2 black women running against each other: Nina Turner (endorsed by Bernie & Cornel West) Vs Shontel Brown, endorsed by Congressional Black Caucus!

Shontel Brown — the chosen candidate of the caucus — would honor “the rich"

• Banned
"Turner earned the ire of senior CBC members by, among other things, comparing voting for Joe Biden to eating a bowl of excrement and saying that Clyburn hasn't gone far enough to cash in on his early endorsement of the president to get policy wins.

The CBC’s decision to wade so forcefully into the contest has reignited tensions and ideological fractures among Black Democrats. Veteran incumbents see their intervention as crucial to preserving the integrity of their storied caucus from Turner, an outspoken ally of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) who is prone to broadsides against fellow Democrats. But to Turner allies, the CBC is using its collective power to intimidate progressive candidates and is betraying its core mission of boosting Black representation.

“What messaging are we sending as a party?" said Kina Collins, a Black activist challenging a CBC member in Chicago. "I think that messaging is: You are not welcome. And if you are not who we are anointing for this position, then we will basically raise resources against you to silence you."

Turner's colorful language provoked some of the CBC, especially when she appeared to concur with a June assessment by the rapper Killer Mike that Clyburn had settled only for the creation of Juneteenth as a federal holiday, as opposed to more substantive policy, in return for his influential endorsement of Biden in 2020.

“The statements that Nina Turner made about the president of the United States and Jim Clyburn is unacceptable to me, and you can tell her I said that — in quotes,” Beatty said, while also referencing the now-infamous comment about voting for Biden and eating excrement. ("And she didn't say crap," Beatty added.)

“I don't think that's conducive to our core values of respect,” Beatty said. Clyburn, she noted, is one of the most powerful Black men in the country. "And so, I'd send a message back to Nina Turner: Don't speak for the Congressional Black Caucus or me.”

"I'll put it this way: That decision made Barbara Jordan and Ron Dellums roll over in their graves. Louis Stokes, too," Ben Jealous, a Turner ally and former NAACP president, said, referencing CBC founders and former chairs. "It was shameful."

Didn't we just have our 55th presidential election with 2 whites running against each other? So what is the big deal about this?

• Banned

"The Democratic establishment dealt a crushing blow to the progressive movement Tuesday, when Shontel Brown, the preferred candidate of party stalwarts, triumphing over Nina Turner, a face of the insurgent left, in a special congressional primary election.

Turner conceded shortly after 10 p.m. with a biblical reference: "On this night, we will not cross the river." She trailed Brown 51 percent to 44 percent when The Associated Press called the race.

In a spirited concession speech from a bowling alley in the Cleveland suburb of Maple Heights, Turner blamed the super PACs that opposed her for the loss and vowed to fight for better infrastructure and campaign-finance reform to aid like-minded candidates.

"I am going to work hard to ensure that something like this never happens to a progressive candidate again," she said. "We didn’t lose this race — the evil money manipulated and maligned this election."

Turner was a staple on cable TV and did not hold back her distaste of Clinton and Biden and the Democratic Party’s leaders. That left behind a trove of footage that her detractors used to cut ads"

[Snipped]

Greetings. Keeping it REAL, Factual and Respectful. No Hate.

As ELECTED Public Problem Solvers, what ACTIONS will Shontel Brown or Nina Turner, take to PREVENT American kids & teens from SUFFERING, THRU NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, a potential life scarring childhood upbringing!

Learn why Cali Surgeon General & pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, MPH, FAAP, believes a NATIONAL MOVEMENT is required to EDUCATE citizens about our Nation's Child Care Public Health CRISIS:

#PreventChildNeglect

#BeAHero >>>

#ReportSuspectedChildAbuse

ReparationsChildAbuse.jpg
Racism_Obama_Abuse.jpg
LetsRaiseKidsWho.png

☮️♥️ EndHate2021

Forum List

Back