3 dead, 14 shot in mass shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee

I most certainly would call that a mass shooting!!
I'm suggestible? I've never heard that term before? Maybe you mean something like 'gullible' or easily influenced?

And the difference is what? You need to pass on your idea to 2aguy because he's stuck for a distinction. Duhhhhhh!
sug·gest·i·ble
[sə(ɡ)ˈjestəb(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. open to suggestion; easily swayed:

When someone murders their wife and the guy she's cheating with, and then turns the gun on himself, exactly what makes that a mass shooting? In the past, that was a love triangle suicide. But calling it what it is will not influence the suggestable, so they misreport it as a mass shooting, knowing that the critical thinking-impaired will not look into it and simply think of it as an incident in which someone decided to shoot as many people as possible.

If I want to easily sway you, I'll refer to a murder due to a domestic dispute or gang activity as a mass shooting. Then you'll believe that the shooter was looking to kill as many people as possible.

sug·gest·i·ble
[sə(ɡ)ˈjestəb(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. open to suggestion; easily swayed:
Thanks, I should have looked it up.

1. When someone murders their wife and the guy she's cheating with, and then turns the gun on himself, exactly what makes that a mass shooting? In the past, that was a love triangle suicide. But calling it what it is will not influence the suggestable, so they misreport it as a mass shooting, knowing that the critical thinking-impaired will not look into it and simply think of it as an incident in which someone decided to shoot as many people as possible.
As many as possible? I don't think so, but it's a different sort of mass shooting by definition. There could be something to gain for Americans getting the definition changed though.

I think that for we Canadians, we would prefer to just continue to call it like it is.

1. If I want to easily sway you, I'll refer to a murder due to a domestic dispute or gang activity as a mass shooting. Then you'll believe that the shooter was looking to kill as many people as possible.
That's not going to sway me. Why should it? Isn't the objective to condemn mass shootings? I don't see any gain for Americans in playing it down.

But as I said, go ahead and help 2aguy redefine mass shootings. Maybe it will add some political gain to the R's fight to keep the slaughter alive, while keeping the stats down.

Aside from that, the 'culture' of continuous US wars is the root of the problem that needs attention. The violent video games are only the result of that culture IMO.

Yeah right, so I'll start by offereing a definition.

MASS SHOOTINGS.

2aguy is busy building a new list by subtracting from the list I've posted several times

See him for his new definition.
Your infatuated with 2Aguy. You're a queer aren't you?

Forum List

Back