1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop

SM, you are a heathen, you know that. I always drive classics. As I get older, the classics get newer. And each time I sell them I always make a profit and use them as daily drivers (I drive very little though). People love my hand-me-downs. A restomod goes down in price while the classic goes up. The problem with the classic is, you have to be very careful what you do to them. Mod them and the worth goes down.
I agree with what you are saying to a point. ... :cool:
I'd never take a really nice example of a classic car and resto-mod it.
That would be blasphemy.
I only resto-mod cars with blown or missing engine and transmission, needing all new wiring, and trashed interior. But that has good chrome, straight body, good glass, and very minimal rust.

I get offered autos at random, a few years ago I was offered a BEAUTIFUL condition 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, it looked GREAT but I'm not a fan of owning those long American auto's, I admire them but I don't want those very long auto's.

If my various teams, I call them teams, they are general friends who also like old auto's and know about that sort of thing and they are always going to be nearer to these autos than me and so they go and physically take a look at them for me and then report back, but they also keep an eye on who might be selling an auto and they have found someone selling a 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport in good condition, it's in Danville, California, not sure where that is in California, but I have two teams there one up in Walnut Creek/Lake Tahoe and the other in Benedict Canyon/Lake Arrowhead.

This is a beautiful auto, not sure about the colour of it though and IF I bought it I might get it resprayed Black because I think it would look exceptional in Black:

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

Not sure about the seats, if I bought it I would want either Black leather seats or VERY VERY Dark Red leather seats:

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

^^^^ The great thing about a 9 HOUR time difference between me and California is that I can phone California when something is still open as in Daily Opening Hours. From the same Dealer in Danville, California I have just bought the below auto. I have been in contact on email on and off for the last 5 hours (beginning at 10PM for me and 1PM for him) with a friend in Walnut Creek and they drove to Danville to check out the above 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport and when they were there they said the Dealer has a TON of autos and there was a 1940 Aston Martin that I literally would ADORE and to check it out and so I did and then I phoned my friend as he was at the Dealer's place in Danville and I was talking with the Dealer and I said I WANT that 1958 Plymouth Fury Sport, he said okay but that's in the Auction and 53 other peoples are wanting it also - look this is NOT HAPPENING I am NOT having someone else getting that 1959 Plymouth, so what do I do put in a MASSIVE bid that I think NONE of the other 53 can match or what? I have a dilemma and will think over night, the Dealer said the Auction will be going on for a few more days anyway, but he KNOWS NOW that I WANT that auto.

Anyhow so during the conversation I said I would like the 1940 Aston Martin and he said it's NOT in the Auction and if I wanted it now I could have it and so I have bought it.

This is it below and Daryl Hunt this colour it's in, for the year of 1940 THIS WOULD be the ACTUAL colour, it's called Racing Green.

It's VERY FRUSTRATING being physically so far away from this, I WANT to TOUCH it and to SMELL the leather seats and to SIT in it and DRIVE it! AARRGGHH!!!! Not fair!!!!

It's now Official from the Dealer's website:

View attachment 395320

^^^^ SOLD: I am a happy bunny! I of course will not sleep properly until I get that 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport.

Here is my 1940 Aston Martin Speed Model Type C - I add that this is only one of eight Type C Models, it has 125 bhp, 1,949 cc SOHC inline four-cylinder engine with twin SU carburetors, four-speed manual transmission, front and rear live-axle suspension, and four-wheel Lockheed hydraulic drum brakes (I got all of that in an email from the Dealer, I LOVE old auto's but I'm NOT in the knowledge about ALL the specifics on the engine and things like what drum brakes etc) What a beautiful gem of an auto:

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

NOT FAIR!!!! Look at that Black leather seating, I can SMELL it almost. I need to calm down because my Black leather fetish is totally kicking in now *Sigh*

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

Look at that GORGEOUS steering wheel and everything else:

View attachment 395316

Just one more REPEAT picture of those Black leather seats, so sexy and....Black leather and....okay I'm calming down *Sigh*

View attachment 395317

You guys and gals should be aware that I only have the price of admission to this discussion.

