2012 - Republicans Shouldn't Get to Confident

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Not much will change my vote, mainly because of cap and trade and immigration, but the Republicans shouldn't get too confident. Things can change.

Things can change a lot in 2 years. Imagine this:
(1) Economy rebounds and unemployment goes under 5%
(2) Iran signs a deal and becomes nuke free
(3) The electric car takes off and oil prices decrease
(4) I and P sign a peace agreement and peace is achieved
(5) Troops pull out of Iraq (he will get credit and applause)
(6) OBL is captured
(7) No amnesty bill is signed or presented
(8) There is hope in afghanistan
(9) No bad effects of the healthcare bill are seen (yet!)!
(10) The deficit goes down (that would take a lot)

Imagine if all these things are even a few combined with #1 (heck even #1) happens, then Obama is assured a victory!

Not much will change my vote, mainly because of cap and trade and immigration, but the Republicans shouldn't get too confident. Things can change.

With all the Spending and Inflation, I doubt it...

That's silly, Iran isn't gonna sign no deal, they are out to be like N.Korea, a lot of Threats but nothing to back it up since they know they'd get shit on by NATO.

How does that make Republicans less likely to win in '12?

Electric cars are a nice idea and all, but i prefer a car with some Testosterone, not a pansy electric car.

I &P?

At first maybe, but without our Troops there until we know Iraq has a reliable Police Force and Army It would go back to hell..

(6) OBL is captured

That would be great honestly.. Don't care who catches him, the people being credited for that should be the Military, CIA and the Folks who Captured him..

Good.

Even better. With the Surge Obama promised I have hope about Afghanistan.

Too early to say, sure I agreed on a couple things on it, so I really could care less..

look at #1

Imagine if all these things are even a few combined with #1 (heck even #1) happens, then Obama is assured a victory!

That's Debatable.. But yes it would look on his Record.

(1) Economy rebounds and unemployment goes under 5% Economy will rebound but unemployment will not be close to 5%
(2) Iran signs a deal and becomes nuke free Could happen, also the internal strife could stabilize
(3) The electric car takes off and oil prices decrease We would not see the impact for 10 years
(4) I and P sign a peace agreement and peace is achieved Could very well happen
(5) Troops pull out of Iraq (he will get credit and applause) Will happen
(6) OBL is captured More likely killed or disappears
(7) No amnesty bill is signed or presented There will be no amnesty
(8) There is hope in afghanistan One way or the other, we will be getting out by 2012
(9) No bad effects of the healthcare bill are seen (yet!)! There will be no negatives in 2012, it will be tweaked over the next 5 years
(10) The deficit goes down (that would take a lot) Not a chance

(11) Cuba and N Korea could be diplomatic breakthroughs

Great Post! All I am saying is conservatives (who I usually vote for) shouldn't get to comfortable and lose sight on the important things.

With all the Spending and Inflation, I doubt it...

That's silly, Iran isn't gonna sign no deal, they are out to be like N.Korea, a lot of Threats but nothing to back it up since they know they'd get shit on by NATO.

How does that make Republicans less likely to win in '12?

Electric cars are a nice idea and all, but i prefer a car with some Testosterone, not a pansy electric car.

I &P?

At first maybe, but without our Troops there until we know Iraq has a reliable Police Force and Army It would go back to hell..

That would be great honestly.. Don't care who catches him, the people being credited for that should be the Military, CIA and the Folks who Captured him..

Good.

Even better. With the Surge Obama promised I have hope about Afghanistan.

Too early to say, sure I agreed on a couple things on it, so I really could care less..

look at #1

That's Debatable.. But yes it would look on his Record.

I'm not getting confident. But I don't expect the economy to get better. Quite the opposite. These policies just don't support economic growth. We can only sustain so much debt before everything collapses.

But you're right Republicans shouldn't get confident. It's much better if we stay humble.

(6) OBL is captured

I'm never confident of anything positive happening with this corrupt administration in office. They have no boundaries.....

I'm not getting confident. But I don't expect the economy to get better. Quite the opposite. These policies just don't support economic growth. We can only sustain so much debt before everything collapses.

But you're right Republicans shouldn't get confident. It's much better if we stay humble.

I agree.

I doubt the economy or jobs are going to do any changing before Nov but a lot can happen between now and 2012.

The Reps shouldn't take anything for granted or think they are going to sweep anything.

I also think that a lot of the ire out there is against encumbants of both parties.

Will have to see how that plays our or if it plays out.

(6) OBL is captured

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas.

Rick

(6) OBL is captured

I'm never confident of anything positive happening with this corrupt administration in office. They have no boundaries.....

Thats what the GOP is going to have to respond to in 2012. The GOP has no accomplishments that they can speak of. If they want their campaign to be centered around...

"Nothing positive happend with this corrupt administration"....Good luck to them

Please don't leave out the impact that the Tea party is having on the GOP. The relationship began as a love fest but has, and will continue to deteriate. I really do not see either side compromising in their battles.

2012?

Not terribly important at the moment.
It's all about 2010 kids.

If 2010 goes as planned, 2012 will most likely prove a "status quo" election, which is fine. Power will be split, things will progress much more slowly on the government side, and private industry will finally have a chance to get moving again.

If Obama is kicked to the curb in 2012, that's just bonus pay...

And Obama could experience an apotheosis and become a deity.
Yeah. Right.

More likely:

The economy experiences a double dip when Europe has defaults and CA, NY, and MI all default on their debt
Unemployment goes to over 10%
al Qaeda or some other miscreant stages a terrorist attack in the U.S.
Karzai defects to the Taliban and orders U.S. troops out
Iran explodes a nuclear warhead and makes threatening moves to Israel

It's too early. That's two and a half years away, which is an eternity in politics.

I remember people saying the same thing about Clinton about this time in his first term, and he steamrolled the Republicans in 1996.

It's too early. That's two and a half years away, which is an eternity in politics.

I remember people saying the same thing about Clinton about this time in his first term, and he steamrolled the Republicans in 1996.

And I remember George Bush looked like a shoe-in 9 months ahead of the election.

Obama still has the majority acceptance of minorities in the polls. The big picture looks bad now but there is still time to bring out the water wings and float. Depends on how many of the crises blow up and become catastrophes.

Obama still has the majority acceptance of minorities in the polls.

Hmmm.. "acceptance of the majority of minorities" sounds like a perfect McGovern storm to me, umbrellas anyone? :lol:

Obama still has the majority acceptance of minorities in the polls.

Hmmm.. "acceptance of the majority of minorities" sounds like a perfect McGovern storm to me, umbrellas anyone? :lol:

McGovern? :lol: That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there mips. We've got enough problems nowadays; let's not recall other terrors of days gone by.

McGovern? :lol: That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there mips.

Correct! but I've found wallowing in past political disasters is much more tolerable than dealing with the present political realities....... :tongue:

McGovern? :lol: That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there mips.

Correct! but I've found wallowing in past political disasters is much more tolerable than dealing with the present political realities....... :tongue:

A little avoidance once in awhile is a good thing. Prevents one from tearing their hair out and running around in circles. There are some real doozies now, that's for sure. And to recall how much more calm things were with Bush. Sure there was Iraq, but states were not rebelling and the whole ball of wax didn't seem to be melting on the floor.

Forum List

Back