2 Oklahoma Officers Charged With Murder

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Two former Oklahoma police officers have been charged with first-degree manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a man in December while responding to a 911 call of an alleged protective order violation. District Attorney Kyle Cabelka on Friday charged ex-Lawton Officers Robert Hinkle, 30, and Nathan Ronan, 29, in the death of Quadry Sanders, 29, The Oklahoman reported. Body camera footage shows Sanders appeared from around a refrigerator, his hands were visible and he appeared to be holding a ball cap, which he moved from his right hand to his left. Sanders then moved partially behind the refrigerator. Sanders wasn’t armed, Cabelka said. Hinkle shot four times at Sanders, who appeared to have his right hand raised above his head before falling to the ground. Sanders sat up with his hands above his head. Hinkle then fired seven more times. Ronan also fired four times at Sanders, according to Cabelka, bringing the total number of shots fired at Sanders to 15. Cabelka said no weapon was found on Sanders nor in the area where he was shot."

https _cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_220510180005-ronan-nathan-robert-hinkle-split.jpg

Why were police called to the house?? Because Sanders allegedly was the subject of a restraining order in which he was in violation of. Sanders was at the home of the person he was ordered to stay away from and refused to let that person leave....Ultimately, she was allowed to exit the home...Sanders attempted to leave the home from the backdoor....which is the point where you see the footage start recording from... he was ordered to show his hands, which he did....etc, etc, etc.....Now, this Sanders guy may very well be a bad guy....an abuser, everything under the sun.....but I don't see how this shooting can be considered justified....and to add injury to insult, you shoot the guy 4 or 5 more times after you have already shot him..and you shoot him because he had the audacity to raise his hands? Like yall have been asking him to do the whole time??

On the bright side, the cop who fired the majority of the fatal shots is a black guy -- so maybe, just maybe -- the "the police are always justified" folks will be willing to call this for what it is...an un-justifiable murder at the hands of trigger happy cops...trigger happy cops who do a disservice to not only their own community, but the community of police officers around the country who go to work and do the right thing day in and day out.......but if there is a justification for this; I am interested to see what that justification is.....because just being a bad guy is not a justification in my mind.....

On the bright side, the cop who fired the majority of the fatal shots is a black guy -- so maybe, just maybe -- the "the police are always justified" folks will be willing to call this for what it is...an un-justifiable murder at the hands of trigger happy cops..
Yep, expect a 180 from the usual suspects. If the victim was white, they'd be arguing for the death penalty.

They weren't charged with murder, they were charged with manslaughter. Maybe the system works in this case but who do we see when a federal Cop killed an unarmed woman who posed no threat on Jan 6?

Oklahoma is an interesting place. I like it very much. There's a lot of good people here. REAL people. Genuine, warm and friendly people, they actually wish you a good morning, as distinct from the fucktards in LA who make it a point to look at the sidewalk as they're passing by.

There's some very bad people here too. We have meth, y'know ... and all the stuff that goes with it. The police here are pretty serious. The State Troopers are REALLY serious, I wouldn't mess with any of em. Mostly they expect us to protect ourselves (and mostly we do that, and the laws here mostly let us do that).

Plus we have our share of plain old hooliganism, there's Indian reservations nearby that don't get policed much, there's a college a few miles away... y'know... college kids...

Meh ... we have two and a half acres in paradise, there's a little stream out back with real live fish in it (big ones, you can eat em), I just hang out here with the wife and kids and tune the rest of the world out. :)

This is why I'm not very quick to criticize officer in the Ulvade hostage crisis.

If officers had been authorized to enter the school to seek the hostage taker and remove the threat and, in the course of that search, came across a student or a staff member with something indistinguishable in their hands, and shot said student or staff member, they might have a reasonable defense against subsequent criminal charges or law suits. They could argue that those in-charge were aware of the risks of sending non-tactically trained police officers into a tactical situation, but ignored those risks and sent the officers in anyway with orders to find the hostage taker and shoot him.

If officers had gone into the school against the orders of their higher ups and an accidental shooting occurred, those officers would be thrown under the bus so hard it would have cracked the pavement.

Every anti-police group in the world would have demanded their blood and, as we have seen, the leadership is often willing to give them the police officer's blood to avoid violent protests.

Same thing here. As much as the OP's article uses the weasel word "alleged". The fact is, these officers entered a hostage situation that was simultaneously a family violence situation ... these combined situations are documented to be the most likely to involve the death of the hostage.

Officers were sent too quickly into a hazardous situation and will probably end up paying the price for it.

This is why I'm not very quick to criticize officer in the Ulvade hostage crisis.