You get FREE ice cream and of course you are welcome in this discussion, I like your enthusiasm for autos.

SM, you are a heathen, you know that. I always drive classics. As I get older, the classics get newer. And each time I sell them I always make a profit and use them as daily drivers (I drive very little though). People love my hand-me-downs. A restomod goes down in price while the classic goes up. The problem with the classic is, you have to be very careful what you do to them. Mod them and the worth goes down.
That would be blasphemy.
I only resto-mod cars with blown or missing engine and transmission, needing all new wiring, and trashed interior. But that has good chrome, straight body, good glass, and very minimal rust.

I get offered autos at random, a few years ago I was offered a BEAUTIFUL condition 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, it looked GREAT but I'm not a fan of owning those long American auto's, I admire them but I don't want those very long auto's.

If my various teams, I call them teams, they are general friends who also like old auto's and know about that sort of thing and they are always going to be nearer to these autos than me and so they go and physically take a look at them for me and then report back, but they also keep an eye on who might be selling an auto and they have found someone selling a 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport in good condition, it's in Danville, California, not sure where that is in California, but I have two teams there one up in Walnut Creek/Lake Tahoe and the other in Benedict Canyon/Lake Arrowhead.

This is a beautiful auto, not sure about the colour of it though and IF I bought it I might get it resprayed Black because I think it would look exceptional in Black:

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

Not sure about the seats, if I bought it I would want either Black leather seats or VERY VERY Dark Red leather seats:

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

^^^^ The great thing about a 9 HOUR time difference between me and California is that I can phone California when something is still open as in Daily Opening Hours. From the same Dealer in Danville, California I have just bought the below auto. I have been in contact on email on and off for the last 5 hours (beginning at 10PM for me and 1PM for him) with a friend in Walnut Creek and they drove to Danville to check out the above 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport and when they were there they said the Dealer has a TON of autos and there was a 1940 Aston Martin that I literally would ADORE and to check it out and so I did and then I phoned my friend as he was at the Dealer's place in Danville and I was talking with the Dealer and I said I WANT that 1958 Plymouth Fury Sport, he said okay but that's in the Auction and 53 other peoples are wanting it also - look this is NOT HAPPENING I am NOT having someone else getting that 1959 Plymouth, so what do I do put in a MASSIVE bid that I think NONE of the other 53 can match or what? I have a dilemma and will think over night, the Dealer said the Auction will be going on for a few more days anyway, but he KNOWS NOW that I WANT that auto.

Anyhow so during the conversation I said I would like the 1940 Aston Martin and he said it's NOT in the Auction and if I wanted it now I could have it and so I have bought it.

This is it below and Daryl Hunt this colour it's in, for the year of 1940 THIS WOULD be the ACTUAL colour, it's called Racing Green.

It's VERY FRUSTRATING being physically so far away from this, I WANT to TOUCH it and to SMELL the leather seats and to SIT in it and DRIVE it! AARRGGHH!!!! Not fair!!!!

View attachment 395320

^^^^ SOLD: I am a happy bunny! I of course will not sleep properly until I get that 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport.

Here is my 1940 Aston Martin Speed Model Type C - I add that this is only one of eight Type C Models, it has 125 bhp, 1,949 cc SOHC inline four-cylinder engine with twin SU carburetors, four-speed manual transmission, front and rear live-axle suspension, and four-wheel Lockheed hydraulic drum brakes (I got all of that in an email from the Dealer, I LOVE old auto's but I'm NOT in the knowledge about ALL the specifics on the engine and things like what drum brakes etc) What a beautiful gem of an auto:

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

NOT FAIR!!!! Look at that Black leather seating, I can SMELL it almost. I need to calm down because my Black leather fetish is totally kicking in now *Sigh*

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

Just one more REPEAT picture of those Black leather seats, so sexy and....Black leather and....okay I'm calming down *Sigh*

View attachment 395317

There's probably nothing I can think of that's more fun than buying a cool car. I mean, there are things that come really really really really really really close, but not more self-fulfilling. Congrats on your buy!

