20 Ideas To Live By

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Courtesy of the late Dr. Wayne Dyer

All of these act independently of your finances, your politics, or anything else that are major influences in your life.

1. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”

2. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.”

3. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”

4. “With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”

5. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”

6. "When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.”

7. "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”

8. "Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are empowers you.”

9. "How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.”

10. "You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”

11. "Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”

12. "There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”

13. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.'”

14. "The fact that you are willing to say, 'I do not understand, and it is fine,' is the greatest understanding you could exhibit."

15. "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."

16. "You may have convinced yourself that giving is impossible because you have too little for yourself. If you are not generous when it is difficult, you will not be generous when it is easy. Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet."

17. "It’s never crowded along the extra mile."

18. "Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be."

19. "When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace."

20. "When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside."

All of these act independently of your finances, your politics, or anything else that are major influences in your life.

1. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”

2. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.”

3. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”

4. “With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”

5. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”

6. "When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.”

7. "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”

8. "Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are empowers you.”

9. "How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.”

10. "You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”

11. "Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”

12. "There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”

13. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.'”

14. "The fact that you are willing to say, 'I do not understand, and it is fine,' is the greatest understanding you could exhibit."

15. "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."

16. "You may have convinced yourself that giving is impossible because you have too little for yourself. If you are not generous when it is difficult, you will not be generous when it is easy. Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet."

17. "It’s never crowded along the extra mile."

18. "Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be."

19. "When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace."

20. "When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside."
I like #2, #4, #17 and #18 the best. Nice post.:)

1. Life is not fair.

2. No one is exempt from death.

3. Physics rules the universe and biology rules life.

4. The universe does not care.

5. The only constant in life is change.

6. There is always a choice.

7. Wishing never makes it so.

8. A person can't exceed their limits.

9. A person is responsible for their own happiness.

10. It is impossible to change the character of another.

1. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.” To an extent.

2. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.” To an extent.

3. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” Absolutely.

4. “With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” Wait till you find out you have a late diagnosed metastatic cancer.

5. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” Absolutely.

6. "When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.” Nothing arrives in your life unless you go get it, or your mommy is rich.

7. "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” Same point as number 5.

8. "Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are empowers you.” No, standing against depravity does not make you weak, standing against evil does not make you weak, and standing against stupidity makes a person better.

9. "How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.” Karma, is in peoples imagination.

10. "You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” A person can like themself and still be lonely.

11. "Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.” I will think of an answer to this one later, right now i am too busy enjoying myself.

12. "There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.” I love baseball, but I couldn't hit a fastball after 10 years of trying so no team will pay me to play.

13. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.'” But I like some of my old habits and don't want to leave them behind.

14. "The fact that you are willing to say, 'I do not understand, and it is fine,' is the greatest understanding you could exhibit." You have never been married or spent a long time living with a woman have you?

15. "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." If I see someone beating a homeless person, or pissing on my car, I judge them to soon have a broken nose and will accept whatever definition a someone wants to give me.

16. "You may have convinced yourself that giving is impossible because you have too little for yourself. If you are not generous when it is difficult, you will not be generous when it is easy. Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet." This is not true at all.

17. "It’s never crowded along the extra mile." Absolutely true.

18. "Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be." Thats the same as saying its okay if my neighbor beats up all the old men on the block. (I won't accept that just because it doesn't happen to me so I can have peace)

19. "When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace." You can be kind to Xi or Putin or any of their minions if you choose, I will not, and I think I am right to do so. They will not be kind to you or anyone else you know.

20. "When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside." Yep, if you squeeze a can of whoop azz, that's what you are going to get. Don't squeeze and nothing comes out.
My answers are in bold. Click on the click icon.

Last edited:
1. Life is not fair.

2. No one is exempt from death.

3. Physics rules the universe and biology rules life.

4. The universe does not care.

5. The only constant in life is change.

6. There is always a choice.

7. Wishing never makes it so.

8. A person can't exceed their limits.

9. A person is responsible for their own happiness.

10. It is impossible to change the character of another.

With regards to number 10, will someone please explain that to every woman on this planet.

Forum List

Back