18,000-Year-Old Possible Wolf-Dog Puppy Found Frozen in Siberia

I hope the governments and their laboratories do not experiment with DNA technologies to bring these creatures back. The current ones endangered and benign to the environment I understand.

Apparently the pup was flash frozen. Two reports. The second is a bit more thorough. At some point I think the missing link in humanity will be found. But I think something like that would be quickly confiscated and stashed away by the Smithsonian and that bunch.

Anyway. He was a cute little feller.

Amazingly preserved puppy with whiskers, eyelashes, hair and velvety nose intact puzzle scientists

18,000-Year-Old Possible Wolf-Dog Puppy Found Frozen in Siberia
The next question is will they sequence its DNA, and if that species is extinct, try to use it's DNA to bring that species back?

I hope the governments and their laboratories do not experiment with DNA technologies to bring these creatures back. The current ones endangered and benign to the environment I understand.
I had a neighbor years ago that had a wolf/dog creature. He looked like a large German Shepherd type, but the head was all wolf and was larger than a dog's would be. He was also not very socialized. Of course, they kept him outside all the time, so probably no wonder there.

Yikes. An interesting find of a puppy found frozen in time that may or may not be the missing link in wolf/dog evolution leaves some people worried the outcome will be cloned wolfdogs running wild and killing us all! :cuckoo:

If only the dogs had know what humans had in store for them.

paris-hilton-with-dog-tinkerbell-2005-billboard-650.jpg

They would have eaten us on the spot.

Forum List

Back