1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
I have at random posted about my thing of collecting Classic Autos I now have 26 Classic Autos in my collection, with American one's I always seem to get peoples who are selling them from either Texas or Florida for some reason.

Note: Edited to correct that Janis Joplin was born in Port Arthur Texas but mainly grew up in nearby Beaumont, Texas.

Anyhow from Beaumont, Texas - the birthplace I add of the great Janis Joplin - my attention has been directed to the below beautiful 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop - I'm also looking at adding to my collection a 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350 and also a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible from someone else - I already have a 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Fuel Injected Coupe with 375hp, 327 cu. in. fuel injected V-8 engine, it's Black with a Black leather interior and a walnut steering wheel. This is my Import Company I use to get Classic Autos I have bought to me:

But anyhow look at this below 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop, WHAT a BEAUTY and it looks in incredible condition, obviously it has been lovingly restored and the engine looks great, I'm in LOVE AGAIN:

1601403487790.png

1601403506222.png

1601403529725.png

1601403543315.png

1601403558152.png

1601403573746.png

1601403603087.png

1601403633239.png

For such a beautifully restored auto it's cheap at under 14,000 US Dollars, I mean the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray which is also beautifully restored cost me 5 times the amount, obviously after that you have to add in the Import thing and all different taxes etc

1601403677004.png

1601403704051.png

It's being sold by some man in Beaumont, Texas called Mark, I need to get my Texas Team to visit him and to physically look at this auto first and if it's as great as it seems I think I'm going to have to get it:

Last edited:
Ford did not offer the 460 until the late 60's.

I have at random posted about my thing of collecting Classic Autos I now have 26 Classic Autos in my collection, with American one's I always seem to get peoples who are selling them from either Texas or Florida for some reason.

Note: Edited to correct that Janis Joplin was born in Port Arthur Texas but mainly grew up in nearby Beaumont, Texas.

Anyhow from Beaumont, Texas - the birthplace I add of the great Janis Joplin - my attention has been directed to the below beautiful 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop - I'm also looking at adding to my collection a 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350 and also a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible from someone else - I already have a 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Fuel Injected Coupe with 375hp, 327 cu. in. fuel injected V-8 engine, it's Black with a Black leather interior and a walnut steering wheel. This is my Import Company I use to get Classic Autos I have bought to me:

But anyhow look at this below 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop, WHAT a BEAUTY and it looks in incredible condition, obviously it has been lovingly restored and the engine looks great, I'm in LOVE AGAIN:

View attachment 394595

View attachment 394596

View attachment 394597

View attachment 394598

View attachment 394600

View attachment 394601

View attachment 394602

View attachment 394603

For such a beautifully restored auto it's cheap at under 14,000 US Dollars, I mean the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray which is also beautifully restored cost me 5 times the amount, obviously after that you have to add in the Import thing and all different taxes etc

View attachment 394604

View attachment 394605

It's being sold by some man in Beaumont, Texas called Mark, I need to get my Texas Team to visit him and to physically look at this auto first and if it's as great as it seems I think I'm going to have to get it:

The Caddy isn't a classic with that motor and tranny. You want it to be a respected classic, find a 317 CID Y block and the matching Turbohydo 3 speed tranny. It's worth goes through the roof at that point. Until then, it's just a hot rod. Having that motor and C6 tranny would be considered a mortal sin by an real collector.

with American one's I always seem to get peoples who are selling them from either Texas or Florida for some reason.
Personally, I only buy my classic cars from Florida and Texas, or southern California.
That's because it rarely, if ever, snows in those states.
Since they don't have to put salt on the roads during the winter to melt the ice. There is almost zero rust on the under side of their cars; frame, fender wells, floors, and trunk.
Just make sure the car was titled and owned by someone in that state, and wasn't brought there from a state with a lot ice and snow. ... :cool:

Last edited:

View attachment 394595

View attachment 394596

View attachment 394597

View attachment 394598

View attachment 394600

View attachment 394601

View attachment 394602

View attachment 394603

View attachment 394604

View attachment 394605

The Caddy isn't a classic with that motor and tranny. You want it to be a respected classic, find a 317 CID Y block and the matching Turbohydo 3 speed tranny. It's worth goes through the roof at that point. Until then, it's just a hot rod. Having that motor and C6 tranny would be considered a mortal sin by an real collector.

