30,000 Fentanyl pills seized in Casa Grande Arizona. Let's Go Brandon!

I don't hang around people who buy illegal drugs. Nor does any of my family. If say a brother or a cousin started using, and OD'd, we'd be sad about it. Maybe offer as much help as they needed B4 the OD. But if they OD'd, we'd bury them and go on about our lives.

Our family is pretty tight, when it comes to helping each other get along. But when they start F'n up, drugs, trouble with the law, then we're not so helpful. We take personal responsibility pretty seriously.
What you’ve described is the best way for families to deal with a family member with a hard drug addiction. The family often has a choice to either go under with the drug addict or to stay slightly detached (tough love not enabling) to not sink themselves as well. I know of a family that decided to inadvertently enable their son’s addiction instead of keeping healthy layer of detachment and it was a disaster all around.

The adage that it’s necessary for an addict to hit rock bottom can work for many to get on the road to recovery, unfortunately for other addicts they don’t have “bottoms” until death.

Here’s to personal responsibility being a crucial qualify that most families will continue to nurture.

The adage that it’s necessary for an addict to hit rock bottom can work for many to get on the road to recovery, unfortunately for other addicts they don’t have “bottoms” until death.
Fortunately I do not use any drugs. I am addicted to deeply fried food -- mostly chicken and turkey.

Fortunately I do not use any drugs. I am addicted to deeply fried food -- mostly chicken and turkey.

Well if that’s only addiction you have RE you’re doing great! I will admit to having an addiction to USMB and getting ready to start up another mini-addiction to ancestry to research my family history lol

Hard drugs are horrible when abused and there is no going back for most. We failed miserably with the war on drugs a few decades ago, so there shouldn’t be a repeat of that attempt. It takes going the individual route to help the addicts who want help, many don’t. That’s the only chance because blanket economic “help” fails miserably.

Well if that’s only addiction you have RE you’re doing great! I will admit to having an addiction to USMB and getting ready to start up another mini-addiction to ancestry to research my family history lol
My primary addiction is arguing on Social Media.

My primary addiction is arguing on Social Media.
How do you feel after engagement? Since you used the word argue are you energized or worn out during and afterwards? Maybe tweak your style if you don’t enjoy it. Options- Cut down length of time or expand topics of interest, choose your battles more wisely (ignore the trolls instead of acknowledging them/iggy them), find topics more positive if only talking about negative things on social media (I balance my “negatives” with deliberately adding positives).

I used to get caught up on occasion with the political chat wars. Literally combat with words. At first it was compelling with more of a shock and awe experience, but that quickly changed from OK now this is getting ridiculous to becoming boringly predictable to no thanks but I’ll have to take a hard pass. There were good posters on there but the negative rooms overpowered the positive ones by far.

So, stepping back to the OP to keep myself an honest poster- drugs are bad, don’t do them lol

LMAO.. Democrats have the majority, but you're blaming republicans. And accuse me of the blame game.

LMAO... Priceless
You obviously can't put two and two together. I already explained most of the drug abusers are Republicans, not Democrats. You're a f****** idiot. It's not a party issue, it's an individual issue and most of those individuals just happen to be Republicans. Therefore it's your problem.

How do you feel after engagement? Since you used the word argue are you energized or worn out during and afterwards? Maybe tweak your style if you don’t enjoy it. Options- Cut down length of time or expand topics of interest, choose your battles more wisely (ignore the trolls instead of acknowledging them/iggy them), find topics more positive if only talking about negative things on social media (I balance my “negatives” with deliberately adding positives).
Without Social Media, I feel very empty, lonely, and bored.

But I do have Moderate Autism and Moderate Depression. Take antidepressants since 1992.

In almost all cases, druggies hooked on this crap, was sent to prison, thanks the officer for saving their lives.
"If I hadn't been arrested, I would've ended up dead." I've heard many many times in rehab video's.
Why do so many people feel inadequate that they need these illegal drugs ? It's beyond me. Hate to say it but if they're that bad off maybe it's a good way to cull the weak-minded out of the population.

Why do so many people feel inadequate that they need these illegal drugs ? It's beyond me. Hate to say it but if they're that bad off maybe it's a good way to cull the weak-minded out of the population.
NO!!!

Human Life has paramount value!

One measure of pain in this World atones for as much as several million measures of pain in Afterlife. Yet I definitely do not want to suffer in this World.
Pain and suffering are part of this world; they are not part of the other world. It's pure Bliss and Peace, just kind of boring after a while, that's why we visit here.

Man, there's probably 1,000 reasons people do drugs, knowing their bad. And a 1,000 more reasons as to why they keep doing them.
I have zero fucks as to any of the reasons or the people that do.
Those that do that stuff in private, and don't create victims to get it or while they're high, I got no problem with those folks. They keep their jobs, keep supporting their families, you know, keep on keepin on.
It's those worthless druggies like George Floyd, who doesn't support his family (5 kids), doesn't work, robs, steals and no telling what else, that need to just vanish from the face of the earth.

NO!!!

Human Life has paramount value!

To who? Certainly not themselves. And absolutely not to the victims they create. Most of them, their families have discarded them like trash, because they are trash. They aren't human any longer.
And you can't kill'm. They're already dead.

LMAO.. The left claiming that druggies lives matter, and still support abortion.

Thus it also has beneficial aspect. Few people will be willing to live with severe pain.

This is a bad situation for people who aren't addicted to drugs, like Oxycontin, but still need it for their real pain.
I love me some hydrocodone. At least after my operations (several on my knee). But never got addicted to them.
If I wasn't hurting, the thought of taking one never entered my mind.
Immediately after the operations, or during physical therapy, I was taking 2 to 3 a day. But after say a couple of weeks or so, some days I wouldn't take any. And it didn't bother me.
I still have some left over from my last refill, like 4 years ago.
Cutting the good drugs off to everyone isn't the right solution. I hope the FDA and all those involved in this don't loose sight of that.

Forum List

Back