3rd Largest Health Insurer Will Likely Pullout Of ACA

Nothing worthwhile. I think they were supposed to be insults. But even less coherent than usual.

I think we've just conceded that neither candidate will touch it. If Johnson or Stein gain traction, it'll come up again.

Are Johnson or Stein saying anything about our huge spending ?

I assume so. I know they are both opposed to ACA, and I think both would actually do something about it, albeit in radically different directions.

It's the spending piece that seems to be the 800# gorilla in the room.

It's been a year or so, but it used to be that we spend 30% of all health care on people in their last year of life.

That's a tough conversation.

But one that needs to take place.

It probably does, but it shouldn't be a government decision. If families want to squander their wealth keeping grandma alive a few more weeks, that's their business.

If Grandma is sound of mind, the choice should be hers, I'd think. Families make decisions out of guilt. Most elderly people would rather be free of pain than spends months or years hooked up to machines that keep them alive.

Then there are all those younger people with terminal illnesses. Who has the right to decide for them?

This decision should be (and always will be, despite all the smoke and mirrors) up to the people footing the bill.

I assume so. I know they are both opposed to ACA, and I think both would actually do something about it, albeit in radically different directions.

It's been a year or so, but it used to be that we spend 30% of all health care on people in their last year of life.

It probably does, but it shouldn't be a government decision. If families want to squander their wealth keeping grandma alive a few more weeks, that's their business.

If Grandma is sound of mind, the choice should be hers, I'd think. Families make decisions out of guilt. Most elderly people would rather be free of pain than spends months or years hooked up to machines that keep them alive.

Then there are all those younger people with terminal illnesses. Who has the right to decide for them?

This decision should be (and always will be, despite all the smoke and mirrors) up to the people footing the bill.

Never heard of an advanced health directive, have you?

Can't see what you are posting against...so I'll just proceed.

Nothing worthwhile. I think they were supposed to be insults. But even less coherent than usual.

I find it interesting that Obamacare is not an issue in the current presidential race (from what I've paid attention to).

I think we've just conceded that neither candidate will touch it. If Johnson or Stein gain traction, it'll come up again.

Oh, I agree.

But who's paying for it ? You and I.

If Grandma knew here estate (intended to pay for her grandkids education) was now being used to keep her alive, I think her choices might be different.

Oh, I agree.

If Grandma knew here estate (intended to pay for her grandkids education) was now being used to keep her alive, I think her choices might be different.
Good. Leave that decision to her and the family, not the state.

The GOP had plenty of time and opportunity to create and implement a strong, national, public/private health care system modeled after the current Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplement system.

But no, they decided to jam their thumb up their ass and pretend that everything was just fine.

That gave the Democrats the opening they needed to shove this pig down our throats.

Single payer will be a self inflicted wound for the GOP, enjoy.

Oh, I agree.

And that's the problem that needs to be addressed. As long as we're spending someone else's money, there's no incentive to reduce costs.

I wonder how many times a day RWNJs use the term "someone else's money"? Bunch of freeloaders who want to be in the club but don't want to pay their dues.

The GOP had plenty of time and opportunity to create and implement a strong, national, public/private health care system modeled after the current Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplement system.

But no, they decided to jam their thumb up their ass and pretend that everything was just fine.

That gave the Democrats the opening they needed to shove this pig down our throats.

No Mac it was the democrats who started this problem by freezing wages during WWII that left the door wide open for company sponsored health insurance as a benefit, we would of already had single payer by the 1960s at least.

No Mac it was the democrats who started this problem by freezing wages during WWII that left the door wide open for company sponsored health insurance as a benefit, we would of already had single payer by the 1960s at least.
Nice thought but absolutely false.

Interesting concept.

I am not sure I agree, but our health insurance/care discussions might be very different.

Interesting concept.

I am not sure I agree, but our health insurance/care discussions might be very different.

An interesting article, but I wonder why npr didn't mention FDR froze wages and prices in 1943.

Accidents Of History Created U.S. Health System

The war economy is an entirely different ballgame," Thomasson says. The government rationed goods even as factories ramped up production and needed to attract workers. Factory owners needed a way to lure employees. She explains that the owners turned to fringe benefits, offering more and more generous health plans.

The next big step in the evolution of health care was also an accident. In 1943, the Internal Revenue Service ruled that employer-based health care should be tax free. A second law, in 1954, made the tax advantages even more attractive.

Interesting concept.

An interesting article, but I wonder why npr didn't mention FDR froze wages and prices in 1943.

Accidents Of History Created U.S. Health System

The war economy is an entirely different ballgame," Thomasson says. The government rationed goods even as factories ramped up production and needed to attract workers. Factory owners needed a way to lure employees. She explains that the owners turned to fringe benefits, offering more and more generous health plans.

The next big step in the evolution of health care was also an accident. In 1943, the Internal Revenue Service ruled that employer-based health care should be tax free. A second law, in 1954, made the tax advantages even more attractive.

The alternative would have been price gouging and war profiteering.

Oh, I agree.

And that's the problem that needs to be addressed. As long as we're spending someone else's money, there's no incentive to reduce costs.

Bang on !!!!

However, the left will never acknowledge this part of human nature.

Tragedy of the commons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back