2/3 of Republicans believe voting is a privilege - Not a right

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
I guess Democrats know more about the Constitution. :) See Section 2 - Time for the filibuster carveout to end this BS. In any case where such a right is being upended by power-hungry piglets, 50 votes shall be all that is needed.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

I guess Democrats know more about the Constitution. :) See Section 2 - Time for the filibuster carveout to end this BS. In any case where such a right is being upended by power-hungry piglets, 50 votes shall be all that is needed.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
End what BS? Nobody is having their right to vote taken away by any State, let alone based on their race, color or previous condition of servitude...what are you going on about?

Holy crap

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But holy crap.

Well said ^ Tis the Christian Sabbath and time for all God-fearing patriots to pay homage to their Holy Orange Crap!

1627228766779.png

IMHO Republicans look at voting as a "privilege" because so many people around the world are denied that right. We are very lucky to be Americans where voting is a "right" but also a "privilege" in that we are a free people who can vote or not vote. We view that as a privilege.

I'm not sure that the OP and democrat responders are looking at what "privilege" means in this context.
I think voting is a "privilege" compared to Cuba or Venezuela where they are denied the right to cast meaningful ballots.

IMHO Republicans look at voting as a "privilege" because so many people around the world are denied that right. We are very lucky to be Americans where voting is a "right" but also a "privilege" in that we are a free people who can vote or not vote. We view that as a privilege.

I'm not sure that the OP and democrat responders are looking at what "privilege" means in this context.
I think voting is a "privilege" compared to Cuba or Venezuela where they are denied the right to cast meaningful ballots.
Don't be a weasel and try to spin it.
Just admit that 2/3 of Republicans don't understand the Constitution.
Driving is a privilege - Voting is a RIGHT.

Don't be a weasel and try to spin it.
Just admit that 2/3 of Republicans don't understand the Constitution.
Driving is a privilege - Voting is a RIGHT.
Just saying that you don't know what the polling results meant by saying that voting is a privilege.
Privilege means "A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, or caste. synonym: right."

So a synonym of "privilege" is "right", so WTF does the poll mean?? NOTHING, both answers mean the same thing.
Who do you define as the beneficiary of the voting privilege? IMHO it is all Americans.

So I'm not sure what stupid context you're trying to get from meaningless poll results, but I'm sure you have something to whine about.

Last edited:
End what BS? Nobody is having their right to vote taken away by any State, let alone based on their race, color or previous condition of servitude...what are you going on about?
The same was said about Jim Crow laws...no one was having their right to vote taken away...you just had to jump thru....hoops.

Just saying that you don't know what the polling results meant by saying that voting is a privilege.
Privilege means "A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, or caste. synonym: right."

So a synonym of "privilege" is "right", so WWTF does the poll mean?? NOTHING, both answers mean the same thing.
Who do you define as the beneficiary of the voting privilege? IMHO it is all Americans.

So I'm not sure what stupid context you're trying to get from meaningless poll results, but I'm sure you have something to whine about.
The question was quite clear: Is voting a right or a privilege?
There is only one answer.
Sit down before ya fall down ;)

r0qKAQ9.gif

So a synonym of "privilege" is "right", so WWTF does the poll mean?? NOTHING, both answers mean the same thing.

Wait...you think "right" and "privilege" mean the same thing?.... pretty scary.

The same was said about Jim Crow laws...no one was having their right to vote taken away...you just had to jump thru....hoops.

Dragonlady

Fox News wants to disenfranchise the Dinks.

2f074a_1.jpg

Forum List

Back