$37+ Billion in Foreign Aid in 2012!

You won't believe this piece @ $37,680,000,000: That?s How Much the U.S. Spent on Foreign Aid in 2012 ? Here?s a Chart That Helps Explain It | TheBlaze.com

Okay, so it's only 1% of the budget. But. What would that money do for the truly poor and homeless here in the USA? When will we become concerned about our own?

Add to that the cost of maintaining military bases all over the world and it becomes a significant number.

If those countries want our military to protect them, then they should pay the entire cost of the base---or we should close it down.

We could cut back defense and bloated government spending, give every American a million dollars a year for life, and would still save billions a year compared to what we are currently spending. It's not a matter of America being broke. It's a matter of sane fiscal responsibility.

You won't believe this piece @ $37,680,000,000: That?s How Much the U.S. Spent on Foreign Aid in 2012 ? Here?s a Chart That Helps Explain It | TheBlaze.com

Okay, so it's only 1% of the budget. But. What would that money do for the truly poor and homeless here in the USA? When will we become concerned about our own?

The very poorest American is still better off than the average poor 3rd worlder. If foreign aide fosters positive feelings towards America great. But pretending like we can't afford to be charitable is just plain wrong.

We throw enough food away to feed the entire developing world.

Since last summer I've been baking cupcakes and cookies every Tuesday and Friday for the Maintenance people (about 8 of them,) the two ladies working in the rental office, and any resident or child I see. Met a lot of neighbors handing out treats and lemme tell ya, they appreciate simple acts of kindness. And interestingly, an adult's reaction to a cookie or cupcake is identical to a child's. :) Just this morning in fact a couple maintenance people dropped by and gave me a thank-you card and scented candle.

America does a lot around the world that causes many to hate us. If we have the opportunity to do something that makes people love us we outta be jumping at every chance.

Last edited:
I have th utmost respect for the man that won 40 million playing the lotto. He is giving it all to set up a hospital to open a cancer treatment wing.
Rich bloated billionaires I have no respect for.

Luke 21:1-4 ESV / 14 helpful votes

Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Last edited:
I have th utmost respect for the man that won 40 million playing the lotto. He is giving it all to set up a hospital to open a cancer treatment wing.
Rich bloated billionaires I have no respect for.

Luke 21:1-4 ESV / 14 helpful votes

Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

I think almost everyone respects that guy and what he chose to do with his winnings. Most of the rich give significantly to charity. What's your point?

You guys rant about Rush and O'Reilly, do you have any idea how much those two give to charity?

Most U.S. foreign aid is used to procure U.S. goods and services, although amounts of aid coming back to the United States differ by program.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R40213.pdf

"procues US goods and services" ? thats funny. Most of it is used to build palaces and buy limos and planes for corrupt dictators who take our money and then turn on us. What exactly do we get for the millions we send Pakistan every year?

Most U.S. foreign aid is used to procure U.S. goods and services, although amounts of aid coming back to the United States differ by program.

"procues US goods and services" ? thats funny. Most of it is used to build palaces and buy limos and planes for corrupt dictators who take our money and then turn on us. What exactly do we get for the millions we send Pakistan every year?

Millions? Try Billions.
About a 3rd of the "foreign aid" we give is to dictatorship-style governments in the middle east. Who in turn denounce us, gives their populations signs and murals to carry during their anti-American staged marches...and most of all hate us with every ounce of their being.
What would $5-$6 billion every year do for infrastructure/highways etc. here in America?

$37+ Billion in Foreign Aid in 2012!
Foreign aid is bribery to be our friends. It's like giving your lunch money to the school bully, to not kick your ass.

As the linked document shows most all military aid comes as US made military equipment. A gift to the military industrial complex. Most all the aid we give to Pakistan is military.

As the linked document shows most all military aid comes as US made military equipment. A gift to the military industrial complex. Most all the aid we give to Pakistan is military.

OK, let me walk you through this. Congress authorizes $X billion for pakistan, Pakistan says they want some fighter planes, the US contracts with Lockheed to build the planes, the US government pays Lockheed. The planes are delivered to Pakistan, Packistan turns them over to the radicals and the radicals attack Israel, Israel counter attacks with planes built in the US and given to them.

Bottom line: the US taxpayers just financed a war in the mid east. Now tell me why thats a good "investment".

OP- Far less percentage wise than any other modern country -US, Canada, original EU, Japan, Oz, NZ- AND MORE MILITARY percentage wise DITTO...Cruz and TP waste that much every phony debt crisis...

Last edited:
We could cut back defense and bloated government spending, give every American a million dollars a year for life, and would still save billions a year compared to what we are currently spending. It's not a matter of America being broke. It's a matter of sane fiscal responsibility.

LOL, good luck with that, Dems and Obama have spent around 150 billion more a year on military spending than Bush/Reps did.

OP- Far less percentage wise than any other modern country -US, Canada, original EU, Japan, Oz, NZ- AND MORE MILITARY percentage wise DITTO...Cruz and TP waste that much every phony debt crisis...

Does that make it right? What do we get in return? Friends? nope. Allies? nope. support internationally? nope. fair trade? nope.

Perfect example of how Pubs dupe the ignorant- They don't know of benefits, WILL NEVER BE TOLD OF ANY- therefore there AREN'T any lol...Why have gov't at all LOL...

Okay, so it's only 1% of the budget. But. What would that money do for the truly poor and homeless here in the USA?

Nothing. If it were not going to foreign aid it would certainly not be simply redirected towards "the truly poor and homeless here in the USA." It doesn't work like that, and even if it did the "truly" part would never cease to be a matter of contention and demagoguery.

Forum List

Back