2,700 evangelicals urge Christians to stop politicizing pandemic and take coronavirus vaccine

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
“We are deeply concerned about the polarization and politicization of science in the public square when so many lives are at stake. The word ‘science’ has become a weapon in the culture wars. Scientists are vilified and their findings ignored, while conspiracy theories go viral. Sadly, Christians seem just as susceptible to these trends.

Thoughtful Christians may disagree on public policy in response to the coronavirus, but none of us should ignore clear scientific evidence,” the statement published online by the nonprofit organization BioLogos says.

“We call on all Christians to follow the advice of public health experts and support scientists doing crucial biomedical research on COVID-19.” According to a report from the Christian Post, BioLogos was founded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins, who is a devout Christian geneticist, and his wife, to foster discussions about the harmony between science and biblical faith.

Collins was reportedly honored earlier this year with the Templeton Prize, a financial award of $1.3 million for his storied career using science to advocate for the “integration of faith and reason.” The recent statement comes as a vocal minority of churches spoke out against calls from federal and local government authorities to close their churches amid the new coronavirus pandemic, risking fines and arrests.

No.

Nope, don't trust tramp, but most of the evangelicals do so I don't know what their problem is.

They first want to know why god foisted this virus on them in the first place.

The problem isn't about ignoring clear scientific evidence. The problem is putting your politics above living as Jesus taught.

The problem isn't about ignoring clear scientific evidence. The problem is putting your politics above living as Jesus taught.
Liberals are bigots who loath Christians.
Especially the Evangelical Christians.
I am not a Christian, but I doubt that Jesus would support the hate and violence of the Left.

I am not a Christian, but I doubt that Jesus would support the hate and violence of the Left.

Odd. I am a Christian and people call me a liberal all the time.

He wouldn't support the hate and violence from the left but he would the right?

The Left is murdering people and burning cities.
Liberal-Violence-vs-Conservative-Protestiufskfh.png

libnuttsrdumb9494rgwriugw.jpg

View attachment 390574

View attachment 390577

Our country as a whole is murdering people.

US Military Killed 132 Civilians Globally in 2019: Pentagon

Are you cool with that?

View attachment 390574

View attachment 390577

Are you cool with that?
yes, war is messy.
why are you against fighting terrorism?

View attachment 390574

View attachment 390577

Are you cool with that?
yes, war is messy.
why are you against fighting terrorism?

The most violent nation in the world is only leading by example. "Protest can be messy".

Forum List

Back