$243 Million Dollars spent for a joy ride into space.What a waste.

LMAO!! I hate rich people? Jeez, you do love to paint people as you wish them to be, don't you?

Look, the typical trickle down economic that Reagan espoused has never worked for the overall economy.

But in this case, it did work. Those who designed the spacecraft did make money. So did all the support staff, those who built the spacecraft, and those who wrote the programs that controlled all the systems. And then it trickled down to the suppliers of the parts and materials.

As for me hating rich people, its funny that you quoted one post of mine, and then ignored the post right after it when I defended people's right to spend their own money the way they choose. In other words, defending rich people. You are so determined to be right that you will lie to make someone look a certain way so you can toss insults at them.

I don't hate rich people. And few progressives are as in favor of tax reform, a balanced budget, and a strong 2nd amendment as I am. So bite me, bitch.
Oh stop with bs...trickle down does work---Kennedy, Reagan and others have used it successful.

What is creation science? It's real science.

Science? No. It is a faith based belief. But it is not science.

Science? No. It is a faith based belief. But it is not science.
You don't know what you are talking about. Faith-based belief is evolution and evolutionary thinking. They believe in stuff like abiogenesis, aliens on other planets, humans came from monkeys and birds from dinosaurs, multiverses, the universe and Earth are billions of years old, etc. None of this is provable. They stole the idea of singularity from the Bible and have no explanation of why we are not pulled off our orbit from the gravity of the sun. They have no valid explanation for origins.

Creation science is real science. Christians had the the greatest scientists in the history of the world -- Creation scientists - creation.com. The used the Bible to guide them and discovered the science to back it up.

creationmuseum.org

Really? The "Creation Museum", at $40 bucks a head? Founded by an Aussie that believes that the planet is only 6,000 years old, and his books and beliefs are nutty in the extreme.

Like blaming the belief of Evolution for slavery. Rather funny, when it is realized that the Civil War started in 1861, and "On the Origin of Species" in 1859.

You are really endorsing an organization created by an ultra-fundamentalist? That almost begs for volunteers, yet on average makes over $18 million a year profit on its "museum"?

And gotta love their claims that god created dinosaurs, and they wandered along with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

You don't know what you are talking about. Faith-based belief is evolution and evolutionary thinking. They believe in stuff like abiogenesis, aliens on other planets, humans came from monkeys and birds from dinosaurs, multiverses, the universe and Earth are billions of years old, etc. None of this is provable. They stole the idea of singularity from the Bible and have no explanation of why we are not pulled off our orbit from the gravity of the sun. They have no valid explanation for origins.

Creation science is real science. Christians had the the greatest scientists in the history of the world -- Creation scientists - creation.com. The used the Bible to guide them and discovered the science to back it up.

First, let's clarify a few things.

Evolution science has nothing to do with abiogenesis.

Evolution science has nothing to do with aliens on other planets.

Evolution science does not say man came from monkeys. It says we had a common ancestor.

Evolution science has nothing to do with multiverses.

Creation science depends on a "miracle" in which all the many species appear by magic. There is nothing further from science than that.

And I never said it did. But both spent a lot of money on "public works", with the claim that spending money there would stimulate other parts of the economy.
Well, we are talking about trickle down here right. If you want to talk about money for infrastructure, I'm all for it.

Money simply given to people doesn't stimulate the economy like it does with money used in infrastructure as long as the infrastructure includes local high volume grocery stores, low cost housing, better public transportation, child care, etc so those who can work have a better opportunity of finding a job they can afford to even go to. That's sort of like the old saying, "...teach a person to fish..."
You really are not good at this "debate" thing, are you?
C'mon. You changed the context.

What is creation science? It's real science.

You want to hijack another thread to creation "science"? That is way out of context.
Please keep it in the religious section.

local high volume grocery stores, low cost housing, better public transportation, child care

Wait, housing? How is that the realm of the government?

SO tell me, do you think the government has the right to tell a private citizen what they can rent their property for? Housing costs are based upon a great many things, mostly the value of the land itself. Want affordable housing? The answer for that is actually amazingly simple.

