2021 Ford Bronco

Anyone else been looking at these and seriously considering buying one? I'm looking at the Big Bend edition, really don't need it built for off road, did that to my 1997 Wrangler (3.5 Black Diamond lift, Detroit Trutrac in rear diff. (limited slip) as well as 33" tires and regeared to 3.73 from 4.10, all that and barely got it dirty, worried about scratching it ) and this one is only for on road use. Dealer has one for 34K.

Having just received a large inheritance, I put in my order for one last October. At the time, and for nearly all of the year since, I had more than enough to pay for it outright.

Alas, my wife had a serious medical crisis, a few months ago, which proved very expensive. After waiting more than a year, my Bronco is finally scheduled to be built around the end of this month, but now, we've gone from being able to pay for it outright to wondering if we're going to be able to make financing work for the portion that we won't be able to pay.

Mine (which now will be built regardless of whether or not I end up being the one to actually buy it) is going to be a Badlands with the 2.7-litrer V6, and the Lux package.

1668292337249.png

I originally wanted a hard top, but at the time I placed my initial order, my dealer advised me that the hard top was subject to supply constraints, which would greatly delay my wait, so I went with the soft top, instead. Since then, Ford still has not managed to solve both the supply issues and the quality issues that have plagued the hard top.

I chose not to order the Sasquatch package, as I figured that even without it, the off-road capabilities of this vehicle will far exceed my needs. The Badlands trim already includes most of the important features that the Sasquatch package adds to lesser trims, so all it would get me is bigger tires and a taller suspension, which I figure would be somewhat detrimental to handling and performance on paved roads, and poorer gas mileage; and since 99% of my driving would be on roads, it seemed like a poor tradeoff for me. A typical commute for me would be anywhere up to 80 miles on the freeway, and several hundred feet on bad terrain.

So, now, it is in question whether I'll be able to afford this or not. It's about a $57K vehicle, and I am looking at being able to put about $30 down on it. If it doesn't work out, then I will probably buy something used, based on what it is determined that I can afford. Probably a Jeep Wrangler. I do know that one way or another, my current compact sedan really is not suitable for my current needs. I need something that can handle the rough terrain over which I have to drive getting in and out of most construction sites, without me having to be afraid that I will break it, or get it stuck.

I checked one out at the Mecum Collector Car Auction in Kissimmee back in January:

View attachment 461201

I dunno', I can't say I was impressed by it enough to want one...

That's not a real Bronco. Ford calls that the “Bronco Sport”, it's a totally different vehicle from the real Bronco, in spite of having the Bronco name, and some of the Bronco features grafted on to it. It's basically just an off-road-themed version of the Escape.

And get this: Unless you buy the top-of-the-line version, you only get a THREE CYLINDER ENGINE, 1.5 liters; the Badlands trim gets a 2.0-liter four-cylinder. The real Bronco gives you a choice between a 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine, or a 2.7-liter V6.

The “Bronco Sport” is about as inferior to the real Bronco, as any Canon camera would be to a Nikon.

Last edited:
So, now, it is in question whether I'll be able to afford this or not. It's about a $57K vehicle, and I am looking at being able to put about $30 down on it. If it doesn't work out, then I will probably buy something used, based on what it is determined that I can afford. Probably a Jeep Wrangler. I do know that one way or another, my current compact sedan really is not suitable for my current needs. I need something that can handle the rough terrain over which I have to drive getting in and out of most constr uction sites, without me having to be afraid that I will break it, or get it stuck.
That's an awesome setup and the price would be about perfect for me if I were to buy one (i.e., the maximum I would spend for the type of vehicle I want) and I would not have been able to afford the down payment you are talking about putting down. Sorry to hear about your medical bills, as those are awful, now matter the amount, but a $30k down payment, and financing less than half of the price (before taxes/fees) is the about the best way you can finance a new vehicle (short of paying for it outright).

I hope you can get it, and if you can't, then I hope you can find what you want used. The amount financed for this vehicle is excellent, that's a great way to get this. I hope you do, if in doubt, go for it and drive it home.

Its like whoever designed this, asked a bunch of wrangler owners what their beef was with their vehicles, and the guy fixed that. It can even climb better than the wrangler!
Ah, how Jeeps have improved though!

Self tapping screws, plastic snorkel tubes,.. What's not to love? :auiqs.jpg:

I've seen several on the road. They are SMALL!!!!

Nothing more than a Ford Escape with a different shaped body shell.

Again, that's not the real Bronco. Ford has something out that it is calling the “Bronco Sport”, which is a totally different and inferior vehicle to the real Bronco. It's basically just an Escape with the Bronco name and some of the Bronco features grafted on to it.

The real Bronco look like this:

1668957084944.png

There's also a two-door version:

1668957145691.png

The Escape-based fake Bronco, AKA the “Bronco Sport”, looks like this:

1668957202529.png

Again, that's not the real Bronco. Ford has something out that it is calling the “Bronco Sport”, which is a totally different and inferior vehicle to the real Bronco. It's basically just an Escape with the Bronco name and some of the Bronco features grafted on to it.

The real Bronco look like this:

View attachment 728701

There's also a two-door version:

View attachment 728702

The Escape-based fake Bronco, AKA the “Bronco Sport”, looks like this:

View attachment 728703

Yep, thats them alright.
Dinky, tiny, and still heinously over priced.

Forum List

Back