18-X Security Clearance?

Echo343

Rookie
Apr 30, 2017
I was an X-ray, did OSUT, Airborne and started the pipeline, I wasn't ready BUT I had to get a security clearance at MEPS just to enlist as an 18-X. I was just wondering what the name of the clearance was and if it stays with me through my military career even though I was re-classed to an 11-B.
Thanks for any input.
~Echo343

I didn't even know you could sign up with that option it wasn't a thing back in my day. One of the most common things that kills soldiers passing a security clearance is credit history. A Secret Clearance is easy to pass, but given you were going for SF it was more likely a Top Secret and they go deep on those. Like FBI investigations and such.

My advice check your credit if there are any discrepancies take care of them. If you have any minor criminal offences you may be able to petition to have your records expunged. Last keep up your training SF only has a 30-40% pass rate

Hooah.

Yeah I already did OSUT, Airborne and 7/18. I was just wondering if it stayed with me when i was re-classed to 11-B.

You have a point whitehall. I'm sorry forum people, I'm sorry CIA guy that has to read everything I say on the internet.

Maybe we shouldn't be talking about high classification security on a freaking international forum.
Everything I mentioned is readily available on the internets.
I was just kidding, it was really just a thorough background check, finger prints & DNA. I'd say it was a qualification process so if and when I make selection they can just grant me the clearance without having to process my info. They just get it over with at the very start. F'ing Smart...

Forum List

Back