1955 warrant in Emmett Till case found, family seeks arrest

Supposedly the DOJ closed the case back in 2017. Since then there have been conflicting accounts circulating that she fabricated her story about being assaulted by Emmitt Till.

She's 88 years old now and likely will escape accountability in this lifetime and will instead be judged by God (if there actually is a God)

I don't believe in God and whether or not she fabricated the story doesn't really change the horrific torture they put Emmet Till through. She spend whatever time she has left behind bars.

I don't believe in God and whether or not she fabricated the story doesn't really change the horrific torture they put Emmet Till through. She spend whatever time she has left behind bars.

I am not a believer either, and I totally agree with you. I guess being old enough to recall it vividly and understanding what "southern justice" looked like for Black citizens at that time, I gave up hope long ago

I've read everything to be found on that case for many years. In fact, I had an evil aunt that I used to spend summers with as a kid and her way of making me behave was to tell me, "If you don't stop acting up, I'm going to call the men who killed Emmitt Till to come and get you". Then she would show me pictures of his mutilated corpse.

Needless to say, I hated her until the day that she died.

That does not matter to those after their pound of flesh.....With a potential payday at the end.

Blacks think that they are in the cat-bird's seat and they would be perfectly fine with dragging a 90-odd year old white woman into court just to prove that they could.
They just did it with a 101 yr old Nazi guard, so why not? If she was responsible for the brutal murder of a 14 yr old boy…why does she get a free pass yet again?

They just did it with a 101 yr old Nazi guard, so why not? If she was responsible for the brutal murder of a 14 yr old boy…why does she get a free pass yet again?

Probably because he was tried and convicted in Germany as opposed to south of the Mason Dixon Line in America.

Well seeing that her other two supposed accomplices were acquitted (and both likely dead by now making obtaining further testimony somewhat difficult) good luck with all that.

They found no new evidence, just a old warrant that was never served stuck in a pasteboard box.

A deathbed confession is their only hope at this point.

Well seeing that her other two supposed accomplices were acquitted (and both likely dead by now making obtaining further testimony somewhat difficult) good luck with all that.

They found no new evidence, just a old warrant that was never served stuck in a pasteboard box.

Or the confession her husband sold in 1956 for $4,000 to Look magazine.

Well she has admitted she lied.

Emmett Till accuser admits she fabricated her testimony at his killers’ murder trial – IMDiversity

Seems to me she gets charged as an accomplice to murder. This could have been done already but she likely still lives in Mississippi.

Acquired of a black boy’s death in that era means nothing. You know that. It’s not much different than the old Nazi.

Acquired of a black boy’s death in that era means nothing. You know that. It’s not much different than the old Nazi.
The improvement of relations between people since then is great. An admirable achievement. Dems had a lot to do with it, but they went off the track. Their brand demands the arrow you see in their campaign slogans. If they stop, they die off. Now Progs are like a Warner Bros or Looney Tunes cartoon from another era. And they are serious.

The improvement of relations between people since then is great. An admirable achievement. Dems had a lot to do with it, but they went off the track. Their brand demands the arrow you see in their campaign slogans. If they stop, they die off. Now Progs are like a Warner Bros or Looney Tunes cartoon from another era. And they are serious.
I’m not sure what that has to do with justice for a kid that was murdered.

Forum List

Back