2014 National Hamburger Festival

Jughead

VIP Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hamburger Central
The weekend of August 9th, Akron, Ohio will be hosting the National Hamburger Festival.

Dates:Saturday August 9th 12-11pm
Sunday August 10th 12-7pm

What a great event! My kind of event! :)

Lots of fun and games like hamburger eating contest, bobbing for burgers, miss hamburger contest, dance contest and a kids activity tent.

As they do every year, eateries will compete for the best hamburger.

National Hamburger Festival | Akron Ohio

Uuummm, I'll have to host my own National Hamburger Festival. We'll have a judging contest, I'll be the judge........
Okay, everyone sign up here, Bring your best burgers!

Here in west Michigan, Grand Rapids area, is the only place I've ever heard folks refer to a hamburg instead of a hamburger. It's not everyone but some say it and a few restaurants have a 'Hamburgs' section on the menu.

And once I saw a documentary on the tube about former presidnet Gerry Ford, a GR native, talking about someone who came to visit him after he was out of office and he mentioned they had lunch together, hamburgs.

Anyone know if that term is used elsewhere?

Here in west Michigan, Grand Rapids area, is the only place I've ever heard folks refer to a hamburg instead of a hamburger. It's not everyone but some say it and a few restaurants have a 'Hamburgs' section on the menu.

And once I saw a documentary on the tube about former presidnet Gerry Ford, a GR native, talking about someone who came to visit him after he was out of office and he mentioned they had lunch together, hamburgs.

Hey how's the roads around GR? We're headed to Traverse City tomorrow.

Aside from Grand Rapids, I'm not aware of any other area that still refers to hamburgers as hamburgs. In the 1800's, immigrants to the United States from Germany brought with them the Hamburg Steak. It eventually evolved to what is now known as the hamburger. The hamburg steak was named after the German city of Hamburg. Residents of Hamburg are referred to as Hamburgers. :)

Germany.........

Haven't a clue, I was only born in MI, thank God my dad joined the military........ :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Roads are fine today, but I dunno what the overnight and tomorrow forecasts are.

The weekend of August 9th, Akron, Ohio will be hosting the National Hamburger Festival.

Dates:Saturday August 9th 12-11pm
Sunday August 10th 12-7pm

What a great event! My kind of event! :)

Lots of fun and games like hamburger eating contest, bobbing for burgers, miss hamburger contest, dance contest and a kids activity tent.

As they do every year, eateries will compete for the best hamburger.

National Hamburger Festival | Akron Ohio

My kind of event to, wish I could be there :lol:

They use Catsup. Need to wear a bib so as not to get catsup all over your shirt

At mine they're gonna be bobbin' in beer..... Okay, who's bringing the beer? And no Scuzweiser!!!!
Wonder how that would taste? Burgers soaked in beer, the idea has possibilities!

Beer Hamburger Recipes | Yummly

I've had beer and butter burgers before. The burgers were fried up and soaked in a mix of heated beer and butter.

Forum List

Back