3rd Quarter GDP so strong , Nancy Pants tries to take credit for it.

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
I'll post the link for Piglosi's desperate attempt, as soon as it's available.

The Great American Recovery: Third Quarter GDP Blows Past Expectations

“After releasing his plan to reopen America safely in April, President Trump remarked that prior to the Coronavirus pandemic, the United States had ‘built the greatest economy anywhere in the world . . . and we’re going to build it again,’” the White House Council of Economic Advisers writes.

“This morning’s release of U.S. GDP for the third quarter of 2020 from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) affirms President Trump’s statement . . . GDP grew 7.4 percent (33.1 percent at an annual rate) in the third quarter, the largest single quarter of economic growth on record and roughly twice the prior record of 3.9 percent.”

For the record, 3rd Quarter spending came from the $1200 piece of cheese, fresh off the Fed's printing press.

Funny definition of strong, if you ask me.

It's kind of humorous that they're actually arguing over who is gonna get credit for creating all of that debt.

The Founders surely must be rolling over in their graves by now.

For the record, 3rd Quarter spending came from the $1200 piece of cheese, fresh off the Fed's printing press.

It's kind of humorous that they're actually arguing over who is gonna get credit for creating all of that debt.
Switch hitter?

No, 1200 bucks is nowhere near enough to drive that rate of increase.

And, screw the debt. Most is owed to the Fed. Mint up a nice shiny lead nickle with "debt paid"written on it.. let them try and forclose.

Stimulus checks showed up in April and May, it seems that would have affected 2nd quarter spending more than 3rd quarter.

So you are for or against the stimulus?

I'm a conservative in the true sense of the philosophy. Stimulus is not even in the equation. It's a non sequitur. People should be permitted to succeed or fail. This is the nature of free-markets. A philosophy that is contrary to central economic planning by a central bank.

Stimulus checks showed up in April and May, it seems that would have affected 2nd quarter spending more than 3rd quarter.

Citizen's financial advisor is Mac! :cool:

So you are for or against the stimulus?

I'm a conservative in the true sense of the philosophy. Stimulus is not even in the equation. It's a non sequitur. People should be permitted to succeed or fail. This is the nature of free-markets. A philosophy that is contrary to central economic planning by a central bank.

If a government decision causes harm to a person, or business, the government is required to make that person, or business, whole again.

When the government forces private businesses to shut down. They need to pay for it.

When the government forces private businesses to shut down. They need to pay for it.

Ummmm, it's actually in the Constitution, dude.

Yes, I know that what you said is in the Constitution. You posted ahead of me by about three seconds.

I didn't even see your post when I said what I said about the train wreck. Which I stand by.

Ummmm, it's actually in the Constitution, dude.

Yes, I know that what you said is in the Constitution. You posted ahead of me by about three seconds.

I didn't even see your post when I said what I said about the train wreck. Which I stand by.

The train wreck is the governments creation, so the government is required to fix it. Not a train wreck. LAW.

Ah well. Good luck with putting us all in the poor house. Between the doupoly in Washington and judging by the bipartisanship praise for it from the electorate, we're off to a great start.

It's not even shocking to me anymore that the red helmets and the blue helmets are actually competing over who can print us into the most debt.

I'll leave you all with a great quote on the topic by way of a letter from George Washington, written to James Madison. He said, and correctly so, ''No generation has the right to contract debts greater than can be paid off during the course of its own existence." By stealing from prosperity from tomorrow so that we can spend it today, we enslave ourselves and future generations.

This system relies in the public being ignorant to its function.

Ah well. Good luck with putting us all in the poor house. Between the doupoly in Washington and judging by the bipartisanship praise for it from the electorate, we're off to a great start.

It's not even shocking to me anymore that the red helmets and the blue helmets are actually competing over who can print us into the most debt.

I'll leave you all with a great quote on the topic by way of a letter from George Washington, written to James Madison. He said, and correctly so, ''No generation has the right to contract debts greater than can be paid off during the course of its own existence." By stealing from prosperity from tomorrow so that we can spend it today, we enslave ourselves and future generations.

This system relies in the public being ignorant to its function.

The second the Federal Reserve was instituted the insolvency of this country was assured. That's why I say we mint up a nice shiny lead nickel with "DEBT PAID" embossed and they are free to try and forclose.

Citizen's financial advisor is Mac! :cool:

Oh, wait. Forgot to respond to this. Heh heh.

Let me tell you something. Any time you'd like to have a one on one with regard to economics and monetary policy, or any aspect of the Constitution, for that matter, particularly the proper role of government, just whistle. I'll be in the neighborhood.

You can show us all how smart you are. I, for one, like to learn.

Any time. :)

Forum List

Back