"2 Payments Bug" With Credit Cards

Bear12feet

Aug 14, 2011
I think world people must have lost multi-million dollars because of software errors, bugs, human errors while financial transactions. Forget massive frauds and scams. The total money adds up to world economy.

Some years back, I had "2 payments bug" problem with my credit card issued by ICICI bank India. The same amount transactions took place twice within 2 seconds. I was forced by ICICI to pay twice the amount for my credit card payments so I closed my ICICI bank account and now I have HSBC bank account and there is no problem since HSBC has conservative approach and they are highly professional but I rarely use credit cards.

I do not know whether the "2 payments bug" still exists with credit cards. Just wanted to warn people here since if somebody makes a big payment for their credit card and they are asked to pay twice the amount then it will be great financial loss.

Did anyone here had similar "2 payments bug" problem because people in other countries have also had this problems.

Some bank employees do not understand simple language inspite of all the facts and information provided to them. They just need money so that their company earns profits and their targets are achieved.

Employees of many banks are not educated properly and they do not know how to help people and solve their problems. So it is important that the bank you are dealing with, have qualified and helpful employees. I think ICICI bank has employee problems.

The banks will be very strict when there is duplicate big payments because the banks will not want to lose big money also. So be careful when there is big payments.

Example 1:

Time: 11.00:01 $1000

Time: 11.00:01 $1000 (duplicate/bug)

Example 2:

Time: 12.00:01 $2000

Time: 12.00:02 $2000 (duplicate/bug)

I think it is not possible to make 2 payments with 1 second difference.

I am not scaring anybody. Just providing information.

Reply from employee of disputes department of a bank

It is possible for payments to be made seconds apart, it's usually a system error rather than human error. It happens every single day to someone somehwere, it's not unusual. I work in the disputes department of a bank and can guarantee speaking to at least 3 customers every day regarding duplicated transactions. They're always corrected either by the bank or the retailer, the customer never has to pay for the second transaction. To say that banks do this for profit and that bank staff are not trained is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back