$22.62 minimum wage!

If instead the federal minimum wage had grown at the same rate as one-percenter earnings, it would sit at $22.62 per hour today — 212 percent higher than the current wage floor.

More like $23.50/hr.

Where The Minimum Wage Would Be If The Top One Percent Didn't Leave Workers Behind

I heard once (no link) that the stock market investors are mostly the wealthy, yet Democrats tout the stock market as an Obama success.. It would follow then that Obama/Democrats support the wealthy yet are in denial or being, you know, hypocritical..

Why would anyone pay that amount for laborers with no skill and who are available by the tens of thousands?

You should move to Venezuela.

Most of the jobs created during the Obama years have been part-time and wages are in the decline..

We all know Obama/Democrat leadership are shills for the wealthy. At least Republicans seem willing to let the American people keep more of what's theirs in the first place.

Why would anyone pay that amount for laborers with no skill and who are available by the tens of thousands?

You should move to Venezuela.

I have been asking that for years when I saw how much TSA agents make.

Who said this?

"We stand for a living wage. Wages are subnormal if they fail to provide a living for those who devote their time and energy to industrial occupations. The monetary equivalent of a living wage varies according to local conditions, but must include enough to secure the elements of a normal standard of living--a standard high enough to make morality possible, to provide for education and recreation, to care for immature members of the family, to maintain the family during periods of sickness, and to permit of reasonable saving for old age."

Who said this?

"We stand for a living wage. Wages are subnormal if they fail to provide a living for those who devote their time and energy to industrial occupations. The monetary equivalent of a living wage varies according to local conditions, but must include enough to secure the elements of a normal standard of living--a standard high enough to make morality possible, to provide for education and recreation, to care for immature members of the family, to maintain the family during periods of sickness, and to permit of reasonable saving for old age."

Sounds like Adam Smith.

I heard once (no link) that the stock market investors are mostly the wealthy
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Approx 47% of Americans own shares of stock either directly or in mutual funds, so unless you consider most of that 47% to be wealthy most investors are not.

However the wealthy do own most of the stock, the top 1% has approx 35% of all stocks owned.

Who said this?

Norman Thomas?

Redistribution: The only system that comes with a 100% Fail Guarantee and so far, it's worked perfectly every time and every place its been implemented

Why should a CEO be allowed to make 360 times that of the average serf?

If, in the employment marketplace, that's what the owners of a company are willing to pay to get what they consider the best candidate for the position, why is it your business?

Forum List

Back