1st Amendment...Right to assemble...How many lawsuits are in the pipeline?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
The First Amendment protects the freedom to peacefully assemble or gather together or associate with a group of people for social, economic, political or religious purposes. It also protects the right to protest the government.

Mexifornia’s commie-lite government must hate the First.

The First Amendment protects the freedom to peacefully assemble or gather together or associate with a group of people for social, economic, political or religious purposes. It also protects the right to protest the government.

Remember hearing about all those first amendment cases the Spanish flu response instigated.

Remember hearing about all those first amendment cases the Spanish flu response instigated.
No, actually I don’t. Did that old pesky document get in the way then as well?

It hasn't gotten in the way either time.

It hasn't gotten in the way either time.

You sure about that?
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The government has always had the authority for restricting public assemblies over public safety issues. Courts have demanded a government must take extreme measures for working around public safety issues, but when the government can not guarantee a safe environment they can halt and postpone a gathering.

The government has always had the authority for restricting public assemblies over public safety issues. Courts have demanded a government must take extreme measures for working around public safety issues, but when the government can not guarantee a safe environment they can halt and postpone a gathering.
I’m certain you can link us to such a provision?

I’m certain you can link us to such a provision?

I would guess you won't find it in the U.S. Constitution.

However, it is really the states that are doing this.

Unless you believe in the bullshit Selective Incorporation doctrine....they can get away with it if the state constitution allows them to.

The real trick is enforcement.

I see people hanging out all the time. No cops around.

I hope a lot...of course they will lose...the truth about our country's direction will be made apparent...and......people will do FUCK ALL as a result.

Check out those state constitution docs. They all address war and civil unrest but health issues are vague.
Theses governors authority needs to be looked into further

Go right ahead and peaceably assemble. Don't self isolate from your parents , grandparents, and children.
I believe that I am going to go as cashless as possible. It has to be a virus vector.

Forum List

Back