19 Year Old Mayor

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
A young man wearing a Hollister T-shirt, shorts and sandals picked up election signs Wednesday in Rice Lake, Wis. The 19-year-old wasn't a campaign volunteer. Romaine Quinn is the new mayor.

Quinn, who served one year on the Rice Lake City Council before being elected mayor on Tuesday, said, "Age, I don't think, necessarily makes a difference, I mean, it's about the issues."

Rice Lake Voters Elect 19-Year-Old Mayor - wcco.com

Yeah... there's a bunch of wisdom and leadership experience in that executive position :rolleyes:

Well it looks to me like he was elected on the basis that he's willing to listen to the people, not necessarily because of any wisdom or experience the people thought he had. Still, you wouldn't think a 19 year old would be able to win a race for any office, let alone mayor.

Congratulations Dogbert!

"He cites Ron Paul, the libertarian-leaning Republican congressman from Texas, as his political role model."

It can't be Dogbert, because Dogbert would never associate himself with Ron Paul.

the other folks quoted in the article were pissed at incompetence and bad manners. He promised to fix one of the problems. He would at least be polite and listen.

YES!!! Weed will be legalized in Rice Lake very soon... BET!! Take that feds! Hehehe. No but congratulations to Mr. Mayor. Hell, the people are wising up. An old lady once told me an old African proverb that went like this:

"When the young begin to talk with the wisdom of adults, a revolution is coming".

There's hope for this nation yet.

Yeah... there's a bunch of wisdom and leadership experience in that executive position :rolleyes:

Well it looks to me like he was elected on the basis that he's willing to listen to the people, not necessarily because of any wisdom or experience the people thought he had. Still, you wouldn't think a 19 year old would be able to win a race for any office, let alone mayor.

True 'nuff on the winning part.... though I have seen 22 year old win before

Now if it were him still in a council seat with a victory or something like that... all well and good.. great place for a person who listens to people... but in the executive, IMHO you want some leadership experience and wisdom... just sayin'

A young man wearing a Hollister T-shirt, shorts and sandals picked up election signs Wednesday in Rice Lake, Wis. The 19-year-old wasn't a campaign volunteer. Romaine Quinn is the new mayor.

Quinn, who served one year on the Rice Lake City Council before being elected mayor on Tuesday, said, "Age, I don't think, necessarily makes a difference, I mean, it's about the issues."

Rice Lake Voters Elect 19-Year-Old Mayor - wcco.com

His parents obviously tagged him for greatness when they named him Romaine

True 'nuff on the winning part.... though I have seen 22 year old win before

Now if it were him still in a council seat with a victory or something like that... all well and good.. great place for a person who listens to people... but in the executive, IMHO you want some leadership experience and wisdom... just sayin'

I've seen some younger people win seats on the school board here in two separate school districts, but I agree it's strange to see someone so young win an executive position.

Forum List

Back