I am happy with my two new autos, this completes my auto buying for this year.

Will you LOOK at this below cute thing!

A 1910 Stanley Steamer Model 70 5 Passenger Touring:

1601587416106.png

1601587381059.png

1601587320196.png

I LOVE the wheels, the White and pale lemon colour scheme is so pretty:

1601587337637.png

Just look at the beautiful Black leather seats:

1601587060615.png

1601587097105.png

1601587040202.png

1601587125031.png

1601587150102.png

1601587174831.png

1601587208335.png

1601587232154.png

1601587252399.png

Last edited:
That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

There's probably nothing I can think of that's more fun than buying a cool car. I mean, there are things that come really really really really really really close, but not more self-fulfilling. Congrats on your buy!

I am happy with my two new autos, this completes my auto buying for this year.

Will you LOOK at this below cute thing!

A 1910 Stanley Steamer Model 70 5 Passenger Touring:

View attachment 395686

View attachment 395684

View attachment 395681

I LOVE the wheels, the White and pale lemon colour scheme is so pretty:

View attachment 395683

View attachment 395680

Just look at the beautiful Black leather seats:

View attachment 395669

View attachment 395670

View attachment 395668

View attachment 395671

View attachment 395673

View attachment 395674

View attachment 395676

View attachment 395678

View attachment 395679

^^^^ More pictures:

1601587539023.png

1601587560158.png

1601587587122.png

1601587607165.png

1601587647378.png

1601587671936.png

1601587689186.png

1601587707172.png

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

^^^^ Okay so I have been emailing today with the Dealer in Danville, I told him I still would like that 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport and said my only issue is the seats and the inside door panels, I don't like that check design etc and would pull that out and have all Black leather seating and all Black leather on the inside door panels etc

He said was I okay with a red body auto but he thought I would have a problem perhaps with not liking the seats but he said I said I would pull the seats out of the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport anyway, so I said I'm okay with a red body auto. So he said he had something even nicer than the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport and it's not in the Auction (which is taking so long that Auction) so he emailed me about a 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV, an auto I have never heard of before, I know Dodge but am not aware of what the Firearrow IV was and so I had a look at it and yes the seats are a problem and they will have to come out but the auto itself it's just a beautiful thing and so I bought it it has been mine for about 5 hours now.

Perhaps others might not know anything about the 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV like I didn't and so, it was a Concept Car that was designed to be like our European Sports Autos of the 1950s, it LOOKS European, it doesn't LOOK American, it was built in Italy in Torino:

"The Dodge Firearrow IV was a one-off concept / dream car designed in the early 1950’s by Chrysler Corporations legendary design chief, Virgil Exner and hand built in 1954 by Ghia Coachbuilders of Turin Italy.

Firearrow IV was built on a stock 119-inch chassis with a Red Ram Hemi (241 cubic inch engine) with 150 Hp at 4400 rpm. This power plant was mated to Dodge’s Gyro-Torque four speed semi-automatic transmission."

View attachment 395598

As I am very happy with my two new autos the 1940 Aston Martin and this 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV then I have decided I don't want the 1954 Lincoln Capri and the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport now, these two new autos I have bought are nice additions to my collection and so not being greedy or whatever I hope that whoever buys the 1954 Lincoln Capri and the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport will love those autos like I love mine.

