$243 Million Dollars spent for a joy ride into space.What a waste.

Improving the lives of the people in it comes to mind fairly easily.

The problem here is that you can try and improve the lives of people, but as humans we will probably end up doing something that makes it worse.

Giving people "free stuff" is not the way to make a functioning society. People need to be earning their money.

Having things that encourage small businesses, make things harder for larger businesses etc, is a way that can work. Some people are going to fail. And without that fear of failing, then some people will just simply just not bother.

The latest space EX joy ride into space $243 dollars spent so people can fly into space. Think of all the homes that could have been built for the homeless for $243 million dollars. What a waste.!!?

Think of all we could have done with the $Trillions wasted on the War on Terror.

SpaceEx is spending its its money which investors voluntarily provided. That isn't waste. Waste is our government ruining lives with bloated government programs, saddling future generations with crushing debt, inflation, and high taxes - all for the benefit of our Corruptocrat Elites. THAT IS WASTE.

Yea, you defended the rich, sarcastically.

Did you read post 25? I'm not the only one that took it that you hate the rich. You said that rich people's money trickles down to millionaires. You are wildly wrong.

I was not being sarcastic at all.

As for you and whomever thinking I hate the rich, I am responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for anyone's misinterpretation of what I say. I do not hate the rich at all. I am very distrustful of politicians who get rich making $175,000 a year. But that is a very different thing.

That is total bullshit, it has worked every time, until your dumbass political hacks get in office and tax the shit out of everyone. When the rich get richer, they spend more, cars, boat, airplanes, those who build those nice things get paid for their goods and services. In turn those buy cars, houses and clothes, thus in turn pay for their goods and services....Stupid fucks like you, only parrot what the prog masters demand that you say. That is called "Cult".

If you want to pretend that everyone else is an idiot and only you and your ilk have functioning brains, that is fine with me. But spare me all the "your dumbass political hacks" or the claims that I only parrot what progressives demand I say. It is complete and utter bullshit.

The latest space EX joy ride into space $243 dollars spent so people can fly into space. Think of all the homes that could have been built for the homeless for $243 million dollars. What a waste.!!?
This clown ^^^^^ has exactly TWO obsessions in life.

Why is it a waste.

How many high paying jobs were created getting the craft up? How many homes were built for all those workers? How many cars were sold? Kids sent to college? How many pools installed, boats bought, etc. How many jobs were created by all that work?

All those jobs and extended jobs are still productive, producing jobs, income, TAXES, homes and research.

Or, we could build 1,000 homes. Where? Who gets them? Who maintains them? Pays the property taxes.

Isn't the far-left giving away and plunging us deep enough in debt for you yet?

But how much of it trickled down to those not making a living wage?

How many that work for Space-X do not make a "living wage" do you think?

And if people want a living wage, then they should acquire skills that will let them make one. I have never had much pity for those that only had minimal wage type skills complaining. That was ultimately their choice, and nobody else's.

To the people designing and building the spacecraft. How many of those are millionaires?

Not many.

I have worked in the space industry, both Hughes and Boeing in their satellite divisions. I knew quite a few of the designers, they were not driving high end cars. What, do you think that is some kind of super-super high end paying position? Maybe the top end are making a payroll somewhere in the low 6 figures.

You really don't get this stuff, do you?

There are people throughout the world with no clean drinking water, no toilets, no electricity. My point is that $243 million dollars could have brought clean drinking water, and toilets to these people. I

About 2,000 years ago somebody said that there would always be poor.

And the amazing thing is, he was right. No matter how hard people have tried, there are still poor to this day. Now you want to give clean water and toilets to people, go ahead. But don't try to shame others to do so.

Depends on how you view the world, I guess.

Yes, we could spend money on people who aren't pulling their weight in society. What impact would that have on society?
It would make it better.

“people who aren't pulling their weight”…what? You really think this describes all poor people? If so, shame on you.

Not many.

I have worked in the space industry, both Hughes and Boeing in their satellite divisions. I knew quite a few of the designers, they were not driving high end cars. What, do you think that is some kind of super-super high end paying position? Maybe the top end are making a payroll somewhere in the low 6 figures.

You really don't get this stuff, do you?

Yes, I get this stuff. My point was that it is not millionaires designing and building the space craft.

It would make it better.

We have been doing it in this country for half a century now. Sure does not seem much better to me, for all the trillions of dollars we have spent on that.

True story, when I lived in Alabama I lived pretty good. Good paying job, and the cost of living was really low. I even got a second job delivering pizza. I did not need that job, I just took it because a friend was the manager and she was always begging me to work for her because most of her delivery drivers were flakes.

Now to give an idea, my rent there 15 years ago was $250 a month. And not for some ghetto dump, it was a nice place. Finding places even today for under $500 a month is not hard. Somebody could easily afford that on minimum wage.

Yet, we had housing projects. And driving in them, most of the cars were nicer than mine was. I could see in their homes when they took the food, and they almost always had flat screen TVs, 2 or more game consoles, and other things that were rather expensive. Yet, they lived in government housing. More than one even tried to pay with food stamps (this is right before they switched to cards). And if anything, seeing things like that made me realize how broken the system was. They were living better than I was, and I held down 2 jobs. Right now, there is absolutely no incentive to get off of the payouts, so why should anybody do it?

It would make it better.

“people who aren't pulling their weight”…what? You really think this describes all poor people? If so, shame on you.
You ask a question and then answer the question before even knowing what I might say.

We have been doing it in this country for half a century now. Sure does not seem much better to me, for all the trillions of dollars we have spent on that.

True story, when I lived in Alabama I lived pretty good. Good paying job, and the cost of living was really low. I even got a second job delivering pizza. I did not need that job, I just took it because a friend was the manager and she was always begging me to work for her because most of her delivery drivers were flakes.

Now to give an idea, my rent there 15 years ago was $250 a month. And not for some ghetto dump, it was a nice place. Finding places even today for under $500 a month is not hard. Somebody could easily afford that on minimum wage.

Yet, we had housing projects. And driving in them, most of the cars were nicer than mine was. I could see in their homes when they took the food, and they almost always had flat screen TVs, 2 or more game consoles, and other things that were rather expensive. Yet, they lived in government housing. More than one even tried to pay with food stamps (this is right before they switched to cards). And if anything, seeing things like that made me realize how broken the system was. They were living better than I was, and I held down 2 jobs. Right now, there is absolutely no incentive to get off of the payouts, so why should anybody do it?
No.

Drive around any major city in the richest nation in the world, and you will see lots homeless people living under bridges and in tents. A good sane society doesn’t allow this.

Get informed before posting.

So what. They never will. They exist on handouts. They produce nothing. If a kid in that situation comes to me and says hey, I need help getting an education so I can escape this rats nest, I will.

So should you.

That works. Your way never has.
So far since i have moved to Florida, i have given advice to a few people about investing in the stock market long term, where they can do dividend reinvestment to make themselves millionaires in 40 years. Yeah, 40 years, but since they are working anyway, why not pad their future income with those investments. I learned all about how to avoid paying progressive taxes, just by using the progressive tax loopholes, those progressives use.

No.

Drive around any major city in the richest nation in the world, and you will see lots homeless people living under bridges and in tents. A good sane society doesn’t allow this.

Get informed before posting.
1632056029822.png

Forum List

Back