225 year old Christopher Columbus statue vandalized

The government needs to vigorously investigate and prosecute these vandals

Well, he was a genocidal terrorist, but so was everyone else in those days. Frankly, I have never been able to get overly excited about Columbus one way or the other. I have always been bewildered why he had a day dedicated to him for discovering America. Not only did he never touched an American shore, he died still thinking that he was in the Orient. He was so disgraced by Spain that he became shipwrecked in the Caribbean during a hurricane because he was denied permission to a sheltered harbor because the King of Spain had forbidden him to step foot in a Spanish colony again.

upload_2017-8-21_23-50-24.jpeg

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

I think I'd be happy to vandalise his statue if I was descended from a first nation. It'd be a bit like an alumnus of Auschwitz, say, vandalising a Nazi statue.

He didn't discover America. It was never lost. So, for "tourists" to be the first...that would be the Vikings.

He didn't discover America. It was never lost. So, for "tourists" to be the first...that would be the Vikings.
Maybe. I had the impression the Asians who crossed the landbridge were the first to arrive carrying Kodaks and wearing loud shirts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back