This is it this is the 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV:

View attachment 395566

You can see the seats, they are leather and some of it is Black but I do not like the Black diamond on White leather thing and so this will be all taken out and there will be all Black leather seating and on the inside door panels will also be all Black leather:

View attachment 395567

View attachment 395568

View attachment 395570

View attachment 395571

View attachment 395572

View attachment 395573

View attachment 395574

View attachment 395575

View attachment 395579

View attachment 395582

View attachment 395583

View attachment 395585

^^^^ The 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV more pictures of:

View attachment 395620

View attachment 395621

View attachment 395623

View attachment 395624

View attachment 395625

View attachment 395626

View attachment 395628

View attachment 395638

View attachment 395637

View attachment 395630

View attachment 395631

View attachment 395632

View attachment 395634

View attachment 395635

View attachment 395636

I have. It's a Concept car. Never was in Production. Man, you fell in the manure pile and came out with a rose in your mouth. There were only 4 of these made.

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

You guys and gals should be aware that I only have the price of admission to this discussion.

You get FREE ice cream and of course you are welcome in this discussion, I like your enthusiasm for autos.

I have one request. On your Arrow, please don't change a thing you can't easily change back. That makes a 53 vette more a common ride. Take it from someone that has owned a number of Classic Mopars from the 60s, they hold their value well and just go up. If you don't like the checker board, put it in the trunk but keep it with the car. Remember what I said about replacing the engine in an F-Bird with anything other than a Y-Block? WE Mopar People...........

I have one request. On your Arrow, please don't change a thing you can't easily change back. That makes a 53 vette more a common ride. Take it from someone that has owned a number of Classic Mopars from the 60s, they hold their value well and just go up. If you don't like the checker board, put it in the trunk but keep it with the car. Remember what I said about replacing the engine in an F-Bird with anything other than a Y-Block? WE Mopar People...........
I've never seen an Arrow before.
But I agree with you.
An extremely rare car like that needs to stay factory original from top to bottom. ... :cool:

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

^^^^ Okay so I have been emailing today with the Dealer in Danville, I told him I still would like that 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport and said my only issue is the seats and the inside door panels, I don't like that check design etc and would pull that out and have all Black leather seating and all Black leather on the inside door panels etc

He said was I okay with a red body auto but he thought I would have a problem perhaps with not liking the seats but he said I said I would pull the seats out of the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport anyway, so I said I'm okay with a red body auto. So he said he had something even nicer than the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport and it's not in the Auction (which is taking so long that Auction) so he emailed me about a 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV, an auto I have never heard of before, I know Dodge but am not aware of what the Firearrow IV was and so I had a look at it and yes the seats are a problem and they will have to come out but the auto itself it's just a beautiful thing and so I bought it it has been mine for about 5 hours now.

Perhaps others might not know anything about the 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV like I didn't and so, it was a Concept Car that was designed to be like our European Sports Autos of the 1950s, it LOOKS European, it doesn't LOOK American, it was built in Italy in Torino:

"The Dodge Firearrow IV was a one-off concept / dream car designed in the early 1950’s by Chrysler Corporations legendary design chief, Virgil Exner and hand built in 1954 by Ghia Coachbuilders of Turin Italy.

Firearrow IV was built on a stock 119-inch chassis with a Red Ram Hemi (241 cubic inch engine) with 150 Hp at 4400 rpm. This power plant was mated to Dodge’s Gyro-Torque four speed semi-automatic transmission."

View attachment 395598

As I am very happy with my two new autos the 1940 Aston Martin and this 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV then I have decided I don't want the 1954 Lincoln Capri and the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport now, these two new autos I have bought are nice additions to my collection and so not being greedy or whatever I hope that whoever buys the 1954 Lincoln Capri and the 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport will love those autos like I love mine.

View attachment 395566

You can see the seats, they are leather and some of it is Black but I do not like the Black diamond on White leather thing and so this will be all taken out and there will be all Black leather seating and on the inside door panels will also be all Black leather:

View attachment 395567

View attachment 395568

View attachment 395570

View attachment 395571

View attachment 395572

View attachment 395573

View attachment 395574

View attachment 395575

View attachment 395579

View attachment 395582

View attachment 395583

View attachment 395585

View attachment 395620

View attachment 395621

View attachment 395623

View attachment 395624

View attachment 395625

View attachment 395626

View attachment 395628

View attachment 395638

View attachment 395637

View attachment 395630

View attachment 395631

View attachment 395632

View attachment 395634

View attachment 395635

View attachment 395636

I have. It's a Concept car. Never was in Production. Man, you fell in the manure pile and came out with a rose in your mouth. There were only 4 of these made.