Do not live in grossly overpriced megacities. There is a reason I stopped doing that decades ago, it is lunacy. When I could rent a 2 bedroom house in Alabama on $8 an hour, and in LA just a room in an apartment runs $800, then the problem is not "affordable housing". It is just that the cost of living in the megacities is broken. That is not the problem or fault of the Government, people need to move to where they can afford to live within their means.

Grocery stores? Really? You want the Government to get involved in the retail business now, also? Of course, it is of no help that most of them pulled out because of many things, including theft, taxes, and the cost of the land making them lose money. I have lived in a "food desert", have you? I have discussed this before in fact, and it is the state and local governments that are the most to blame here. I don't see how the Federal Government would help at all.

And Public Transportation. In most areas, that is actually private enterprise. And amazingly, almost all followed the same path. Private companies set up the systems, and run them for years. Then invariably, at some point the local Government steps in and takes over. LA, San Francisco, Boise, I have seen this over and over again. Funny, how often the service was better before the Government stepped in and took it over.

Child care? How in the hell is that the issue of the Government, or "infrastructure"? What next, that providing tires and air conditioning for the car is "critical" also? What you are saying is that you think the Government should basically take over everything. Transportation, retailers, and everything else.

Alright, Comrade.

Really? The "Creation Museum", at $40 bucks a head? Founded by an Aussie that believes that the planet is only 6,000 years old, and his books and beliefs are nutty in the extreme.

Like blaming the belief of Evolution for slavery. Rather funny, when it is realized that the Civil War started in 1861, and "On the Origin of Species" in 1859.

You are really endorsing an organization created by an ultra-fundamentalist? That almost begs for volunteers, yet on average makes over $18 million a year profit on its "museum"?

And gotta love their claims that god created dinosaurs, and they wandered along with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
It's about God's infallible word. The age of the Earth based on Biblical genealogy was in response to atheist scientists who tried to show the lie of millions of years old universe and Earth. Where have you been?

The blame for atheist science today starts with atheists James Hutton and Charles Lyell. They decided to exchange the truth for lies back in the 1850s. Then it went global with Charles Darwin who was taught by them. After that came Hitler and the Holocaust. No coicidence.

STOP CALLING ME FUNDAMENTAL, DICKHEAD. I am YEC. Do I call you a fag?

God did create dinosaurs and all the animals. Creation science explains all, but you've been brainwashed

You want to hijack another thread to creation "science"? That is way out of context.
Please keep it in the religious section.
It's not my fault that you have faith in lies. God said, "They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and ... and served created things rather than the Creator- who is forever praised ... Amen. They traded the truth about God for a lie. ..." Romans 1:25

How could the Bible know about such things as evolution and evolutionary thinking back then?

Finally, why do you attribute it all to me and not WinterBorn and Mushroom ? Anyway, back to the topic and it wasn't a waste as it comes from different funding. Maybe we should look at why social services spends so much money?

Last edited:
It's not my fault that you have faith in lies. God said, "They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and ... and served created things rather than the Creator- who is forever praised ... Amen. They traded the truth about God for a lie. ..." Romans 1:25

How could the Bible know about such things as evolution and evolutionary thinking back then?

STOP CALLING ME FUNDAMENTAL, DICKHEAD. I am YEC. Do I call you a fag?

*laughs*

You are aware that they are the same thing, right?

fun·da·men·tal·ism
/ˌfəndəˈmen(t)lˌizəm/
noun
a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.

Young Earth creationism (YEC) is a form of fundamentalist creationism which holds as a central tenet that the Earth and its lifeforms were created in their present forms by supernatural acts of the God of Abraham between approximately 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, as based upon some interpretations in the Bible.

So funny, you are screaming you are not a "fundamentalist", then screaming you are a fundamentalist.

Then you resort to insults. You do not know me, you know nothing about me. And I am being 100% accurate because "fundamentalist" is at the very core of being a YEC.

Forum List

Back