2020 Hall of Fame nominees

Pat Benatar has a set of pipes on her and deserves a nod

The Doobie Brothers yes. Michael MacDonald no

It might be too soon for Soundgarden

Personally I don't think any rapper should be in the rock and roll hall of fame

Last edited:
Always wanted to hang out with Depeche Mode so they get my sorry ass vote that doesn't count.

Pat Benatar has a set of pipes on her and deserves a nod

The Doobie Brothers yes. Michael MacDonald no

It might be too soon for Soundgarden

Personally I don't think any rapper should be in the rock and roll hall of fame
No they shouldn't be... the same as you will never see Judas Priest in the R&B HoF...

Is there an article or literature anywhere describing the decision to add Rappers to the RRHOF?

From that list I would take the Doobie Brothers, Judas Priest ,Whitney Houston ,
T-Rex and thin Lizzy.

My own picks .....Iron Maiden,Judas Priest, Jethro Tully, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio......Scorpions should be listed too.

Last edited:
Jethro Tull and King Crimson both should have been in the Hall a LONG time ago. The Hall is mostly a joke, reserved for popular musicians and groups, NOT the most talented ones.

T-Rex should most certainly be in. A lot of people don't recall all the hits they had in the 70's but the rock hall should. Then the influence Bolin had on Bowie, Mott the Hoople, NY Dolls etc should have had T-Rex in long ago.

Rundgren should be in also.........not just for his music but for his producing.

T-Rex should most certainly be in. A lot of people don't recall all the hits they had in the 70's but the rock hall should. Then the influence Bolin had on Bowie, Mott the Hoople, NY Dolls etc should have had T-Rex in long ago.

Rundgren should be in also.........not just for his music but for his producing.
I agree especially about T-rex..... they were one of the bands in the 60s that made rock and roll cool. Humble Pie, Steppenwolf, .....

Forum List

Back