CDZ 37 states have 'feticide' laws treating unborn babies as babies

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"What appears below is a summary of the laws of the 37 states that recognize the unlawful killing of an unborn child as homicide in at least some circumstances."
State Homicide Laws That Recognize Unborn Victims National Right to Life

If 37 states treat the unborn baby as a baby for crimes like drunk driving involving the death of the pregnant woman, or miscarriage of her baby, at what point then do we change the dialogue regarding abortion? A majority of states already consider the unborn an actual human life.

Do 'feiticde' laws change how some feel about abortion? Is it really a woman's right involving her free choice to kill her own baby if more than two-thirds the country already consider a fetus a human life?

Feticide Laws are based on common sense. They recognize unborn children as a) human and b) life or -- human life. That's what human babies are so all States should adopt feticide (fetal homicide) laws. It's up to human adults to protect the rights and the lives of the weak and vulnerable.

Not only is it unlikely to change anyone's opinion/belief, it has no bearing on Roe v. Wade.

I wish those who are against women's rights and freedom felt as strongly about taking care of the children already here.

Not only is it unlikely to change anyone's opinion/belief, it has no bearing on Roe v. Wade.

I wish those who are against women's rights and freedom felt as strongly about taking care of the children already here.

Isn't a woman's right or issue abortion. If it were, women would never have regrets about removing a 'clump of cells' from their bodies.

Surely you jest! I'm ALL FOR the rights and freedoms of unborn women.

I wish those who are against the women's rights and freedoms felt as strongly about taking care of the children already here.

Isn't a woman's right or issue abortion. If it were, women would never have regrets about removing a 'clump of cells' from their bodies.

Your first sentence makes no sense. Your second sentence is a completely different subject.

The law does not address mental or emotional issues. Nor is there any reason to believe that for the majority of women, aborting is more difficult or painful than bearing an unwanted baby.

These interminable abortion threads are very like the threads concerning marriage equality. They always come down to the fact that there's a segment of society who wants to control the most intimate parts of our lives. They want bigger and bigger government and more and more invasive laws.

They're welcome to their opinion but that opinion does not give them right to force women to reproduce.

I wish those who are against the women's rights and freedoms felt as strongly about taking care of the children already here.

Your first sentence makes no sense. Your second sentence is a completely different subject.

The law does not address mental or emotional issues. Nor is there any reason to believe that for the majority of women, aborting is more difficult or painful than bearing an unwanted baby.

These interminable abortion threads are very like the threads concerning marriage equality. They always come down to the fact that there's a segment of society who wants to control the most intimate parts of our lives. They want bigger and bigger government and more and more invasive laws.

They're welcome to their opinion but that opinion does not give them right to force women to reproduce.

I don't wanna control anyone. I'm just sick of the debate being mischaracterized as a woman's right issue like equal pay and such. If abortion was really just a matter of letting woman control their own bodies they'd never have regrets about having an abortion. But that they do, that they have nightmares suggests they in fact do acknowledge and realize they killed their own baby. If it wasn't a baby, and abortion was simply removing a not-baby from their bodies, there'd be no regret because nothing objectionable occured.

Just as I don't tolerate religious debates trying to mischaracterize science, I don't tolerate the mischaracterization of abortion as a kind of civil rights issue.

I give to 4 charities on a routine basis. One of those charities is St. Judes Children's Hospital. You?

Abortion is most certainly a civil rights issue.

No one wants to have an abortion. No one.

Most abortions are medically necessary but even if the necessity/reason is other than medical, no one wants to have an abortion.

The reason does not and should never be a consideration because the right to sovereign control over one's own body is and should be absolute.

Would it be okay with "you" if government were to force "you" to father and support a child?

It is the male that causes a pregnancy but they are able to walk away from that fact.

"What appears below is a summary of the laws of the 37 states that recognize the unlawful killing of an unborn child as homicide in at least some circumstances."

If 37 states treat the unborn baby as a baby for crimes like drunk driving involving the death of the pregnant woman, or miscarriage of her baby, at what point then do we change the dialogue regarding abortion? A majority of states already consider the unborn an actual human life.

Do 'feiticde' laws change how some feel about abortion? Is it really a woman's right involving her free choice to kill her own baby if more than two-thirds the country already consider a fetus a human life?
Odd that someone does or does not have rights based on who is killing him.

Odd that someone does or does not have rights based on who is killing him.

In a perfect world it'd be odd. In the world and nation we have it's not that odd. Logic and common sense aren't to be found in US law very often.

New Topics

Forum List

Back