Well I like the LOOK of it and sometimes we can just go on LOOKS, it's a beautifully restored auto, I have 26 Classic Autos. I don't need a random auto's worth to "go through the roof" I don't need the money I collect these autos because I like them, I don't collect them to show them off or sell them, I collect them for me.

The only auto I had a few years ago that I did not sell but I did a swap, this was I heard there was a man in London, England who wanted a McLaren MP4-12C Spider and I had bought one but then decided I did not want it anymore but I wanted a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso and in bizarro fashion he actually had one and we emailed back and forth etc and anyhow it ended up with us swapping autos, he got my McLaren and I got his Ferrari. I don't even know why I ever bought that McLaren as I always hated the thing.

It's not restored, it's a resto-mod. That means it's a hot rod, not a classic anymore.

Well I will have a beautiful hotrod then, depending if it works, which I won't know until I physically get someone to go and test it.

I really like resto-mod classic cars.
You get the style and beauty of yesterday's cars.
But with the reliability and performance of todays modern fuel injected engines and transmissions, the stopping power and safety of all around disc brakes, and air conditioning that actually cools the passengers. Plus many resto-mods have comfort accessories like power windows and power door locks, and tilt steering wheel. ... :cool:

Last edited:
I don't need the money I collect these autos because I like them, I don't collect them to show them off or sell them, I collect them for me.
That's the same advice I tell people looking to buy a classic car.
Buy the car you like and want to own and drive.
Not one your friends like, or the market thinks will increase in value.
That way you'll always be happy with your purchase. ... :cool:

View attachment 394595

View attachment 394596

View attachment 394597

View attachment 394598

View attachment 394600

View attachment 394601

View attachment 394602

View attachment 394603

View attachment 394604

View attachment 394605

I find your Domination Themed Threads much more interesting...

1601403506222-png.394596
Nice! And very authentic.

You park just like a typical female driver in 1954.

Last edited:
I really like resto-mod classic cars.
You get the style and beauty of yesterday's cars.
But with the reliability and performance of todays modern fuel injected engines and transmissions, the stopping power and safety of disc brakes, and air conditioning that actually cools the passengers. Plus many resto-mods have comfort accessories like power windows and power door locks, and tilt steering wheel. ... :cool:

SM, you are a heathen, you know that. I always drive classics. As I get older, the classics get newer. And each time I sell them I always make a profit and use them as daily drivers (I drive very little though). People love my hand-me-downs. A restomod goes down in price while the classic goes up. The problem with the classic is, you have to be very careful what you do to them. Mod them and the worth goes down.

She is getting ready to pay almost full price for a resto-mod. She is paying what a real Classic should cost. The Cost of a 1954 Lincoln Capri is right around 14K.
1954 lincoln capri Values | Hagerty Valuation Tool®
She is overpaying. The car will not increase in worth like the original classic will with those changes.

If you are buying something like this to impress, the classic impresses just as well as the rest-mod does. And they will drive the same. The old buggy really can't handle that 460. The suspension just wallows in comparison to the newest Lincolns. If you want something to drive, buy a new or newer car and have your classic as well. The Classic in original condition will impress not only the kids but the collectors as well.

My newest is a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT that is Dark Red. I haven't seen another one like that in this area. It has problems and I didn't pay what a cherry one would cost so it leaves room to get it back to tip top condition. But the power train is in really good condition which most old Gen 3 Hemis aren't. Paint, recover both front buckets (minor cracks in the leather), a small crack in the dash and paint. And some electronic replacements like some sensors and the Radio/GPS/Nav. Unlike the Challenger, which it's the forrunner of both the Challenger and the Charger, it is 400lbs lighter and has an indy rear suspension. Like always, I am predicting that this is going to be on the classic car list very, very soon. So I have to be very careful about how I maintain it. My old Hotrodding Days were fun but they are over. But the worth of the car will just go up.

1601403506222-png.394596
Nice! And very authentic.

You park just like a typical female driver in 1954.
She's starting a White Cars Matter road block.

New Topics

Forum List

Back