2nd Bush term promises gloom

glockmail

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2006
The beautiful Yadkin Valley
God help the United States, for I believe that in a second term, George Bush may lead us into hell.

How do we deal with the fact that Bush is so hated in the world that he has united Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims for the first time in 11 centuries, bound together by their white-hot hatred for our president and our country?

What will Bush's response be, with 138,000 troops tied up in Iraq fighting a chronic insurgency, if Iran tests a nuclear warhead underground? What if Korea did the same the next week? Which allies would stand with us against these threats? Micronesia? Palau? Iceland? Estonia?

When these threats present themselves, Bush will have few viable military options available. Does anyone really think he has the wisdom or maturity to avoid seeing a tactical nuclear strike against Iran or Korea as an "effective" response?

We put Pandora back in her box in 1945 and have kept her there for nearly 60 years. When she pops out from under another mushroom cloud of our creation, does anyone think we'll be able to put her back a second time?

What will women say when their right to choose goes away? How will they tell their daughters that right will be gone until the young, firebrand, ultra-right judges that Bush will appoint are old and gray?

I shudder at the thought of how many other positive changes in American jurisprudence will be crushed under the jackboot of a Chief Justice Scalia court. I mourn them, for they will be long gone unless the impending nuclear winter makes their passing moot.

For the first time, I am frightened of the future, frightened for my children and ashamed of the mess we've left them.

Marriage needs federal amendment Wow what a fanatic this guy is. :lol:

You posted a link to a letter to the editor from somebody no one's ever heard of, in a small town newspaper in Augusta, Maine, from four years ago?

Man, you've got time on your hands if you're trolling the internets for obscure nonsense like that.

How'd those two votes for Bush work out for you? Still defending Bush Junior with every fiber of your being?

Augusta's the capital of Maine- not exactly a small town. Amzing how none of his predictions came true. :eusa_whistle:

The writer seems to be a very hate filled, partsian hack who lashes out in rage toward anyone who would dare disagree with him

I suspect he would accuse that person of attacking his patriotism and service to the country

I am not surprised none of the doom and gloom predictions did not happen, liberals run on emotion and seldom have a grip on reality

The writer seems to be a very hate filled, partsian hack who lashes out in rage toward anyone who would dare disagree with him

I suspect he would accuse that person of attacking his patriotism and service to the country

I am not surprised none of the doom and gloom predictions did not happen, liberals run on emotion and seldom have a grip on reality

Well I know who it is who wrote that, and he's a member here on this board, as well as DP, and JPP to mention a couple others.

Augusta's the capital of Maine- not exactly a small town. Amzing how none of his predictions came true. :eusa_whistle:

Augusta's population is about 24,000 people.

There are apartment complexes in New York where more people than that are standing right now waiting for an elevator.

They don't roll up the sidewalks at night in augusta because, generally speaking, they don't have sidewalks.

The author of your quoted post was a woman.

Last edited:
One thread with three of the biggest wingnuts in cyberspace: Glockmail, Red States Lost, and Pale Rider, too funny. And what are they discussing? An old letter from someone who is actually more politically astute than they are - as a mess we have - no one in their right mind (pun intended) would deny that. Greeting wingnuts, I see by your signatures you don't accept reality, but that is in keeping with your failures to understand or observe reality. LOL

One thread with three of the biggest wingnuts in cyberspace: Glockmail, Red States Lost, and Pale Rider, too funny. And what are they discussing? An old letter from someone who is actually more politically astute than they are - as a mess we have - no one in their right mind (pun intended) would deny that. Greeting wingnuts, I see by your signatures you don't accept reality, but that is in keeping with your failures to understand or observe reality. LOL

Thank you for recognizing me midcan5. I'm glad to know I've made enough of an impression on you so that you can't ignore me. Let's me know I've been doing my job, because I think liberals like you spew more garbage alone than any hundred conservatives put together.

You posted a link to a letter to the editor from somebody no one's ever heard of, in a small town newspaper in Augusta, Maine, from four years ago?

Man, you've got time on your hands if you're trolling the internets for obscure nonsense like that.

How'd those two votes for Bush work out for you? Still defending Bush Junior with every fiber of your being?

ROFL... BEAUTIFUL work Glock...

THis is the blue-print for the WHOLE of the ideological left's point of view and it was of course wrong then and it will be, as usual, proven wrong as history marches forward... BRILLIANT!

What is CLASSIC is this idiots rush to deny that this was the leftist position... Of course that is the nature of the left, to deny their failures... anyone can readily see that in the statements highlighted in my signature...

Of course that is the nature of the left, to deny their failures... anyone can readily see that in the statements highlighted in my signature...

Odd, I see no evidence that anyone is defending the article.

But you do see that, don't you?

Can you point me to any post where anyone was defending it in this thread?

Of course you can't.

Still...you see it.

Forum List

Back