3,600,000 gallons and counting!!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
No end in sight. At this rate in three months what are we looking at? 12,000,000 gallons on the beaches? I wonder how many miles of beach this will contaminate? A guess..a thousand gallons per mile? That would mean 12,000 miles of beaches?

predictions and guesses are all they have now....it will hit the gulf coast hard...changing ocean currents could carry it around florida and up the east coast.

Dr. Lebchenko was supposed to give a talk on what we are doing to the oceans last week, May 3,but was called back to DC by this emergency. Dr. Hixon gave a lecture in her place. His specialty is marine zoology and coral ecology. He was asked after the lecture about the effects of the spill on the Key West Corals. He stated that if the spill continues, and reachs those corals, we will probably lose them forever.

No end in sight. At this rate in three months what are we looking at? 12,000,000 gallons on the beaches? I wonder how many miles of beach this will contaminate? A guess..a thousand gallons per mile? That would mean 12,000 miles of beaches?

It could be even more than that, BP doesn't even know how much is coming out, they haven't bothered to measure, because THEY DON'T CARE.

Forum List

Back