2010 Penny

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Here's what the reverse of the new penny looks like. No more Lincoln Memorial pennies. Unless they quit making the pennies, which costs more than a penny to make, this is what the back of the penny will look like from now on. The US Mint released them for circulation today so you will start seeing them pop up in your change before much longer.

count-dracula-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1561-2010-penny-unc-rev.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I have a coin collection. Indian head cents and the big ol penneys.

I have a big coin collection too. Collecting coins is the bomb.

OHH I will give you the honors for the biggest:)

I just have a couple of quart jars full of old coins. Mostly old silver ones, I think I have a fair condition 1911 (d)? Mercury dime.
As I recall last time I checked about 20 years ago that was likely my most valuable one. Most are just interesting and slightly valuable. I was always partial to the standing/walking liberty coins.

I am giving them to my Baby sister as she seems interested in coin collecting.

I have a lot of copins that I have collected and purchased through the years. I had 2 complete penny collections complete with 1909-S vdb, and the 1931-S. Had them in a safe, and some illegals broke in and stole the damn safe. They caught the mexicans, and got my safe back...but the collections were gone.
I keep the coins in a safe deposit box now. I have mostly PCGS graded silver dollars.

I have a lot of copins that I have collected and purchased through the years. I had 2 complete penny collections complete with 1909-S vdb, and the 1931-S. Had them in a safe, and some illegals broke in and stole the damn safe. They caught the mexicans, and got my safe back...but the collections were gone.
I keep the coins in a safe deposit box now. I have mostly PCGS graded silver dollars.

When my grandfather passed away, he left behind several fruit cake tins full of coins. A lot of very old pennies and nickles, including a couple of very nice 1909S-VDBs. My brother is the keeper of the collection - and he'd better not lose it!

They should do away with pennies, and instead make nickles they are scored into 5ths. That way, whenever something needed a penny, you would just grab a nickle and break it into pieces over the corner of a counter or something.

But everyone would have to have special files to help smooth out the sharp edges of the nickel fragments.

Huh, interesting. An art deco throwback it feels like. goes well with the Soviet Style logo work that P-BO is fond of.

How did you know there were'nt fruit cakes in those tins? The things weigh as much.

We opened them.

:)

My brother and I had a lot of fun sorting and cataloging all of the coins.

No it doesn't. The Wheat Penny is perfectly American.

Farmers contributed a great deal to the founding and development of the United States.

Huh, interesting. An art deco throwback it feels like. goes well with the Soviet Style logo work that P-BO is fond of.

What about it looks Soviet?

I see no wheat.

This one looks more Soviet:

wheatpenny.jpg
Naw, the wheat penny is more towards classic American Populism. The only thing Art Deco is the font (a Mucha or Frank Lloyd Wright borrowed style), which of course, was popular when this penny was minted.

How did you know there were'nt fruit cakes in those tins? The things weigh as much.

Indeed, with the threat of global warming I think we should look into the possibility of enriching fruit cakes as a non-carbon intensive fuel source.

Forum List

Back