WHY was such a beautiful auto never put in general production? To me this is bizarro. I understand why something like the Ford Edsel which went into production then ended up a massive disaster, but that Dodge Firearrow IV is a beautiful auto and I would have thought peoples would have loved it more. What a bizarro situation.

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

This below is the Dealer in Danville, California that I have bought the 1940 Aston Martin Speed Model Type C and the 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV from, he has some interesting autos for sale and also in Auction, as I said I am now happy with my two new autos:

WHY was such a beautiful auto never put in general production? To me this is bizarro. I understand why something like the Ford Edsel which went into production then ended up a massive disaster, but that Dodge Firearrow IV is a beautiful auto and I would have thought peoples would have loved it more. What a bizarro situation.
American auto makers had a practice of making concept cars like the Arrow IV and featuring them at the big international auto shows. Sometimes they would only make one. There were made just to get the press and buying public's attention, and show what the company had the ability to produce in the future.
Unfortunately, many times the concept car's were destroyed before the next years concept car was unveiled to the public.
But sometimes the cars, like your Arrow IV, escaped destruction and were purchased by collectors. ... :cool:

Last edited:
That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

View attachment 395598

View attachment 395566

View attachment 395567

View attachment 395568

View attachment 395570

View attachment 395571

View attachment 395572

View attachment 395573

View attachment 395574

View attachment 395575

View attachment 395579

View attachment 395582

View attachment 395583

View attachment 395585

View attachment 395620

View attachment 395621

View attachment 395623

View attachment 395624

View attachment 395625

View attachment 395626

View attachment 395628

View attachment 395638

View attachment 395637

View attachment 395630

View attachment 395631

View attachment 395632

View attachment 395634

View attachment 395635

View attachment 395636

Yes, that car could be produced even today with today's engineering and be a mind blower. Imagine it being based on the Magnum Under carrage with it's rear indy suspension weighing in at about 3000 lbs pumping about 375 hp from the 5.7L engine with the 8 speed. Or using the 6.4L Hemi at 475 hp. It would be a friggin nightmare for even this year's top Vette. And easier to work on and more reliable.

I can't find anything on why it wasn't taken into production. Ford thought it was a bangup idea and crushed the Vette in 1955-57 with the T-Bird.

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

This below is the Dealer in Danville, California that I have bought the 1940 Aston Martin Speed Model Type C and the 1954 Dodge Firearrow IV from, he has some interesting autos for sale and also in Auction, as I said I am now happy with my two new autos:

^^^^ I am though VERY VERY tempted to buy the below auto also, this is the write-up about it:

1601591193278.png

And here are the pictures of it from the Dealer's website:

1601591265471.png

1601591115561.png

1601590810788.png

This is literally perfect, I LOVE the cream body and I LOVE the walnut steering wheel and I LOVE the Black leather seats:

1601590881058.png

1601590900784.png

1601590920559.png

1601590940713.png

1601590971117.png

1601590990153.png

1601591039739.png

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395308

View attachment 395309

View attachment 395310

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395312

View attachment 395313

View attachment 395314

View attachment 395315

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395317

"If you don't like the checker board, put it in the trunk but keep it with the car."

Are you saying I can have new Black leather seats and put Black leather on the inside doors but to keep the checker board seats and inside doors stuff? Okay I will keep the checker board stuff ie. not have it thrown away and will get all Black leather for the seats and the inside doors.

"Remember what I said about replacing the engine in an F-Bird with anything other than a Y-Block?"

Yes I do remember.

Forum List

Back