37 Million Honey Bees Dead in Canada

I have an alibi.

I've got four caterpillars who will swear we were playing poker when this happened.

Lose our bees...we all die. Folks don't seem to understand this.

Bees are great pollenators and every farmer and crop grower loves having bees. Many keep their own bees.

We sure can't afford to lose the honey bee.

Who counts honey bees? Yeah, it's a problem in the U.S. apparently caused by an introduced mite that gets in their throats and kills them. Bee keepers medicate hives but the wild bees are on their own so far. I imagine the crazy left will find a way to blame it on "global warming".

Way too many weed killers on store shelves....people are too lazy these days to weed their gardens and trim. You can get an electric weed trimmer for less than $100.00

Because it is not true.

There were thousands of pollinators prior to the introduction of honey bees into the American continent. They still exist.

We need to do more to protect the bees as they provide a vital economic interest, but hyperbole isn't our friend.

Who counts honey bees? Yeah, it's a problem in the U.S. apparently caused by an introduced mite that gets in their throats and kills them. Bee keepers medicate hives but the wild bees are on their own so far. I imagine the crazy left will find a way to blame it on "global warming".
The varroa mite doesn't get into the bees. They reproduce in the brood chamber when bees are in the larva stage and feed off of them. They cause brood death and a host of other debilitating diseases to the emerging bees.

Because it is not true.

There were thousands of pollinators prior to the introduction of honey bees into the American continent. They still exist.

We need to do more to protect the bees as they provide a vital economic interest, but hyperbole isn't our friend.
Nature is not nearly as fragile as people seem to want it to be.

Because it is not true.

Nature is not nearly as fragile as people seem to want it to be.
The end of honey bees will be a disaster, but only to the honey marketplace. A large amount of honey that is sold commercially is adulterated with HFC.

Well, learn something new every day I guess. Still...I think honey bees are very very important and we should all do what we can to assist them in staying healthy and alive.

Speaking of which..I have two hummer feeders outside. One was covered with a mass of bees. This didn't happen last year, but with all the fires around me...those bees were very hungry. I let them keep that one feeder until they soaked it bone dry..which took them about 6 hours to do. Then I refilled it for them. They sucked that one dry as well. They left the other hummer feeder alone, which made me happy and the birds as well.

I heard the US had no problem letting them migrate, but the visas are too big.

Well, learn something new every day I guess. Still...I think honey bees are very very important and we should all do what we can to assist them in staying healthy and alive.

Speaking of which..I have two hummer feeders outside. One was covered with a mass of bees. This didn't happen last year, but with all the fires around me...those bees were very hungry. I let them keep that one feeder until they soaked it bone dry..which took them about 6 hours to do. Then I refilled it for them. They sucked that one dry as well. They left the other hummer feeder alone, which made me happy and the birds as well.
I'm not sure where you live, but most northern latitudes experience a normal summer dirth right now so the bees are looking for any sweet source to continue to make honey.

Forum List

Back