I am. That police chief (who is now a city councilman) should be strung up by his non-existent balls

If officers had been authorized to enter the school to seek the hostage taker and remove the threat and, in the course of that search, came across a student or a staff member with something indistinguishable in their hands, and shot said student or staff member, they might have a reasonable defense against subsequent criminal charges or law suits. They could argue that those in-charge were aware of the risks of sending non-tactically trained police officers into a tactical situation, but ignored those risks and sent the officers in anyway with orders to find the hostage taker and shoot him.

If officers had gone into the school against the orders of their higher ups and an accidental shooting occurred, those officers would be thrown under the bus so hard it would have cracked the pavement.

Every anti-police group in the world would have demanded their blood and, as we have seen, the leadership is often willing to give them the police officer's blood to avoid violent protests.

So you're saying the police have been cuckified by the courts and by public opinion?

Well guess what, then they shouldn't be on the force.

I don't pay tax money for dead weight. If they're not doing the job, get rid of them.

Same thing here. As much as the OP's article uses the weasel word "alleged". The fact is, these officers entered a hostage situation that was simultaneously a family violence situation ... these combined situations are documented to be the most likely to involve the death of the hostage.

Officers were sent too quickly into a hazardous situation and will probably end up paying the price for it.

Those officers stopped parents from saving their own children, and then harassed them afterwards for speaking out about it

Fuck those officers, and fuck their boss, and fuck their entire department. They need a federal consent decree.

"Two former Oklahoma police officers have been charged with first-degree manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a man in December while responding to a 911 call of an alleged protective order violation. District Attorney Kyle Cabelka on Friday charged ex-Lawton Officers Robert Hinkle, 30, and Nathan Ronan, 29, in the death of Quadry Sanders, 29, The Oklahoman reported. Body camera footage shows Sanders appeared from around a refrigerator, his hands were visible and he appeared to be holding a ball cap, which he moved from his right hand to his left. Sanders then moved partially behind the refrigerator. Sanders wasn’t armed, Cabelka said. Hinkle shot four times at Sanders, who appeared to have his right hand raised above his head before falling to the ground. Sanders sat up with his hands above his head. Hinkle then fired seven more times. Ronan also fired four times at Sanders, according to Cabelka, bringing the total number of shots fired at Sanders to 15. Cabelka said no weapon was found on Sanders nor in the area where he was shot."

View attachment 643101
Why were police called to the house?? Because Sanders allegedly was the subject of a restraining order in which he was in violation of. Sanders was at the home of the person he was ordered to stay away from and refused to let that person leave....Ultimately, she was allowed to exit the home...Sanders attempted to leave the home from the backdoor....which is the point where you see the footage start recording from... he was ordered to show his hands, which he did....etc, etc, etc.....Now, this Sanders guy may very well be a bad guy....an abuser, everything under the sun.....but I don't see how this shooting can be considered justified....and to add injury to insult, you shoot the guy 4 or 5 more times after you have already shot him..and you shoot him because he had the audacity to raise his hands? Like yall have been asking him to do the whole time??

On the bright side, the cop who fired the majority of the fatal shots is a black guy -- so maybe, just maybe -- the "the police are always justified" folks will be willing to call this for what it is...an un-justifiable murder at the hands of trigger happy cops...trigger happy cops who do a disservice to not only their own community, but the community of police officers around the country who go to work and do the right thing day in and day out.......but if there is a justification for this; I am interested to see what that justification is.....because just being a bad guy is not a justification in my mind.....

I think the Black Brain Disease has caused the death of one man and ended the career of two others

I think the Black Brain Disease has caused the death of one man and ended the career of two others
Well, hopefully more Republicans will campaign on vowing to put a stop to black brains......

Maybe they can find a "good black" like Herschel to send the message -- that way they can say it's not racist...

I can see the campaign now, "Vote GOP So We Can Ban Black Brains!"

Fingers crossed bro

Well, hopefully more Republicans will campaign on vowing to put a stop to black brains......

Maybe they can find a "good black" like Herschel to send the message -- that way they can say it's not racist...

I can see the campaign now, "Vote GOP So We Can Ban Black Brains!"

Fingers crossed bro
I'm not worried about black brains, I'm worried about the stuff that EATS brains. What do they call it, mad cow? Or maybe mad liberal, in this case... :p

I'm not worried about black brains, I'm worried about the stuff that EATS brains. What do they call it, mad cow? Or maybe mad liberal, in this case... :p
Or maybe human nature......or do you think that when a white person commits a crime, it's because he was misunderstood and we need to have compassion -- but if a black person commits a crime, it is because they are black?

Cool...like I said, Republicans should campaign on it and not be afraid

View attachment 643101

Im glad he is dead. Give these officers a cash reward!

Yep, expect a 180 from the usual suspects. If the victim was white, they'd be arguing for the death penalty.
When have people on the right cared about a black cop shooting a violent white criminal? Im pretty sure there isnt a single example in the history of our nation.

View attachment 643101

As long as they killed a black dude, I don't care.

Forum List

Back