38 year-old Boston woman crushed by an apartment building elevator.

Should have taken the stairs.
One doesn't expect something like this to happen. The elevator obviously was faulty in some way, and the superintendent of the apartment didn't bother to fix the problem, which resulted in the young woman's death.
Wasn't the Super. It was the owner....ends with stein-berg-man-chong-chang-ski ???
I couldn't care less what the owner's name is! He still bears responsibility for the young woman's death if he didn't keep up on having the elevator inspected and having the problem(s) fixed.

Should have taken the stairs.
Or not have used a passenger elevator for freight.

Firetrap high-rises burn down and it's always somebody else's fault there's a neighboring high-rise with office buildings for all those psychiatrists and attorneys in local federal district court over the matter.
Many buildings have no freight elevators. The elevator doesn't care if it's carrying a dozen people or 1800lbs of furniture.

I couldn't care less what the owner's name is! He still bears responsibility for the young woman's death if he didn't keep up on having the elevator inspected and having the problem(s) fixed
I fucking hate that litigious attitude. Isn't there some sort of neighborhood association, even on a very informal, impromptu basis, that could have noticed the elevator was in poor repair?

Just like people who drive motor vehicles or ride bicycles, people who operate their own elevators are responsible for taking basic common-sense precautions for the safety of their mode of conveyance or transportation.

I have a hard time believing this elevator or lift was working smoothly with no complaints, and then it failed catastrophically without warning.

If you drive a car and the brakes start squealing, you'd better take it into a shop if you aren't comfortable doing brakes yourself.

Forum List

Back