$200 Crude, the Economic Crisis of 2020 , and Policies to Prevent Catastrophe

There is no way an arbitrary limit set by the IMO is going to cause $200 or even $100 a barrel oil. They have no sanction authority for one thing and ships can have "scrubbers" installed that bring emissions into compliance. Refiners will have a lot of work to produce compliant fuel but that alarmist who wrote the paper is full of it.

• Banned
There is no way an arbitrary limit set by the IMO is going to cause $200 or even $100 a barrel oil. They have no sanction authority for one thing and ships can have "scrubbers" installed that bring emissions into compliance. Refiners will have a lot of work to produce compliant fuel but that alarmist who wrote the paper is full of it.

Myself; I have no idea as this is all new to me. I understand the PDF is lengthy (38 pages) and most folks aren't gonna spend the amount of time it takes to read 38 pages of gibberish.
I want draw the conclusions you draw; as I said, I have no idea.
I'm attempting to learn something so, I will fore go any conclusion(s) at this point.

Sulphur 2020 – cutting sulphur oxide emissions

http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/HotTopics/GHG/Documents/2020 sulphur limit FAQ 2018.pdf

MARPOL 73/78 - Wikipedia

God I hope so. I own the MLPs big time!

you want global food shortages & economic collapse?
Toro is the boards George Soros.
Toro is the boards conservative money man. Conservative like Bill Buckley, David Brooks, and George Will. People I have respect for. Not a 'Conservative', so you poor deplorables cannot stand him. Wealth with intellect seems to deeply offend both the far right and the far left.

God I hope so. I own the MLPs big time!

you want global food shortages & economic collapse?
Toro is the boards George Soros.
Toro is the boards conservative money man. Conservative like Bill Buckley, David Brooks, and George Will. People I have respect for. Not a 'Conservative', so you poor deplorables cannot stand him. Wealth with intellect seems to deeply offend both the far right and the far left.

David Brooks is as Conservative as Jake Starkey is Republican.

You think I'm offended by wealth? You're really not too bright

Toro is fun, I like her shtick.

Is the planet ready for the 2020 IMO mandated 'low sulphur' fuels for the maritime shipping industry?

https://www.pkverlegerllc.com/assets/documents/180704200CrudePaper.pdf

Will low sulphur fuel demands cause global food shortages, and economic collapse?
Uh huh. Back in the 70's I was told that we were entering a new ice age. By now we were all supposed to be living in igloos. Scientists said so. Then they changed it to global warming. Now they use a generic term of climate change so their bases are covered depending on whichever way the current beliefs are leaning. Your report and 10 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

Is the planet ready for the 2020 IMO mandated 'low sulphur' fuels for the maritime shipping industry?

Will low sulphur fuel demands cause global food shortages, and economic collapse?
Uh huh. Back in the 70's I was told that we were entering a new ice age. By now we were all supposed to be living in igloos. Scientists said so. Then they changed it to global warming. Now they use a generic term of climate change so their bases are covered depending on whichever way the current beliefs are leaning. Your report and 10 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

First off, it is NOT, "my report."

Second, I asked questions; you know why? Because I'm not a f***ing 'know it all' like you are.

Second, I asked questions; you know why? Because I'm not a f***ing 'know it all' like you are.
Thank you for confirming my superior intellect. Go outside and play now.

wasn't confirming any intellect; I was confirming that you are an asshole. That's all.

wasn't confirming any intellect; I was confirming that you are an asshole. That's all.
But you said I knew it all. That was confirmation. Thank you. Go outside and play.

Forum List

Back