2 Million Households Now Owe $15 Billion in Back Rent

Renters do notbt pay property taxes. It comes out of the owners pocket.
The more illegals and deadbeats the democrats can go to bat for the more votes they can get.

Last edited:
I support capitalism as our economic system for the entire country. In Europe, people generally buy European products regardless of cost. In fact when covid broke out, Italy was the hardest hit because consumers would resist buying any product that was not made in Italy. So they brought in Chinese workers, most from Wuhan, to work in Italian factories thus allowing them to legally use the Made in Italy labels on their products.

In the United States, we are consumed with cheap prices. We don't care where our products are made, just as long as they're cheap. We don't even care about quality. It's what made Walmart the number one store in the US. It's why outside of government, unions have virtually disappeared in the US. We can't make cheap products overpaying workers.

Nothing is free. Healthcare workers don't work for free here and they don't work for free in Brazil. You pay one way or the other, and the US has some of the lowest tax rates of any industrialized country.

View attachment 520879
HC is free for the poor, in more advanced nations.

I support capitalism as our economic system for the entire country. In Europe, people generally buy European products regardless of cost. In fact when covid broke out, Italy was the hardest hit because consumers would resist buying any product that was not made in Italy. So they brought in Chinese workers, most from Wuhan, to work in Italian factories thus allowing them to legally use the Made in Italy labels on their products.

In the United States, we are consumed with cheap prices. We don't care where our products are made, just as long as they're cheap. We don't even care about quality. It's what made Walmart the number one store in the US. It's why outside of government, unions have virtually disappeared in the US. We can't make cheap products overpaying workers.

Nothing is free. Healthcare workers don't work for free here and they don't work for free in Brazil. You pay one way or the other, and the US has some of the lowest tax rates of any industrialized country.

View attachment 520879
You know what else is free? All the corporate welfare and massive tax breaks, but only for the ultra rich.

I only had to do that once. I got two checks a month from the court. It took over a year, but I got every dime back that was owed to me.
Well, I think a lot more rent is owned now.

Seriously, Ray, imo the back rent should be paid to the owners of the properties from the 54B appropriated by Congress, and there should just be a way to do it when taxes are filed using a tax credit or allowing a dollar for dollar offset against income earned.

But workers like me also lost income, and we refinanced. There was a whole lotta refinancing going around. But we'll never get our income back, and we basically extended the lifetime of mortgages. It was sorta like the housing market crash. Nobody bailed out the homeowners.

But I don't think rental owners would necessarily get a windfall from the govt picking up the back rent with deficit dollars, because regardless of whether the refinanced, the market for rental property is a supply demand market. Landlords logically will price units to get them rented. If rental units go into bankruptcy it won't help anyone.

Whether one person gets a "better deal" shouldn't be the issue. Everyone should be in this together.

You know what else is free? All the corporate welfare and massive tax breaks, but only for the ultra rich.

Depends how you define welfare. Lowering taxes for businesses is not welfare. Welfare is giving people something they never had before, not taking less from them. As for any bailouts or federal lending programs, what do they apply to, like .5% of all the companies in the United States?

But all that government welfare for the ultra rich that’s free, right?

Again, what are you calling government welfare? Let me remind you of what industry and companies contributed to our country. Did you ever go downtown, take a walk and amazed by all those huge buildings? You didn't build that. Large corporations provide us with tens of thousands of jobs which keeps the economy going, and make large charitable contributions. If they need a loan or something, I'm not crazy about it, but if it preserves those jobs and helps keep the economy going, it's probably the best money the federal government spends because it benefits all of us.

It’s another fake feelings fantasy for you weepers who disdain effort and success and don’t live in reality.
Yeah that’s it. We mustn’t care for the poor and working class. Fuck them. It’s the Great Con Way.

Again, what are you calling government welfare? Let me remind you of what industry and companies contributed to our country. Did you ever go downtown, take a walk and amazed by all those huge buildings? You didn't build that. Large corporations provide us with tens of thousands of jobs which keeps the economy going, and make large charitable contributions. If they need a loan or something, I'm not crazy about it, but if it preserves those jobs and helps keep the economy going, it's probably the best money the federal government spends because it benefits all of us.
No. It benefits the ultra wealthy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back