAND for goods and services. The only way we see DEMAND increase is for the American public to have more expendable cash in their pockets to spread around the overall economy. Once demand increase's--existing businesse's will expand and create new hires. New business will find the collateral (using a home or other as collateral) to obtain a new business loan.
Demand creates sales.
Sales lead to business profits
Businesses create jobs.
More jobs increases demand.
And so it goes.

Either the government offers incentives to business to expand and create jobs, offers incentive to the public to spend more, or do nothing and wait for the economy to fix itself, which will eventually happen.

Government stimulus takes the form of lower interest rates, tax cuts, or increased government spending. Most other actions of government such as spending cuts, deregulation, restructuring trade treaties can take years with no real consensus that these actions will move the economy forward, at least not in short term.

Last edited:
And NONE of it has to come from the FED or taxpayers. Relief will come when the FED and the Statists get thier boots off the neck of the private sector. NONE of the private sector wants handouts from taxpayers that are worth thier salt.

VERY TRUE

I am a 30 year small business electrical contractor--AND TODAY--without taxpayer "perks" I can walk into my bank and get a loan if I want one. So can every other existing business that shows a profit in their business and pays their bills on time.

1. You're new--and the bank see's no real profit coming out of your business--they're not going to loan you money to watch you fail.
2. If your personal credit is not so good--forget it they're not going to loan you money for a business.
3. If you have no COLLATERAL--or no prior history of business experience--and want them to loan you money for a business--you're screwed.

So basically what this bill is doing is BRIBING BANKS to make BAD loans to small business. That is all it comes down too. And it won't work.

The ONLY thing that can stimulate this economy is the consumer. Or DEMAND for goods and services. The only way we see DEMAND increase is for the American public to have more expendable cash in their pockets to spread around the overall economy. Once demand increase's--existing businesse's will expand and create new hires. New business will find the collateral (using a home or other as collateral) to obtain a new business loan.
Demand creates sales.
Sales lead to business profits
Businesses create jobs.
More jobs increases demand.
And so it goes.

Either the government offers incentives to business to expand and create jobs, offers incentive to the public to spend more, or do nothing and wait for the economy to fix itself, which will eventually happen.

Government stimulus takes the form of lower interest rates, tax cuts, or increased government spending. Most other actions of government such as spending cuts, deregulation, restructuring trade treaties can take years with no real consensus that these actions will move the economy forward, at least not in short term.
It's NOT up to government to offer squat except stay outta the way of commerce.

Not a student of liberty are you?

So he enacts new Regulations and Mandates that will cost them over 10 Billion a Month, then gives them a 4.3 Billion dollar loan Fund.

LOL

You guys will never get it will you.

VERY TRUE

You can't talk like that to TM... You see TM has no meaningful education, she does not run a business and in fact is unemployed. People like you and I that have a business and therefore are dumb fucking hate filled Republicans who want Obama to fail so that the US ends up in a depression and causes our business to fail....

TM is here to tell you want your small business needs, even if you try to tell her she is wrong and how the policy she is blindingly supporting will harm overall economic growth.

Not always. Banks are businesses and provide services for fees. Banks have money outside of Depositor Assets.

Yes - but as BANKS - their primary source of investment funds is from depositors and investors.

That's actually not true. Nationally chartered banks operate "Investment Banks" and various investment adviser operations. Those are completely separate from money held "In Deposit" with the banks.
Money isn't really HELD in deposit by banks - its loaned out. There's a problem when those loans go bad.

Usually then the FDIC steps in, making up for the losses with their insurance fund (which is almost exclusively in US Treasury obligations).
But if the FDIC runs out of its fund - then there's nothing to make up the loss. The depositors will then run on the bank trying to get out what they can before
the bank is completely bankrupt.

Show me where the FDIC was ever close to running out of funds to insure depositors.

FDIC fund falls into red, Bair urges lending | Reuters

To date, NOT A DIME (even of those entities with deposits above the $100,000 cap) of depositor money was lost,

Well yeah, no shit, because most of the big banks didn't fail. FDIC doesn't have enough insurance to insure all the deposits in the country - how would that even be feasible? The M2 money supply is over 8 trillion dollars!

nor were any actual insurance claims paid.

What do you mean there was no insurance claims paid? The FDIC has taken over numerous institutions.

FDIC: Failed Bank List

show me where they are getting lower rates! This shit is so obama and tm can say the president is helping small business and to pump up the number of businesses that have paid off previous loans. It's 100% about pumping up obama's poll numbers.

interest rates are at historic lows.

The Fed Fund Rate has been essentially zero since October 08, so no, refinancing doesn't save them money.

Sorry but its actually gone down a whole 1% since October 08

Historical Changes of the Target Federal Funds and Discount Rates - Federal Reserve Bank of New York

Forum List

Back