3/21 8:30am and I got a real bad feeling about this

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I got a bad feeling that Nancy has the votes and probably always did.

I don't believe there are any more than 1, maybe 2, Dem Congressmen who will stand on American, not Democrat Party principles and vote against it.

I think the hold outs are like that little fucking weasel Kucinich and just wanted their balls rubbed before they completed the destruction of America Civil society, it's just a question of what price they wanted to extract.

I think Putin and Jiabao will be weeping tears of joys later today that their Dem Lilluptian sock puppets finally tied down the American Gulliver and brought us down to their level.

I don't believe there are any more than 1, maybe 2, Dem Congressmen who will stand on American, not Democrat Party principles and vote against it.

I think the hold outs are like that little fucking weasel Kucinich and just wanted their balls rubbed before they completed the destruction of America Civil society, it's just a question of what price they wanted to extract.

I think Putin and Jiabao will be weeping tears of joys later today that their Dem Lilluptian sock puppets finally tied down the American Gulliver and brought us down to their level.

You should also have a bad feeling about your incompetent Rs picking up a lot of seats in November. Not only have they missed an opportunity to offer their own bill, they are missing an opportunity to take what they say Americans really want and moving on it.

It's a definate win for America and the president.

I think that was clear yesterday, however one never knows. Going to watch the vote?

Democratic defector: Vote no quickly or get treated 'like a piñata' - TheHill.com

I think I will. Seems the firm 'No' Democrats may vote and leave to avoid bullying if switches are needed. Seems Hastert used the method that Pelosi is, that one did not go well:

...In 2003, then-Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) asked then-Rep. Butch Otter (R-Idaho) to vote yes on the Medicare drug bill that was a focal point of President George W. Bush's domestic agenda.

Otter said he would vote no, but promised Hastert he would not leave the House chamber until the vote was over.

But the vote was a fiasco for Hastert and other GOP leaders. The 15-minute vote extended for nearly three hours. After Otter and Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) talked to Bush, they changed their votes and the bill passed.

At the time, House Republican leaders assigned "doormen" to make sure GOP members who voted no would stay in the House until the votes were secured. Some were able to quickly vote no, but the tactic of keeping Otter and Franks around was key to the passage of the bill.

It is unclear if Democratic leaders will attempt to keep defectors from going home after they cast their vote.

One built-in advantage for Democrats is that there will be two votes -- one on the Senate-passed measure and one on the fixes to that bill.

There is little-to-no hope for Democratic leaders to persuade Taylor, but there are likely other Democratic no votes that could be pressured to do an about-face.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has suggested in recent days that unlike the Republicans in 2003, she will not look to create votes on the floor, saying the roll call will happen when Democrats have the votes.

However, The Hill's whip list suggests that the vote will be very tight. Democrats can only afford 37 defections if every member votes.

You should also have a bad feeling about your incompetent Rs picking up a lot of seats in November. Not only have they missed an opportunity to offer their own bill, they are missing an opportunity to take what they say Americans really want and moving on it.

If this bill is not aborted today, Dems will lose 100 House seats and every Senate race in November

If Americans REALLY want this, why are up to 40 states preparing legislation to attempt to stop the federal gubment from imposing it on them ?.......

If Americans REALLY want this, why are up to 40 states preparing legislation to attempt to stop the federal gubment from imposing it on them ?.......

Um, because they're racist

Obama's black, ya know

?

State legislation cannot stop anything about this bill getting it's benefits to people who need it. At best it will allow people to refuse the benefits for themselves. I doubt they will though. Who would refuse to use protection against pre existing conditions rules, for example.

Many Rs who railed against the stimulous are taking advantage of it's benefits now.

I wonder why the AmA** endorses the bill?

Last edited:

?

State legislation cannot stop anything about this bill getting it's benefits to people who need it. At best it will allow people to refuse the benefits for themselves. I doubt they will though. Who would refuse to use protection against pre existing conditions rules, for example.

Many Rs who railed against the stimulous are taking advantage of it's benefits now.

Ok, but my question isn't regarding whether the states can stop it or not. I wanna know why up to 80% of the states in this country WANT to try and stop this from being imposed on them, it kinda tells me most people don't want this. Especially when you add that to the way it has to be passed through congress .......

My prediction is that I have no idea.

I think there would be a supreme court challenge if the reconciliation is constitutional when done under these circumstances.

?

Ok, but my question isn't regarding whether the states can stop it or not. I wanna know why up to 80% of the states in this country WANT to try and stop this from being imposed on them, it kinda tells me most people don't want this. Especially when you add that to the way it has to be passed through congress .......

They're passing it with a vote. I think it's good that Americans will see Rs all voting no on this bill.

maybe because they wanted health care reformed without the insurance industry empowered to crawl up their a*s.....?

~S~

maybe because they wanted health care reformed without the insurance industry empowered to crawl up their a*s.....?

~S~

Sure, because the government is much less intrusive...

The insurance industry is thrilled, all americans must buy their products or they will be penalized by Obama.

RETARD ALERT. The Republicans DID offer their own bill. And if it passes it is headed to Court.

?

They're passing it with a vote. I think it's good that Americans will see Rs all voting no on this bill.

Ok, i think the dems don't share that sentiment though, there would have never been any talk about deem and pass if they REALLY wanted to go on record with their vote. And yes, they may pass it with a vote, but the way the states are lining up to oppose this is pretty good evidence that most people really don't want this........

Forum List

Back